PDA

View Full Version : leg injury - muscle or tendon?

Shaolin101
06-05-2006, 03:17 AM
Hi,

I am after a bit of help with a leg injury. At first I thought it may have been a pulled muscle but speaking to someone about the type of pain and location they said it could be a tendon. It is left leg.

I am getting a stinging/burning type pain which goes from the whole inside of my knee and goes up and tapers into a point about 5 or 6 inches up the inside of my thigh – roughly midway between knee and groin.

It is hard to stretch with my right leg on a partners shoulder in a side kick because when they stand it pulls up on the inside of the left injured leg.

Any ideas? Do you think it is just a matter of resting it?

Thanks

BM2
06-05-2006, 03:43 AM
I think you have a muscle tear. I tore mine not fully warming up for my class and saw a guy having trouble in class so I went over to him. During showing him the part of the form I did a side kick. I had always been flexable ( I used to be young :( ) but felt a stinging/burning/stabbing pain when I kicked. This injury took about 6 months to heal ( I was also dumb when I was young, it's a common thing:( and I wouldn't let it heal) and I seem to easliy injure it now. If it is torn, scar tissue will form.