PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new

I Chin Ching
06-07-2006, 03:27 AM
Hello. Does anybody do Jow Gar here? It'd be great to chat. :)

Also, it'd be great if you could show me any movies on the style. There's not too much on the net and I can't find any. Thanks

Have a nice day.

Shadow Skill
06-07-2006, 08:32 AM
welcome. sorry I don't do Jow Gar

Fu-Pow
06-07-2006, 10:13 AM
What does your name mean I Chin Ching?

I Chin Ching
06-08-2006, 02:23 AM
Have you never heard of it?

It's a 1500 year old book on Marrow washing. Bodhidharma wrote it while he was at the Shaolin Temple in Song Shan. I'm suprised, you've not heard of it. Have you heard of Bodhidharma?

golden monk
06-09-2006, 01:24 AM
chou jia - jow gar .

I think if you are near Sydney there are a number of masters that practice this style.

chasincharpchui
06-09-2006, 02:37 AM
Have you never heard of it?

It's a 1500 year old book on Marrow washing. Bodhidharma wrote it while he was at the Shaolin Temple in Song Shan. I'm suprised, you've not heard of it. Have you heard of Bodhidharma?

actually yik gan ging(cantonese) is different to say sui ging(cantonese) which is marrow washing

so which is ur nickname? I chin ching and marrow washing are two very old different books of shaolin

feel free to correct me

I Chin Ching
06-10-2006, 04:19 AM
Strange, you maybe correct, but i was told I Chin Ching was the Marrow Washing book???

Anyway, does anybody practice Jow Gar? Or know of any sites with videos, I can't seem to find any??

:)

Eddie
06-10-2006, 04:49 AM
recently participated in a jow gar spear class/workshop. they have a very weird way of holding the staff and spear close to your body (after Sa cheung), and they do a diu ma and sei ping ma in one :D , which was kinda cool.
that was my first and only close up exposure to jow ga. pretty cool stuff tho

I Chin Ching
06-10-2006, 10:00 AM
It's very interesting. I'm learning Sip Ze Moi Fa Kuen at the moment. Quite long.

So is there nobody here, who does it?

David Jamieson
06-10-2006, 02:42 PM
i chin ching (yi jin jing) = muscle tendon change classic

as shown here : http://www.martialartsmart.net/vidshaolmusc.html

xi sui jing is Bone marrow washing classic.

as shown here: http://www.martialartsmart.net/pr-gs009.html

now you know and you're welcome ~G :D

I Chin Ching
06-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Cool, thankyou for the link. I was wrong, then. Cheers.

David Jamieson
06-11-2006, 10:01 AM
No biggy, people get them mixed up all the time and there certainly are a lot of variations etc etc etc.

On another note, one of the greatest things you can get as a martial artist or a student is to find out and be shown that what you thought was right was wrong.

It gives you an opportunity to make the correction. Without opportunity to make the correction, the continuation would only compound the original error.

when someone proves you wrong, thank them! :p They have helped you to be wiser and have contributed to a more solid knowledge base that you will get to use for the rest of your life.

not that the mix up in the names was the best example, but in many other areas, many of us presuppose one thing which may or may not be correct.

dougadam
06-11-2006, 02:05 PM
I am sure everyone here has heard of Bodhidharma?

jow ga man
06-11-2006, 07:32 PM
I do Jow Ga. Visit www.jowtigers.com for more information.

mysteri
06-11-2006, 10:25 PM
hey I Chin Ching,

i study jow ga in the US, but i don't often frequent this site. u might be able to catch me at www.shaolinroundtable.com (or www.jowgaforum.com). i jus came back into town from a tournament hosted yesterday by jow ga man's sifu, Sifu Derek Johnson, the Five TIgers tournament in honor of the Jow Ga Five Tigers(5 brothers). look forward to seeing you over there!

I Chin Ching
06-13-2006, 05:07 AM
Thankyou everyone, for the links. They were a great help!