PDA

View Full Version : names and histories of shaolin "masters"

brucereiter
06-02-2006, 02:37 PM
hi ya'all,

below are a list of names of people that may have been assosiated with the shaolin temples. i am looking for background information on all of these names. if any of them are in your lineage please share what you know about them. thanks for your help. i know very little about the chinese spelling and am sure there are other spellings for the same names.

wang hsing-chai
wu ta-chao
liao wu-ch'ang
chang pao-sen
wu t'i-pang
hon ch'ing-t'ang
kao fong-hsien
maid yueh
lu ming-chi
lin t'ien-en
kan feng-chih
chao yuan
tebg hei-tzu
li ching-yuan
pai yun-fan
chao yuan
hung i

best,

b

ngokfei
06-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Best if you have the Chinese Character's for their names. Much easier to transcribe from wade giles/pinying etc.

I believe some of them are from the kuo shu group.

brucereiter
06-02-2006, 09:04 PM
thanks for the idea ... i will try to find the names written in chinese. if anyone else has any idea i would love to hear.

who are the kuo shu group? does kuo shu mean wushu?

Banjos_dad
06-03-2006, 11:02 AM
thought i read somewhere that it meant "national" techniques but with different dialects and no tone marker to go by, it's a guessing game

** edit: Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine October 2003 p53 "Uniting the Trinity of Softness/Grandmaster Chao Fu-lin's unique style of Bagua Taiji" by Gigi Oh (with Gene Ching):
"...Since then until today, i tied a knot with guoshu [literally, "national art" - Taiwan's term for martial arts]."