PDA

View Full Version : The Flower Travelling Band With Joe Somebody?

jethro
06-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Is anybody a fan of or even know of this band? I think they are Japanese, but really am not sure.

Has anybody seen Deadly Outlaw: Rekka? Great stylistic movie about a crazy yukuza named kunisada.

There is an album named Satori that is the best thing I have heard in a while that is the soundtrack for the Deadly Outlaw.

Takeshi Miike talks about hwo thsi album had been around for 20 years and how it seemed to have just been waiting for this movie. He aslo says that it was an album that was made for the band to break into the scene in America. I guess I started this thread cause I will be seeking out all of their albums and will share how they are, but man oh man, I would seriously like to know if anybody else knows any other info on Japan's Black Sabbath.

dwid
06-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Wow, this is so weird. I have a copy of a Flower Traveling Band album. I would never have imagined anyone would bring these guys up. The people who copied the album for me are the only ones I've ever heard mention them, and I know a lot of people who listen to some unusual music.

jethro
06-05-2006, 05:29 PM
go and pick up deadly outlaw before you watch the new z. That is final!!!!!

Oh yeah, what album is it, and is it good?

dwid
06-05-2006, 06:10 PM
To be honest, I don't know the album's name. It was burned onto a cd along with some Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age stuff. I think it's only like 5 songs by the Flower Traveling Band.

Looking at the discography, I think it must be Satori, since that's the album with only 5 tracks.

Oh yeah, it's pretty awesome.

jethro
06-05-2006, 07:00 PM
I think it must be Satori, since that's the album with only 5 tracks.

Oh yeah, it's pretty awesome.

:D :D :D I will certainly find out when I get it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D