PDA

View Full Version : Bagua question

RENEGADE_MONK
05-12-2001, 05:49 AM
Have any of you heard of, or have any knowledge of
Sifu Chao-Chi Liu who teaches T'ien Shen P'ai...If you don't have any info on Chao-Chi Liu can you give me any input on the T'ien Shen P'ai system.

RENEGADE_MONK
05-12-2001, 04:20 PM
???

honorisc
05-25-2001, 01:06 AM
There is a concentration of Tien Shan Pai in Maryland of the United States of America. In Comus along 355 between Frederick and Gaithersburg~. Southbound, it's on the left there's a sign. Pat Hancock (?) teaches there. It's called Body Balance by Pat Hancock ~.

Also on Randolph or Rudolph Road two blocks from 355 where Quince Orchard (Road) becomes Mont Village (Boulevard). It's to the left. American Kung-Fu Academy. There seems to be Northern Praying Mantis Oriented they even have a children's program...

Downtown Washington, DC 7th and H St., N.W. There's the Gallery Place Metro Station (yellow and green line) There's the China Gate over H Street. There's the CVS on the corner, across from the Metro Station. Going away from the Station, up the street North, passing the CVS and the resteraunt with green pillars (red?)then a souveneer shop there's a store that indicates it's a Kung-Fu school. This is a T'ien Shan Pai school. It has at least one Major player of the system that seems strongly associated with this location. Go there on the 10th of October. He used to take challengers, I had read, on this day.

The System has northern Kung-Fu. The Praying Mantis at the Gaithersburg School was Seven*.

The 7th treet School before one of It's moves within that Chinatown offered the side of the wallin big letters and black paint with two figures (people) long-fist and spear: N. Shao-lin, Hsing-Yi, Pa Kua, and at least Chin-Na+a few more.

Willy Lin is a T'ien Shan Pai person click on instructors when you view this folowing website address. http://www.cmai-va.com/kungfu.html

I No_Know

Very some such,perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

RENEGADE_MONK
05-30-2001, 04:47 PM
thanks for the response I thought I would never get one. I'm very familiar with the h street school its called Wah Shing Kung Fu Academy ... but I was not aware of the others you mentioned.

thanx again for your response

Stranger
06-01-2001, 11:03 PM
Renegade Monk,

I posted a few questions about Wah shing on the kung fu amd internal forums.

What I gathered was the man is totally legit. He offers many available training hours. Hsing-i and Pakua are not usually taught to the guy coming through the door, but are more reserved for thos who have already progressed significantly down the Tien Shen Pai curriculum. Let me know if he teaches pakua to you from day one.

"Luminous beings are we."

RENEGADE_MONK
06-02-2001, 05:22 AM
You are correct he does not/will not teach
Hsing-i or Pakua to to new students. from speaking with him and talking to one of his senior students he is very selective on who he teaches as far as Hsing-i and Pakua are concerned.