PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day/Nazi symbolism

Anthony
06-04-2006, 09:09 AM
What's up everyone. Was going to wish everyone a happy Memorial May sooner but didn't get around to it (hope you all enjoyed it and took a second to remember).

Anyway, I went to watch the local Memorial Day parade with wife and friends last weekend and something struck me as odd. Now for those not familiar, this parade usually is represented by local businesses, govt. organizations, schools, classic cars, marching bands, fire houses, bagpipes, etc. etc. I especially like watching the classic cars go by.

So, there was a section of bikers in the parade (showing off their motorcycles I guess). All fine, then I notice that some of them had nazi patches on their jackets. I'm thinking WTF! Now I kind of get the association between bikers and being a rebel but is this really appropriate on Memorial day. Am I misunderstanding this somehow?

TonyM.
06-04-2006, 09:47 AM
No. It's a medical condition. They have their head stuck up their fourth point of contact.

Red Wind Fist
06-05-2006, 01:34 PM
No. It's a medical condition. They have their head stuck up their fourth point of contact.

Bravo! haha.

David Jamieson
06-05-2006, 01:55 PM
there's a revival of naziism all over the world.

I think it's born of frustration desperation, fear and of course hate for those things that you fear.

It's the same kind of thinking that is behind situations like:

recently I was in mexico, it was beautiful and the place we stayed was awesome on so many levels.

I couldn't help but overhear complaints from some of the guests about why the staff don't speak english and why they can't get their change in american dollars.

Im not certain these idiots knew and understood they were in another sovereign country and the language was spanish and the money was the peso.

theyu really didn't seem to get it.

These people are similar in thought architecture to fascist idiots who generalize about one naked fat slob being superior to another naked fat slob because one is pasty and the other is well tanned.

go figure.