PDA

View Full Version : Twins Effect 2

ChangHFY
05-25-2006, 07:41 AM
I finished watching this movie about a month ago. It was a great movie, however it was kind of short on the action. But there was an awesome fight between Jackie Chan and Donnie Yen. It was definately worth watching over and over. But the movie itself was semi boring, but i understand that it was Jackies son's debut in film. Anyways what was everyone elses opinion on this movie?

take care,
zai jian

GeneChing
05-25-2006, 09:33 AM
TE1 was silly. A HK spin on modern vampires ala Blade. It was a JCE production with an incongruous stunt cameo from Jackie as some sort of selling point. But the rest of the movie was mediocre.

Last time I was in China, Jackie's son Jaycee (JC, get it?) was all over the TV doing some rather insipid folk singing. I felt for him, since he seems to have inherated the worst aspects of his parent's looks and is clearly in his father's shadow. I've been very curious about TW2, mostly because of the Donnie/Jackie fight - it's a lot of special effects, is it?

Was the TE2 a true sequel to TE1?

ChangHFY
05-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi, Gene. Hows everything? hows training? The twins effect 2 really has nothing to do with twins effect 1, I was really surprised!! The fight scene does have quite a bit of special effects. But its still a really awesome scene. It ends way to quick though. It should have went on for 3 quarters of the movie. But it was still a great fight scene. Sorry, about not giving the specifics but I dont want to ruin anything for you. :p

take care,
zai jian

GeneChing
06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I suppose this could have gone on the Stormwarriors (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50441)thread. Or maybe the Kung Fu dunk (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49939) thread... :rolleyes:

Pop Duo Twins to Split (http://english.cri.cn/3086/2008/06/29/902s374740.htm)
2008-06-29 18:20:06

The Hong Kong pop duo Twins will separate after seven years of making music together, a report by Web news portal Sina.com.cn said on Sunday.

Although the female pair has stopped recording their latest album, their agent, Emperor Entertainment Group, has not yet responded to reports about the breakup, the article said.

"They have different styles and they are capable of working independently." Huo Wenxi, a producer from the company was quoted in the report as saying. "There's no plan for the two stars to work together in the near future."

Gillian Chung and Charlene Choi, the members of the Twins, have not made any public appearances together in almost five months since revelations came to light that Chung had been involved in a sex photo scandal. In the meantime, Choi has been attending various entertainment events alone to represent Twins.

The music group has won fans from Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland after it debut in 2000.

In 2007, Twins won the Most Popular Female Singer award at the Music-On-Demand Best 10 Awards ceremony held by Hong Kong's TVB station. It was the first time that a duo won the title.

At present, Choi is shooting scenes for the upcoming action film "Storm Warriors." Chung will head to Hollywood to audition for a movie by director Oliver Stone.

doug maverick
06-30-2008, 10:00 PM
the only film i could see her audition for is pinkville. which is a interisting film that stone is doing about a massecre in vietnam. he's suppose to be doing this after W(dub-ya) a film about the life of george bush jr. yes oliver stone doing a film about bush that i gotta see.

GeneChing
06-21-2012, 09:15 AM
I got about half way through it until it was time for bed. I didn't get to the Jackie/Donnie fight, so I'll finish it next week.

So far, it's been really wacky - very cheesey effects and fights, but I confess that so far, I've been entertained.