PDA

View Full Version : When is this crap gonna stop?

Lama Pai Sifu
06-05-2006, 11:05 PM
I used to enjoy this forum awhile back. There were actually some interesting discussions from time to time. But now...

Now this is a place where retards act like infants,.. talk smack about lineage, and how thier wang is bigger than that guy's wang..etc.

It's really pathetic, don't you think?

All the crap about "You have insulted my sifu/my lineage/my style/my branch." What a bunch of babies.

What is wrong with you people? Chan Family, Fut San Kuyhnn, Chan Heung's the founder, no he is not, cut and paste fu, I know this form, you don't....Lau Bun is the best, DFW didnt learn much from him, You don't know Noi Lim Sao...blah blah blah.

Do you see what a bunch of idiots you look like? It's really sad.

There are a few cool people on here, but the bad apples have permanantly spoiled it for everyone. I hope you are happy.

Whatever you 'tards think you are doing to benefit CMA, you have done more to tear it apart with your BS than you will ever do to build it up. Shame on you.

Don't bother responding to this post. I am officially gone from this forum. Save your smack-talk. Get yer lazy arses back to training/teaching, whatever.

Sifu Parrella-Out! See you in the movies!

:mad: :confused: :eek: :(

Fu-Pow
06-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey Michael I agree with pretty much everything you wrote but if you leave then the balance of the forum just goes to the trolls. I just make liberal use of the ignore list feature...it makes a world of difference...its like having 2 different forums.

Plus kennyfist/vstanmore/mistystiker is gone for the time being so hopefully things will improve dramatically.

Whatever you decide to do I wish you well.

FP

firepalm
06-06-2006, 12:39 AM
I've mentioned something to this effect a few times! Personally I think Chan Heung, Jeong Yim, Tam Sam and so on are currently sitting in the 'After Life Bar' and the only thing they are talking about is how it sucked living in their time with no Satelight TV, no good beer and no babes that look like Zhang Zhiyi! :cool:

Eddie
06-06-2006, 12:49 AM
and worst of all, NO internet! :cool:

imagine that- clf people who has no internet access to flame other clf people

hskwarrior
06-06-2006, 06:27 AM
wait wait wait wait wait.

i know i wasn't called an idiot.

kennyfist chose to come back here under 3 names to flame the fire of yes i mean all of our choy lee fut bs. I fought back in a half hearted manner and played with the cut and paste thing because he chose to insult me, my sifu, my lineage and he also insulted in my opinion anyone who is not a direct chan family member.

I chose to get him banned, and then in return i went back and deleted ALL my previous posts because they were never meant in the manner kenny presented.

to lump ME in with them and then call me an idiot, i don't appreciate that. yes i may have allowed my self to fall for his bs and get involved with it, but it's my name on the line not yours.

there are idiots all over this forum, and i do mean alot of us here are idiots. and that does inlclude many many of us.

If it weren't for this history sheet, there wouldn't be any problems. I guess it's not bad enough that you have to worry about how you're going to keep the school going, students jumping ship, sifu's taking their students students, commercial sifu's vs. more underground type sifu's.

to tell you the truth, it can make a man want to quit gung fu all together and take up knitting or something.

Mike, you have went through your fare share of bs on here as well. the drama with gus' student who beat yours. I mean, everyone who knew felt the tension between two classmates.

let's not forget, in this forum, we are a community where everyone knows each other. so when something goes wrong because it gets boring in the neighborhood, that's when everyone gets on the band wagon because they are tired of being bored.

So, ending, the fact that I am promoting, writing, and researching the choy lee fut system (something not done by you guys here) got a few books on the subject i'm working on, trying to launch a CLF sequel called "sifu's kitchen", i got the only site that contains all three lineages history, all together i got about more than 20 sites out there promoting CLF. So, i take real offense when someone calls me an idiot.

to me that's not cool.......i've kept my mouth shut about alot of you guys i can easily say are idiots.

David Jamieson
06-06-2006, 07:58 AM
So, ending, the fact that I am promoting, writing, and researching the choy lee fut system (something not done by you guys here) got a few books on the subject i'm working on, trying to launch a CLF sequel called "sifu's kitchen", i got the only site that contains all three lineages history, all together i got about more than 20 sites out there promoting CLF. So, i take real offense when someone calls me an idiot.

to me that's not cool.......i've kept my mouth shut about alot of you guys i can easily say are idiots.

well, you have a site. You've stirred up some controversy. You actively participated in causality of division where there was little before. And then, you finish it off by telling the others they aren't doing anything, you imply they are inferior, you generate large amounts of information on your own as if because you say it enough times, it's truie.

repititon doesn't make it true, it just makes it heard more often.

And I would also say, that not unlike me, YOu're the last guy who keeps his mouth shut. lol. YOu're one of the biggest antagonists I've ever seen here and I been here a looooong time on this bits and bytes o kungfu forum.

just wanting to point it out. Frankly, I know less about CLF now than when I started reading all this stuff. Seems like there is cause for dischord throughout. Seems like there is confliict within the house and it is being caused by it's least senior members as is the way usually.

No insults intended, but you guys are smearing yourselves with sh1t and teh rest of us are standing here watching and wondering why the fug you would commit this sabotage on yoruself and a style that you say is precious to you.

TenTigers
06-06-2006, 08:51 AM
this sh!t never ends, and it's not just here. Wing Chun guys always bicker about whose lineage is right-and funny thing is, they all refuse to look at Fujian Young Chun Bai-Ho (Fukien WING CHUN Bak-Hok), Hung-Ga guys love to have pi$$ing matches about whose style is purer, and we are the "original Mutt Style" as my Si-Hing DF so aptly puts it. Wong Fei-Hung combined several systems to create Guongdong Hung-Ga, and each generation added their own thing-and we are only four generations old. There are people saying Lam Sai-Wing taught Tang-Fong yadda-yadda. Thag Fong didn't lower his standards yadda-yadda. Hell, my Hung-Ga looks different than everyone else's, and ya know what. I don't really care what people think about it. I know my guys are good, and so does everyone else. That's all I need to know. Period.
CLF evidently has had several people involved in different stages of its development. That's great! That means you get to see so many variations, so many flavors.
We should be saying,
"How many (your art here) practitioners does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"
"Four. One to screw it in, and the other three to say,"Hey, that's cool. We do it a little different"
When are you guys gonna realize that it's all good. Mo Lum Yat Ga.

CLFNole
06-06-2006, 09:08 AM
It will stop when we start talking about CLF and not history. Let each person believe what they want and don't push your beliefs onto someone else.

Then of course we will start arguing who has a better chop choy :eek: but that is for another day. :D

yutyeesam
06-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Then of course we will start arguing who has a better chop choy :eek: but that is for another day. :D

Now that's an argument that I would fully endorse and get behind!

Unfortunately, if there isn't a lineage flame war on here, this place is pretty quiet. For example, Extrajoseph is very knowledgeable and has a lot of information I think we can all benefit from, but it seems like he never comes on here to share much knowledge unless a lineage flamewar starts.

@PLUGO
06-06-2006, 10:39 AM
wait wait wait wait wait.

I chose to get him banned, and then in return i went back and deleted ALL my previous posts because they were never meant in the manner kenny presented.

You're being a bit disingenuous there. You did not "choose" to have "him" banned. He got himself banned when he refused to play nice. The warning to play nice went to the both of you; you simply displayed enough sense to keep the axe from falling on your own head.

It was also suggested to you that you go back to delete those posts. You could instead, have opted to ignor them and not participate in any flame wars.

hskwarrior
06-06-2006, 10:42 AM
david jamieson,

i know you think you have something to say, but i feel if you are not choy lee fut then you should keep out of it. it's for choy lee fut people to work out. not for people from others systems to worry about.

you just want to get in on the controversy. i don't know you, don't care, and don't care what you have to say since you are always playing the devil's advocate or just to play the opposite cause you are bored. you have nothing, or have ever contributed to choy lee fut so why does OUR battle have to even cross your lips.

to everyone else, i do feel the actual history of choy lee fut can be our down fall, and because one side wants to claim ALL power, while the others feel the have equal share is when the power struggle begins.

as i've said for most of the time i've been a member on this forum i've always said that all i was trying to do was tell the history of the fut san hsk. if it differed to that of the chan family, then there must be a reason somewhere. but as we've all seen, choy lee fut is focked up when it comes to history. that's right. i'm not focked up. CHOY LEE FUT"S HISTORY is focked up.

although EJ has never seen any actual writings of chan heung he battles with anyone who opposes their history. for example, the green grass monk has and will always be a hung sing character, and not a chan family one. but because of this battle it has caused the chan family alter their history to include ggm.

For decades, only the chan family history of clf came out. when we started telling the fut san history, no one welcomed it because no one heard of it before. Including any school that has fut san hsk in it, i know their lineages told of the green grass monk. Instead of listening to the history, exploring it without malice, we all could have been instrumental in putting back together the pieces.

Instead, this side says this, that side says that. a division was already preset long before me, and i am in no way responsible for any ill affects because of my passion for the history of MY branch. I will be satisfied in being known as a participator of the history battle, not some villain who intended to spread evil.

for example, not one of you knew anything about the green grass monk. however, by doing my own research i have learned alot about who the GGM may have been. the other side claimed for so llong he was a myth. but, now there are many writings that mention ggm (even from other styles outside of CLF), come to learn a chinese government official instructs a hung sing guy to include the ggm in the writings of their history, and according those in fut san around the japanese invasion and amongst the rubble of peoples homes, actual ancestor tablets with GGM's name on it were discovered.

instead of saying "wow, are you serious?" do they have any photo's of it? "are they still in tact".....what else do you know.?........but no. instead people challenge it instead of considering it. why instantly challenge it if there is nothing to lose?

EJ comes around and instantly acts like he knows what's going on in fut san, or about their (our) history, but has yet to ever and i mean ever tried to educate us on jeong yim, what he's done, and why he was so famous. .........you guys basically worship EJ, but he lacks one thing. information about the fut san hung sing kwoon.

If the battle didn't happen, most of you would still think jeong yim didn't enter the picture until (as they claim it) chan heung sent jeong yim in 1867 to fut san. but as I've clearly stated, records show jeong yim's school active in 1851 at the time of the tai ping rebellion. there is so much more about jeong yim that most of you don't know, but is sad because none of you want to know.

for example again. Did any of you know jeong yim had a wife named chan kay? did any of you know that he also had two sons who died young? did any of you know that Fut San wasn't the first place Jeong Yim opened a school...he first opened in Kong Moon, and Dong Ling Village. You guys don't know where jeong yim is even buried, or supposedy buried. that's sad, because most of you here are connected to jeong yim in one way or another. but because of a lack of interest you won't even care to learn. most of you will shoot it down because if chan heung or his branch didn't authorize it, it's completely wrong. however, jeong yim was a real person, with real disciples, and a real lineage. when people from the direct lineage try to tell his story, it's truly unfortunate that ALL of you shut off your ears.

now, i'm not trying to teach you guys about the history of jeong yim, at first i wanted to share it with you. but i find that senseless. I will just put it in my books, and if you want to read it then you can check out the book. I just hope that other disciples who have jeong yim in their lineage will one day want to know, and if no one documents the history, then it will be forgotten forever.

what i'm trying to say, is the reason for the history wars is that no one wants to keep an open mind. when people close off their minds to even consider the possiblities, then that's when CHOY LEE FUT will suffer. If there weren't tug of wars, we may be able to repair the damage that has already been suffered. i mean "We" because no one even wanted to weigh the possibilities or to even tear it apart to learn what was truth and was a falsehood.

still, this forum breeds people like kenny fist. no one is safe here. there will be no happiness unless drama is happening. it's people like you who totally disregard the hsk history that will perpetuate the evil. if you were to accept that all 3 branches have legitimate histories, then why battle?

peace

hskwarrior
06-06-2006, 10:51 AM
you're right, my bad choice of words.

you banned him but i went to you repeatedly until you did. yes or no?

and according to you.......take your time. no big rush. just delete this and that.

well, i deleted all of them. not just one or two. all of them that i recently participated on.

the axe on my head? no. i don't like flame wars, i will join them if my lineage is in question, i will use whatever i need to get the point across even if it means stepping on some toes. The one thing here, is there are no friends, no one is making money off of each other here. so to be banned would be a blessing in disguise because i wouldn't be so addicted to it. i could just ignore any suckers here.

so, it was my choice to play nice, not yours. you could have banned me, but if i wanted i could go to other forums. truthfully, this place is a wasteland filled with the dirty, low down treacherous types who hide behind their computers to attack ninja style.

see, i hope this place can become a place of learning about the things we love best. but the bloodline of this forum is the insanity. this is my hell. a place of darkness, and i don't know what i did to deserve hell. i might like, i might hate it. right now, i'm starting to hate it.

CLFNole
06-06-2006, 11:06 AM
To me this whole forum thing is what you make of it. I really don't take it very seriously. I like to see what people have to say and involve myself in civil conversations. The whole thing (for anyone) is not to take what people say so seriously, I mean who is anybody really in the whole sceme of things? Just a person behind and computer you wouldn't know if you feel over. For all you know someone could be a 13-year old kid from Nebraska pulling your chain.

Look at the forum for what it is and nothing more.

hskwarrior
06-06-2006, 11:26 AM
for more than 2 years this place has been nothing but a battle ground.

who's branch is first. who did this. who did that. lau bun this, chan tai san that, lee koon hung this, and mak hin fai that.

you could lose your mother and people could say "great, she deserved to die for having you".........

it is what we make it. so if this place is a den of bickering old *****es, then what does that say about us? huh?

David Jamieson
06-06-2006, 11:30 AM
david jamieson,

i know you think you have something to say, but i feel if you are not choy lee fut then you should keep out of it. it's for choy lee fut people to work out. not for people from others systems to worry about

dude, i know you think you know it all because you have 20 websites and post a lot of stuff that causes connflict in your house and then resort to insults and mudslinging when it hits to close to home for you. But opening with the pompous ass approach ain't gonna win you any respect whatesoever and serves only to fan the flames in YOUR direction.

You don't know sh1t about what I study or know now do you. This is a discussion forum isn't it? And so, you throw this stuff out there and then take an elitist attitude? It's no wonder you got a lot of people harping on your dude.

\My opinion is my opinion, I have my right to it and I'm not about to be muscled out of anything by you or anyone likeminded. So live with it and if you keep finding that fire burns, then mayube you should stop touching it.

please fell free to ignore me if you don't like having your thoughts spoken to. YOu do not have the corner on anything dude. YOur just another guy like the rest of us, poutting our two cents in because we feel like it.

It's a discussion forum, not a "HSK STAEMENTS ONLY TO BE TAKEN AS VERATA" Bulletin board dedicated to you, your history and the way you think.

Nice attempt though, but my opinion stands and if I feel like making a comment, I freaking well will. Live with it.

@PLUGO
06-06-2006, 12:02 PM
you're right, my bad choice of words.

you banned him but i went to you repeatedly until you did. yes or no?

and according to you.......take your time. no big rush. just delete this and that.

well, i deleted all of them. not just one or two. all of them that i recently participated on.

the axe on my head? no. i don't like flame wars, i will join them if my lineage is in question, i will use whatever i need to get the point across even if it means stepping on some toes. The one thing here, is there are no friends, no one is making money off of each other here. so to be banned would be a blessing in disguise because i wouldn't be so addicted to it. i could just ignore any suckers here.

so, it was my choice to play nice, not yours. you could have banned me, but if i wanted i could go to other forums. truthfully, this place is a wasteland filled with the dirty, low down treacherous types who hide behind their computers to attack ninja style.

see, i hope this place can become a place of learning about the things we love best. but the bloodline of this forum is the insanity. this is my hell. a place of darkness, and i don't know what i did to deserve hell. i might like, i might hate it. right now, i'm starting to hate it.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to argue with me about the "facts" of this situation.
The reality is that I gave both HSK & Kennyfist a warning. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=667861&postcount=12)

So... if you can't play nice you'll both end up sitting in the corner.

I banned Kennyfist because of his behavior... not because of your PMs and a thread seeking out my attention. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41763) One that was started at 1:19 AM. Do I need to even point out the absurdity of expecting me to be at my desk and available at that hour?

Are you seeking some sort of recognition for "getting someone else banned?"

Are you seeking applause for deleting posts that ultimately reflect poorly on your own behavior?

You displayed sence enough to not get banned; don't blow it now.

If you don't like flame wars don't participate in them. I don't really care what reasons you would have to join in on one; just know that if you do, you do so knowing the risk. The next time I'll simply save myself the bother and ban the both of you. With over 9,000 members here I'm sure we would all apparently survive the event.

Now run along and play nice.

Green Cloud
06-06-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't know about you guys but I'm out there promoting CLF by going to tournaments and putting my school out there for scrutiny. Arguingn about lineage on a KF forum is stupid.

Go out there open schools promote events and compete in them. That's the only way to get respect in the CMA comunity.

Me and Mike are gona be at the 5 tigers tourney this sat the 20th doing our thing and hanging with rep. Sifus and having a great time and there is a catered pool party after the biu ying.

Come down compete demo drink and share like real CMA bros.

We talk about respect in the CMA well on this forum I don't see it.

That's why the MMAartist have no respect for CMA, because we are to busy arguing about who's got the best lineage. Instead of learning the best way to nock a mother out with CLF!!!

greencloud.net

greencloud.com

firepalm
06-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Chan Heung slides a bowl of peanuts over to Jeong Yim, Tam Sam sips his beer and turns to the other two and says, 'You know I hear they have this thing called the Internet now!'. Jeong Yim addes, 'Ya and all our descendants are bickering back forth on it!' ............. a long silence then Chan Heung speaks 'Hmmm.... I gotta say that Zhang Zhiyi is really hot, girls in the village never looked like her!' They all nod in agreement and order another round of beers. :cool:

Fu-Pow
06-06-2006, 02:04 PM
And Green Grass Monk wasn't invited? Well that must tell you something right there. ;)

Fu-Pow
06-06-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure why you feel the need to argue with me about the "facts" of this situation.
The reality is that I gave both HSK & Kennyfist a warning. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=667861&postcount=12)

I banned Kennyfist because of his behavior... not because of your PMs and a thread seeking out my attention. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41763) One that was started at 1:19 AM. Do I need to even point out the absurdity of expecting me to be at my desk and available at that hour?

Are you seeking some sort of recognition for "getting someone else banned?"

Are you seeking applause for deleting posts that ultimately reflect poorly on your own behavior?

You displayed sence enough to not get banned; don't blow it now.

If you don't like flame wars don't participate in them. I don't really care what reasons you would have to join in on one; just know that if you do, you do so knowing the risk. The next time I'll simply save myself the bother and ban the both of you. With over 9,000 members here I'm sure we would all apparently survive the event.

Now run along and play nice.

Banninate him!!!

Green Cloud
06-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Ok Fu Pow Chill, I think Frank is a ver important part of this forum. I don't think we need to single anyone out especialy frank.

We are all at fault here. Lets try not to turn this thread into a personal thing.

Fu-Pow
06-06-2006, 02:36 PM
With all due respect to you..... I see Frank as the main agitator of all this b.s...the rest of us seem to be able to respect each other and get along just fine.

...you might not know this but .he's been banned 2x before (once as yik-wah-tik and some other name before that)

.... and he keeps coming back under different names. Technically I think he should still be banned.

Personally, it doesn't effect me any because I already have him on my ignore list. But I'm even getting tired of seeing his stuff quoted in other peoples threads.

hskwarrior
06-06-2006, 02:54 PM
someone quote this so fu pow can read it.

Who cares about you, or what you think?

hskwarrior
06-06-2006, 03:06 PM
look,

i haven't "Been" the problem. I fight back, and people don't like my fighting. but for me it works.

if you feel like you need to ban me from participating on this forum, the go ahead.

"run along now, and play nice" .......only my mother is allowed to speak to me like that.

maybe i responded you since you put im in "PUBLIC CHECK" and that's one way to push my buttons. you jumped in on this on your own now.

this place doesn't make me nor break me. so like i said, if i have warranted being banned, then go right ahead.

but if i haven't done anything, and you are doing it out of a power trip.......then more power to you.

but let's get it straight. you are the one picking on the FACTS. not me.

he attacked me, got back on kept attacking me, and will probably do it again. I fought back but asked you to do something. I didn't ask you to do it right at that moment expecting you to be at your desk. everytime he attacked i decided to notify you. it was a sunday, i didn't expect you to be there at that time.

you asked me to fix the problem and i did. so what's the problem?

Songshan
06-06-2006, 07:12 PM
I think I can relate and agree with the original post. Unfortunately message boards have become the grounds of debates over lineage among the various CMA styles. Heck just goto the shaolin section. Some people just do not have the respect and like to post nonsense. So who knows when it will end.

chasincharpchui
06-06-2006, 10:57 PM
And Green Grass Monk wasn't invited? Well that must tell you something right there. ;)

don't u fkn even start eric

Ben Gash
06-07-2006, 01:04 AM
OK, everyone, for us all to get along we need to accept our own personality flaws and weaknesses. We can't sit here moaning about other people and then seek to justify our own bad behaviour. Most of us here have been bad at one point or another, and it's pointless going over the whys and wherefores. We need to agree to respect each other's views and not descend into personal insults, and get on with REAL discussions about CLF.

David Jamieson
06-07-2006, 05:21 AM
OK, everyone, for us all to get along we need to accept our own personality flaws and weaknesses. We can't sit here moaning about other people and then seek to justify our own bad behaviour. Most of us here have been bad at one point or another, and it's pointless going over the whys and wherefores. We need to agree to respect each other's views and not descend into personal insults, and get on with REAL discussions about CLF.

I agree with Ben's sentiments, but having weathered the storm of soapbox and triumph the insult dog threads over the past few months here (A lot of content both contreversial and interesting provided by frank), I'd have to say "good luck with that".

:p

firepalm
06-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Chan Heung, Jeong Yim & Tam Sam get their second round of beers. The Green Grass Monk comes out of the washroom and walks over to join the group. Tam Sam looks over and starts to laugh, the others look over and start to laugh too. The Green Grass Monk stops in his tracks, the trio look towards his feet. The Monk only then notices the piece of toilet paper attached to the bottom of his foot that he has been dragging across the bar. He kicks it off and sits down to join the trio. 'So what are we talking about?', asks the Monk. 'Internet', responds Jeong Yim & Tam Sam. 'Oh say isn't that where that guy..... oh jezz what's name? You were telling me about him Ah Yim? Ummm.. stirring up all kinds of trouble, trolling and all that stuff?' asks the Monk. Jeong Yim quickly tries to quickly change the topic, 'Oh yeh can't remember just some guy with too much time on his hands or something...?'. Chan Heung curiously inquires, 'Sorry what's this about?' Tam Sam starts nodding his head in a no fashion and winking to the Monk to keep quiet, Chan Heung looks over at Tam, who stops suddenly. 'Nothing really like Ah Yim said... just some rabble rouser nothing to do..... but how about that Zhang Zhiyi?', exclaims Tam Sam. The Monk realizing the land mine he's stepped on joins in, 'Oh yeh she's like a major hottie, girls in the village didn't look like her!' Chan Heung, 'Oh my god yeh, I'd drink her bath water!'. A better calm returns to the group as the conversation switches to a more meaningful topic! :cool:

Fu-Pow
06-07-2006, 08:53 AM
The Green Grass Monk stops in his tracks, the trio look towards his feet. The Monk only then notices the peice of toilet paper attached to the bottom of his foot that he has been dragging across the bar. :

LOL!:D :D :D

Fu-Pow
06-07-2006, 08:56 AM

Like I said, as far as I'm concerned, there is ONE main instigator here. Until he is banned then its not going to get any better. There is always another option and that is to use your ignore list feature. If enough people make use of it, then he is essentially banned...ie we do the job that the mods should be doing.

FP

hskwarrior
06-07-2006, 09:22 AM
see what i mean.

the coldest thing about the situation is that more than half of you have jeong yim in your lineages. but you all tend to lean towards chan heung.

look at fu pow, he calls me an instigator, when all i was trying to do was share jeong yim's info with you guys. but because you've never really thought about jeong yim;s history, or you don't care......but when i come and tell you about jeong yim no one wants to hear it.

most of you have never done any real research into jeong yim, but you instantly shut him down. why? doesn't jeong yim's lineage desrerve it's place in the history of choy lee fut?

No one including EJ can say what happened in jeong yim's and chan heung's time. what we do know is that clf's history needs an overhaul.

I just want to know with all of you who are half fut san hsk, and half chan family, why do you feel the hung sing kwoon's history is so bogus?

i'm not going to argue or pursuade, i just want to know why so many of you blatantly disregard half of your lineage? Especially when the chan family's account of Jeong Yim is basically wrong. I've tried to show you why they're wrong, but no one wants to listen? why?

hskwarrior
06-07-2006, 09:24 AM
oh, and what a sucker. fu pow wants me banned soooooooo bad.

why? so he can fake the funk and act like he is an authority of CLF when he looks soooooo bad??????

if he could get me banned i'm sure he would pound his chest like a gorilla, and act like he did something real big.

as long as i'm around, i'm a thorn in his side. LMAO.:D

@PLUGO
06-07-2006, 10:56 AM
people don't get other people banned. People get themselves banned.

firepalm
06-07-2006, 12:19 PM
The Monk, Chan Heung, Tam Sam & Jeung Yim are deep into meaningful conversation about Asian girls and such, when Yip Man walks into the bar. The Monk whispers over to Jeung Yim, 'You think we have problems with the Internet and flame wars!' Tam Sam calls over to Yip Man to come join them, who happily obliges. Chan Heung calls over to the bartender to bring a beer for their friend. 'I hear we might be due for a new arrival from one of your clan!' exclaims Yip Man to the group. 'Really?', says Tam Sam. 'Yeh I guess you guys have heard about this Internet thing right?', asks Yip Man. They nod in acknowledgement. 'Well one of your guys apparently gets himself so worked up in fever that apparently he's going to just keel over onto the keyboard, Cardiac Arrest or something like that?', says Yip Man and adds, 'Arrivals says it should be anytime now!' The Monk, Jeung Yim and Tam Sam all get a look of concern over their faces. Chan Heung is about to ask what the problem is when Yip Man says, 'Oh and have you guys seen this girl Zhang Zhiyi?' Nodding & responding in unison the Choy Lee Fut crew says, 'Oh yeh and the village girls sure didn't look like that in our day!' With that Tam Sam calls for the waiter for some more peanuts. :D

jon
06-07-2006, 08:51 PM
The empty bucket makes the most noise.

I dont practice Choy Lay Fut, from what i have seen it looks like a very solid combat system. If you really get bothered, you could all come and join the internal arts community. Then you not only get to argue who's teacher has a better linage but you can also accuse each other of being 'external'. If your wondering what the hell makes something 'external' I will tell you. What I do is always 'internal', ergo good, what you do is always 'external', ergo bad. You also get the joy of arguing over the exact placement of limbs in various postures, along with a healthy dose of discounting anything remotely different to what you personally practice. If that doesnt tickle your fancy, how about going along with the fantasy that anything old is automatically better?

On a more serious note nearly every skill known to man has linage wars, people argue over everything from painting art to magic tricks. People will always try to put themselves in a higher position due to there linage. Its a convenient way of not having themselves assessed though their skill in application.
My bunny from a hat skill is the real way, your bunny from a hat skill is simply a derivative. Never mind the fact the bunny is still pulled from the hat and the children still find it amazing.

Throw down your Choy Lay Fut, come join 'internal' classes there is so many superiority complexes you could be gaining.

Did I mention your all just lowly 'external' artists,

gregdread
06-07-2006, 10:21 PM
While I've only been on this forum a few months, I've learned a lot from some, a little from others, and nothing at all from a few. I authored the recent article on HSK CLF in KFM, the subtitle of which was a quote from Ziggy Marley song, "If you don't know your past, you can't know your future." I think what HSKWarrior and others have done to preserve the history of CLF is quite an accomplishment, and tbey deserve all "props" for that. That said, the idea should not be too obsessive about one's own history, or abusive to the history others. The thing about history is, it's often wrong. People forget. Pages get lost. Pictures get destoryed. Considering the martial arts have gone through a "Boxer Rebellion" and "A Culture Revolution", it's amazing if anyone has been able to hold on to any of it. :confused:

A healthy debate on history is good and people can learn from it. But when it degenerates into name calling and lineage slamming, then no one learns anything. When I titled the article, The Future of Choy Lee Fut, I didn't want to come off like HSK was the only future for the CLF style, and I truly hope no one took it that way. What I was trying to convey is how it was important to keep the linegae (who's ever) going so that the art doesn't die, but lives on in the students who practice it. I think the best way we can honor our marital arts ancestors is to practice our style diligently, and show respect for others who practice theirs. :o

Ben Gash
06-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Amen to that gregdread.
I also think that some people need to realise that this is an internet DISCUSSION forum, and that if you post something as fact then you are inviting people to make comment on it. If somebody points out that there's an inconsistency in what you've said, it is not a personal attack that warrants a torrent of abuse, it's simply what it's here for. Frankly, if you don't actually want to DISCUSS something here, then don't post it.

GeneChing
06-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Any online forum is a community. We, the mods and admins, hold the keys, but we are nothing with out all of you, the members. If you think that we mods and admins can oversee everything with some sort of iron hand 24/7 on all of these forums, you have an unrealistic view of how a forum works. At best, we can arbitrate.

Banning is a token penalty. One of the things that has been exacerbating our situation on this forum has been some persistent banned members who have figured out ways to get around being banned. It's really quite easy, and getting easier, but I won't go into those details because that would open the floodgates to the few trolls that haven't figured it out yet. You might not realize it, but I am banning and deleting dozens of accounts every working day. That being said, DS is totally right. Only you can get yourself banned and un-banned.

The real problem here is how you deal with trolls. All the forums have trolls, but recently this forum, the Southern forum, has been the worst. Why? It's because you feed the trolls. Stop feeding the trolls. If you argue with them, that's feeding them. Trolls love to argue and you're a fool if you fall into that trap. The more you argue with them, the more trolls you'll attract. This leaves us with just one administrative question: should we ban the troll feeders?

CLFNole
06-08-2006, 11:22 AM
To many that worm looks too juicy dangling from the hook. ;)

SevenStar
06-08-2006, 12:59 PM
The real problem here is how you deal with trolls. All the forums have trolls, but recently this forum, the Southern forum, has been the worst. Why? It's because you feed the trolls. Stop feeding the trolls. If you argue with them, that's feeding them. Trolls love to argue and you're a fool if you fall into that trap. The more you argue with them, the more trolls you'll attract. This leaves us with just one administrative question: should we ban the troll feeders?

Bingo. When I first started modding this forum, we had the same problem. Some trolls were banned. some left because nobody fed them. Some, who still post here to this day made up alternate names purely for the purpose of trolling - they know who they are.

the bottom line is that MA forums tend to WANT trolls. people are so ready to share their knowledge and prove themselves right that they jump at the chance to debate with someone who doesn't agree with them. We're all guilty of that, or have been at some point in time. However, as long as there is good discussion going, I don't see a huge issue with it (the discussion) - that is what these forums are about. Case in point, I'll be the first one to admit that I liked ego. He was a troll, but he sparked a lot of very good discussion as well. Long story short, if you know somebody is trolling, don't feed them. If they don't go away because other people are feeding them, then report it.

SevenStar
06-08-2006, 01:06 PM
on a similar note, I'm sure several of you remember the time when people were coming to this forum and talking about how boring it was - there was much less discussion because all of the trolls were gone. Now, nobody has that complaint, as the trolls are rampant again. Like I said, forums like this tend to like trolls moreso than they admit...

Green Cloud
06-09-2006, 05:52 AM
That's ok the trolls make it interesting, but then again who needs trolls when you got Seven Star the master of feeding the flame:D

Fu-Pow
06-09-2006, 09:55 AM
No kidding...he's like a troll with mod powers.

SevenStar
06-09-2006, 11:01 AM
dang, mma advocates are trolls now? Ah well, you guys feed me. :p

Green Cloud
06-09-2006, 11:57 PM
Just playan with ya Seven* , If you notice most of my debates have been with you and that's because you rile me up enough to keep on typing. Ayhoo I'm a kid at heart and enjoy a little snap contest from time to time.

Fu-Pow
06-10-2006, 12:02 AM
dang, mma advocates are trolls now? Ah well, you guys feed me. :p

Yeah, you're like a mutant troll moderator with super powers. ;)