PDA

View Full Version : Royce Gracie vs. "Kung Fu Master"

Zhang Yong Chun
06-01-2006, 05:27 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7076063312262742465&q=kung+fu

The young Royce Gracie does some nice work, though I'd hate to be rolling around on concrete doing some of this stuff.

:)

svenfeynord
06-01-2006, 06:14 PM
That was no kung fu master. You don't dance like "bruce lee" in one spot with your hands by your waist. Second all he had was that little sidekick and he retreated when gracie came in insteads of leaping off the back foot and bringing his knee into his head with power. He was linear like karate, no kung fu master would fight like that. He displayed no kung fu at all. Don't believe everything you see on the internet. If it says kung fu master it probably is not, and he was not.

Becca
06-01-2006, 06:29 PM
I agree. Wile I did see some kung fu-ish movement, it was definantly not high level, like one migh have expected from a master, or even an advanced student.

Oso
06-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Nice succesfull casting of the "Resurrection Spell".:rolleyes:

Green Cloud
06-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Personaly I think the so called wana be Bruce Lee guy did alot better than royce did against Mat H. and it also lasted alot longer. That's all I got to say about that boys and girls.

Hieronim
06-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Royce should have challenged Jackie Chan, I bet he would have put up a better fight than that too.

HearWa
06-02-2006, 04:10 AM
That kung fu master was Jason Delucia and he trains in MMA too nowadays.

Ben Gash
06-02-2006, 04:36 AM
http://www.jasondelucia.com/jason_delucias_homepage.htm
I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions about SenseiDelucia's Kung Fu :rolleyes:

BlueTravesty
06-02-2006, 04:53 AM
You know, I think that's the first time I've ever seen BJJ, and I've gotta say, that makes want to add two things to my "to-do" list.

1) Learn some form of groundfighting in addition to Kung-Fu so I don't make a total fool of myself in case someone wants to play "Prison Cellmate" er- ground-grapple me in a "sport" (referreed and regulated) situation.

2) Carry a knife or other lethal weapon on me at all times when out of doors in case someone tries that in a street situation. In my eyes, if someone attacks you like that on the street, there's no such thing as "excessive force". And furthermore, I'm dubious as to the judgement of anyone who WOULDN'T stab an attacker like that on the street. Repeatedly. As soon as a guy starts trying to choke you, all bets are off. period. Who knows what the guy will try to do after you pass out? Savagery, plain and simple.

Oso
06-02-2006, 06:36 AM
um, why does his 5 animals symbol have a mantis instead of the leopard?

http://www.jasondelucia.com/biography.htm

Crushing Fist
06-02-2006, 06:55 AM
and why does it have the same pose as his crane, just cropped in a little different?

Knifefighter
06-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Over the years, there were quite a few kung fu fighters who took the Gracie challenge. DeLucia was the best fighter of the bunch

chud
06-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Over the years, there were quite a few kung fu fighters who took the Gracie challenge. DeLucia was the best fighter of the bunch

I have never known what to make of Jason DeLucia's kung fu, but anyone who will get in the ring and trade with Bas Rutten deserves a certain degree of respect, IMHO.