PDA

View Full Version : Rarely Taught Wu Tang Forms

lamakwoklee
05-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Participation in another post got me thinking about this. Somehow the Tai Tzu Chang Quan taught by Liu Yun-Qiao came up. It seems that this is a form rarely taught even in Wu Tang circles. I'm curious about this form as well as a form I've heard translated as "Eight Warlord Fist". Is that form from Sun Bin Quan?

hellhound
05-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Wudang (as it is now oficially spelled) is a mix of original (13 Postures and Primeval Taijiquan of the San Feng sect, 8 Drunken Immortals, Xiaoyaozhang, etc...) and not so original (baguazhang, taijiquan, xingyi, longfist, etc...) styles belonging to a number of sects and villages in the area. The name to cover them all is Wudangquan (Wutang Fist). Anything beyond that is kind of a hot topic I do not want to get into ;)

lamakwoklee
05-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Not actual Wudang. Not the Wu Tang Klan with Ghostface Killa, and O.D.B. (R.I.P.). I'm talking about the Taiwan based organization started by Liu Yun-Qiao.

Royal Dragon
05-27-2006, 01:23 PM
I think the only one who teaches the Tai Tzu set is Adam Hsu. I made contact with those guys several years ago, and no one knew the form except him.

I managed to procure a video of it once. it's a cool set. The set is rather unique, as it is practiced very slow, like a Taiji set.

svenfeynord
05-28-2006, 10:20 AM
I would very much like to study from a teacher, not from videos, the Wu Tang style of kung fu, since it is so close to tai chi. I want real experienced individuals to instruct me. Who are the good teachers in the U.S or Canada?

Royal Dragon
05-28-2006, 10:28 AM
WuTan is mosty Liu Yun Chio's Baji org. It's not Wudan mountain arts.

Sifu Darkfist
05-28-2006, 11:29 AM
If i am hearing the chinese name correctly, i can tell you my master teaches this set on occasion. wutangcenter.com
i actually learned this set and enjoyed it