PDA

View Full Version : Video: ST00's MMA fight (for real)

MasterKiller
06-09-2006, 07:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn7OAFS3ifQ

ST00 is the bald guy.

yenhoi
06-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Neat!

:eek:

Hieronim
06-10-2006, 12:50 AM
he looks fat.

David Jamieson
06-10-2006, 06:05 AM
why do guys equate fat with inability?

tim de silva looks fat. lol but he'll kick ass on a bad day.

tank abbot looked fat too, didn't stop him from taking numbers when it was his time.

There is a difference between carrying a few extra pounds and still working out like that and "being" a fat lazy slob.

anyway...:rolleyes:

some good effort there by both dudes.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-10-2006, 09:29 AM
he looks fat.

so does your mom's but i still throw her da bone holms.

fa_jing
06-10-2006, 10:10 AM
woah. ST00, you are a very good fighter, and a man, but you shouldn't be dissing K. F. like you do. You are a huge sh!t talker. Well I haven't been reading your stuff lately but I remember your attitude from a few years ago.
Not seeing it. Not seeing why I should take your word over that of my old sifu who boxed, fought NHB, is a cook county sheriff, grew up in the projects, was a marine, and coulda whupped you. The difference is he sees the value in all arts, while agreeing that just K.F. is not gonna do it, but he isn't sitting there dissing masters and sh!t like that and saying K. F. is a way to die.

jethro
06-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Sorry, but STOO is? And being fat is good, it gives you that extra strength frmo having all that extra weight.

WinterPalm
06-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Wasn't he ragging on SifuAbel for being overweight??? Hilarity!

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-10-2006, 12:30 PM
oh st00 ... thats the same guy my buddy lost to his last fight as well.

very similar fight actually. chris spent a lot of time with the dude in his guard and it went 3 rounds. he lost by decision. he gave the dude mad props and he gave chris a shirt after the fight. its a really cool shirt but i cant remember why.

CaptinPickAxe
06-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Kudos for having posted your vid and competed....

Now, on to some issues I saw in that vid. I'm not claiming to be MMAist extrodinaire, but there seems to be some issues with your sprawl, mate. You had a few good ones at the beginning, but lacked in the end. Thats why he kept taking you down with the shoot. You have weight and should have pancaked him on that sprawl. Also, you have some severe issues with having your oponent in the guard. It seemed as soon as your back hit the mat, you were lost. You did have some nice arm bar and triangle chock attempts, but you should of kept with it. Also, you need to get in the habit of pushing yourself away from the cage when holding gaurd.

That being said, you did better than I expected. You got some power behind those punches. Merit is due where its deserved, and you deserve it for having the guff to fight and post it.

Kudos, ST00

TaiChi-IronPalm
06-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Looks to me like he spent more time on his back getting pounded than a 2 dollar hooker. He got manhandled the entire time by that guy. How did he win this fight? Or did he win? Looks like he got beat down pretty good to me. :eek:

ShaolinTiger00
06-10-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty dissapointed in the fight (after all it was a loss.)

Later the guy told me that he saw me warm up and he knew he wanted no part of stand up with me.

Mark was a state wrestling champion and a divIII national champion. no suprise that he has great takedown skill huh?

I broke my plan. I wanted to stay conservative and mobile and keep the fight on our feet, but I saw those low hands and I could'nt help myself I wanted the KO! which gave him exactly the forward pressure he wanted to set up the shot.

On the ground I was working for a few things and I thought I had the armbar but you know how that goes..

at the start of the second rd, I rocked him but he hung on and got the takedown and got it together.

3round more of the asme but he went for the can opener and he had me stacked well and I couldn;t get my hips up.. I started to go out and tapped.

You learn alot from losses and I'll be back with fights this summer and fall.

I took the fight on short notice and lost 30lbs in 60 days to fight 205. I was in the process of lifting and losing weight slowly as I wanted to get down to 185 this fall but the opporitunity came and my conditioning was great. (I was actually suprised how good I felt between rounds..)

I may be fat but I can hang... ;-) see you in the fall @ 185.

Also, you have some severe issues with having your oponent in the guard. It seemed as soon as your back hit the mat, you were lost.

You're kidding right? I recieved compliments from about 5 different bjj black belts for how composed and relaxed I was. I was continually attacking had at least 4 decent submission attempts and pretty much neutralized his ground and pound until the end. LMAO @ "lost"..

It's ironic that on mma and bjj forums I get respect and compliments, but on a tcma forum (where so precious few have the balls to actually test their skill vs. a guy this) I get lambasted.. that's funny.

Please stop by the gym any day guys and show me how it's really done.

jethro
06-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Much respect for posting that. i can't believe how barbaric it seems, but it is my kin dof thing, I watch that s**t all the time I have to admit.

PS-
take a shower afterwards;)

Asia
06-10-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm pretty dissapointed in the fight (after all it was a loss.)
I took the fight on short notice and lost 30lbs in 60 days to fight 205. I was in the process of lifting and losing weight slowly as I wanted to get down to 185 this fall but the opporitunity came and my conditioning was great. (I was actually suprised how good I felt between rounds..)

I HATE cutting weight. My normal fight weight is 220~225. Someone asked if I would fight at 205 and I said no. I did cut 15lbs becuase I had a fight with Sean Liddel but the event got canceled. I don't want to do that again.

I might be going to fight in Greece in August but it will be at 220.

yenhoi
06-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Its very rare to see someone with an offensive guard. 'Specially at this level.

The sprawls at the beggining looked ok, the later sprawls looked late, but he seemed to have a good shoot (which means timing mainly.)

What kind of beer do you drink st00?

:eek:

Merryprankster
06-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Considering how heavy ST00 was for a long time, I expect he will always wind up looking fat regardless of what he comes in at, short of surgery.

No offense ST00! :P

His guard was fine, very offensive, and not in a sloppy I'll try anything way. The other dude was the better man that day.

BTW fa_jing, ST00 doesn't hate on CMA. He gets ****ed at:

1. Guys who think that CMA is unique and special, beyond the culture and history.

2. Guys that don't train with frequent controlled violence (AKA full speed sparring), and still ramble on about how they can fight.

3. Guys that run their mouths about how great they and their style are, but won't back it up.

I think you'll find that he really doesn't care what your background is; as long as people don't fall into one of the above categories, it's cool.

I could be wrong about this, and he might just flat out think CMA sucks. But I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Now, I have to say this, and it's going to **** some people off, but this often comes across as hate for CMA because SO MANY CMA types fit one or multiple of the above categories.

I know there are a lot of people who DON'T fit that category, but so many of them do - it's something the CMA guys on here have lamented over and over again.

Of course, BJJ is full of beefed up punks who've trained for 4 months and think they can take on the world... (It's fun sometimes, to throw on the gloves and watch the understanding seep in as you keep stuffing the takedown attempt and they realize that BJJ is useless if you can't get the opponent to the mat...oh yeah....that takedown thing!)

We've all got our crosses to bear :D

ShaolinTiger00
06-10-2006, 04:49 PM
When he shoots in the 3rd round I get him in a thai clinch because I'm ready to send his head into orbit and then I remember that we were not allowed to knee or kick the head in Ohio amateur rules so I catch myself and kinda sputter because I had to think of where to go.. and he keeps the drive on and gets the takedown..

205 is really too big for me and I knew that coming in that 185 is a much better weight but I took the fight because I wanted the experience prior to my pro fight this fall. My conditioning was great and I'm actually 5lbs lighter today than I was in that fight.

and I'll be the first to give Mark credit, the guy is a takedown beast (GDA's buddy Chris G. who is a tough kid himself can confirm this.) and he trains a very simple effective style for wrestlers. - good conditioning, excellent takedowns, good G&P and avoid submissions. I thought I had him a few times but he followed his plan and won. all the credit to him.

Merryprankster
06-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Bill,

When I see you again, I've got some bottom game recommendations.

There are some key things from the guard that I think could have really changed the fight for you.

BTW, you look a lot lighter!

Pork Chop
06-10-2006, 06:52 PM
I still say GREAT JOB and I thought you did well.
Anybody who steps up and fights has guts.
Anybody who comes out for the second round is a fighter.
Somebody who goes almost the full 3 rounds, spends the majority of the time on the bottom, and STILL continually goes for the W is a fighter with heart.

According to my gf we could pass for brothers, tho i think she's just being nice to me coz i'm a bit bigger; still both big, bald, n pastey. hehe

The loose skin thing CAN fix itself. It's not necessarily as bad as a gastric bypass patient's need for reconstructive surgery; but I think you need to give it time, take vitamins, use cocoa butter, and GET SOME SUN. :p

Just wanted to say thanks to Dave/Kung Lek for stickin up for us big guys.

ShaolinTiger00
06-10-2006, 08:21 PM
wow. thanks man, I'm humbled.

I'm not worried about the gut as a guy several of us know (Khun Kao) has a similar build to me and went from about 235 to about 180 and it was the same for him loose at first but everything tightens up. Conditioning is much more important to me and I was very glad to see that that part of my training paid off. (A special thanks to San Shou master Josh Bartholomew, who helped me set a foundation plan.)

I'm Scotch-Irish! I don't tan. I burn, freckle and then burn some more. In all actually this is the tannest I've been in a few years. I've been doing farm work outside trying to get some sun. Mark is Italian, it's not fair, it just made me look whiter!!:D

Oso
06-10-2006, 09:23 PM
congrats, good luck in your pro fight.

Pork Chop
06-10-2006, 09:59 PM
wow. thanks man, I'm humbled.

I'm Scotch-Irish! I don't tan. I burn, freckle and then burn some more. In all actually this is the tannest I've been in a few years. I've been doing farm work outside trying to get some sun. Mark is Italian, it's not fair, it just made me look whiter!!:D

My fiance's a fillipina, I'm German-Irish, every picture we take looks like she's hanging with a fat cancer patient.

I have the same issues with the sun burns & freckles- however, I can build up a reasonable tan if i just get a little bit of sun, regularly for a few months.

About the weight- for muay thai in texas 190 and up is heavyweight, amateur boxing i think is 198. I'm just gonna focus on getting my conditioning back and making sure i get enough veggies and protein. Not going to put so much priority on dropping weight anymore; think there's too much focus on height/weight in boxin & kickboxing these days.

Of course, maybe I just been watchin too much dempsey footage lately. The guy was like 187 and busting up 6'7 260 pounders. Yeah, he was 6'1 and i"m lucky if i'm 5'11, but it was his technique & intensity not his height & weight. Couple guys at my gym are reasonably good heavyweights for the area and I don't feel at a huge disadvantage holding pads for 'em.

Let you know how it goes. You let me know how yer future fights go. :)

SevenStar
06-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Kudos for having posted your vid and competed....

Now, on to some issues I saw in that vid. I'm not claiming to be MMAist extrodinaire, but there seems to be some issues with your sprawl, mate. You had a few good ones at the beginning, but lacked in the end. Thats why he kept taking you down with the shoot. You have weight and should have pancaked him on that sprawl. Also, you have some severe issues with having your oponent in the guard. It seemed as soon as your back hit the mat, you were lost. You did have some nice arm bar and triangle chock attempts, but you should of kept with it. Also, you need to get in the habit of pushing yourself away from the cage when holding gaurd.

That being said, you did better than I expected. You got some power behind those punches. Merit is due where its deserved, and you deserve it for having the guff to fight and post it.

Kudos, ST00

Nah, he looked good on the ground. He always made the space he needed and achieved getting the guy in his guard. his defense against the strikes from there and general movement was good as well.

SevenStar
06-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Looks to me like he spent more time on his back getting pounded than a 2 dollar hooker. He got manhandled the entire time by that guy. How did he win this fight? Or did he win? Looks like he got beat down pretty good to me. :eek:

I'm sorry, I missed the post where we see you fighting...

MasterKiller
06-11-2006, 08:53 AM

If you are Scotch-Irish, what's with all the Puerto Rican posturing?

shuaichiao
06-11-2006, 09:04 AM
I have the same issues with the sun burns & freckles- however, I can build up a reasonable tan if i just get a little bit of sun, regularly for a few months.

I can do pretty much the same so where I live that gives me a tan for the last week in august, then it's time to break out the sweatshirts again.:D

CaptinPickAxe
06-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Being relaxed and knowing what to do are two totally different things. I meant no ill in what I said. If you wanted to stay on your feet then, you totally re-enforced my point. You couldn't get back up. I saw several attempts that were failed. Yes, you looked lost. You couldn't figure out the riddle to get back on your feet/do any effective striking or submission on your opponent. Unless it was in your game plan to take his strikes and try and wear him out. If thats the case then you need to start thinking about time cause you spent the whole fight on your back taking blows to the head.

Green Cloud
06-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Nice fight ST, you looked very controled and you stuck to your ground game, I think you would be a force to recon with if you cut weight and fought at 185.

CaptinPickAxe
06-11-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm not being an ******* and again, kudos man. It takes balls to fight let alone post it for critique. I'm not trying to take anything away from your fight or training. I'm just arguing for the sake of argument. I would have some apprehension stepping in the ring with you as I'm pushing 175 now days.

Don't think I'm just bashing you man. I'm just trying to point out somethings you can work on so next time your training you can make your technique air tight.

Peace man....You did good.

hung-le
06-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I’m not sure ST00 qualifies as a CMA basher…………………with a name like ShaolinTiger he could be a dude into CMA and a guy who fights in MMA…(something I would do if I didn’t have other endeavors…)

All know who have read my posts that I have been very vocal about MMA art guys coming to this news group and bashing on the CMA... I often question the motives of such people who advertise their MMA skills on a CMA site like this…

However......that said.............When a guy puts his "bread and butter" out there for all to view...one does not slag the product due to the fact that it takes "grit"...to put your skills out there for all to see

Also, I don't have any experience in MMA to be saying ****!, (I think few here do……. let alone have enough skills harping on a guy's weight... Come on ……. The dude fights in MMA events…… he puts his money where his mouth is…..

Few here can say they do the same………..certainly not me….

Green Cloud
06-12-2006, 10:49 AM
ST IS A CMA GUY WHO NOW FIGHTS IN MMA that said I agree with Hung Le

jethro
06-12-2006, 10:52 AM
at least you don't come on here and tell us how gay all these guys are anymore. I highly appreciate that.

fa_jing
06-12-2006, 11:06 AM
yup, I have to say that ST00 puts up and he is currently king of the hill here if he wants to be (based on the fact that he is willing to throw down) until someone here bests him (not that all would want to). That automatically makes him more formidable than any sifu that refuses to fight in any NHB capacity (not necessarily against him).

I just woke up irritated that day and am alot more worried about preserving CMA than MMA. MMA's not going anywhere, that's obvious. Modernizing CMA is one way to save it, of course.

Great fight, ST00. I could see him eating your punch on the way in a couple times. As an armchair quarterback, I think it's great that you are sticking him but maying you are already back on your heels, the arm needs to be "stiffer" to maintain the distance between you, and/or you need to evade as well. Definitely alot of fight in the dawg.

Ray Pina
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Well, you could have had him at the end there if you were allowed to knee the head.

My constructive thought is, how is it that a little guy seemed to over power you? I would work on making your movements heavier and denser. I'd work on coordinating your movements so your whole body is behind them.

But great effort, and he never "got" you. And like I said, in a real fight, you had his head there at the end. That's the one thing I don't understand.... why they don't let you capitalize on that mistake. It's a big risk grabbing the big leg with the little arm and leaving the head exposed. Unfortunately a whole generation is being brought up with this as basic practice.

ShaolinTiger00
06-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys.

fajing, yeah man I did several things wrong and I've been thru this fight and picked myself apart several times. ( I guess that's one of the many benefits about fighting in public is that you can have videotape to review and critique)

Knowing what I know today I'd fight a completely different fight. More conservative and patient striking with deeper sprawls. Believe it or not the ground game is probably my worst area! But when I went forward in a straight line nice and tall I set myself up for a perfect shot from an excellent wrestler (his bread and butter movement) Normally I'm the guy that never goes off his feet. unless I want to land in the dominant position to end it, and I think that's because I spar with guys who are great strikers (2 pro boxers and an exceptional amateur) and I'm always more patient for fear of getting KTFO.

Right now we've got a kid in for the summer who is a wrestler for Nebraska. When we train MMA he rarely takes me down and certainly never this cleanly and after watching the fight he asked me what was so special that this guy did to me. I explained that it was more about what I did wrong than what he had to do right.

Hope you strikers can learn from my mistake. It's one I know thru and thru - (to be a sucessful striker you've got to be a good wrestler.) but my heart overrode my gamplan and I broke form and paid for it.

plan the work, and work the plan you big dummy! :D

ShaolinTiger00
06-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Well, you could have had him at the end there if you were allowed to knee the head.

My constructive thought is, how is it that a little guy seemed to over power you? I would work on making your movements heavier and denser. I'd work on coordinating your movements so your whole body is behind them.

But great effort, and he never "got" you. And like I said, in a real fight, you had his head there at the end. That's the one thing I don't understand.... why they don't let you capitalize on that mistake. It's a big risk grabbing the big leg with the little arm and leaving the head exposed. Unfortunately a whole generation is being brought up with this as basic practice.

Hey Ray don't get me started on why amateur mma rules suck man..

At least with the Ohio Athletic Commision rules you don't have to wear those stupid shinguards and you're allowed to hit in the head on the ground.. (USKBA rules B L O W )

next fight is pro. *sharpens elbows & knees*

MasterKiller
06-12-2006, 01:11 PM
I’m not sure ST00 qualifies as a CMA basher…………………with a name like ShaolinTiger he could be a dude into CMA and a guy who fights in MMA…(something I would do if I didn’t have other endeavors…).

Well, he did say he wanted to best up SifuAbel to prove that traditional techniques were worthless....

PangQuan
06-12-2006, 02:05 PM
so since traditional techniqes are worthless, i want the tma bashers to stop punching and kicking...

see how well you fight without those :rolleyes:

SevenStar
06-12-2006, 02:19 PM
ST IS A CMA GUY WHO NOW FIGHTS IN MMA that said I agree with Hung Le

here we go again... so because he's wrestled, boxed and trained cma, he's a cma guy who competes in mma?

SevenStar
06-12-2006, 02:29 PM

The "overpowering" mostly happened on the ground, if I remember right. On the ground, with proper mechanics, you can make 150 pounds feel like a ton.

It's a big risk grabbing the big leg with the little arm and leaving the head exposed. Unfortunately a whole generation is being brought up with this as basic practice.

ideally, the head isn't exposed. when the shot is done correctly, the head is in deep - past the body. It is not available to be hit. As with any technique, it can be countered, which is what the sprawl is great for.

SevenStar
06-12-2006, 02:44 PM
All know who have read my posts that I have been very vocal about MMA art guys coming to this news group and bashing on the CMA... I often question the motives of such people who advertise their MMA skills on a CMA site like this…

lol @ the thought of a motive behind being here. I am an mma guy who mods two forums here - what is my ultimate agenda? to convert the whole forum to mma? Actually, there are several cma guys (myself and ST00 included) who either started cross training or abandoned cma altogether, so maybe that IS my agenda...:cool:

However......that said.............When a guy puts his "bread and butter" out there for all to view...one does not slag the product due to the fact that it takes "grit"...to put your skills out there for all to see

agreed.

Also, I don't have any experience in MMA to be saying ****!, (I think few here do……. let alone have enough skills harping on a guy's weight... Come on ……. The dude fights in MMA events…… he puts his money where his mouth is…..

Few here can say they do the same………..certainly not me….

once again, agreed. It's easy to drive from the backseat.

hung-le
06-12-2006, 02:44 PM
at least you don't come on here and tell us how gay all these guys are anymore. I highly appreciate that.

Thanks jethro I appreciate that.... believe it when I say it, I never had a problem with MMA nor the people who do it. In fact I think it’s a great venue to hone your fighting skills…

My problem was with somebody...anybody...representing something other than the specific theme of the news group...it could have been ....Nascar, Football, bowling etc.... coming to a news group "beyond multiple times" to denounce the people who frequent the particular news group...

At the time I was wondering “what the hell! What was a post about the UFC doing on a CMA site? That was my issue...which initiated my admitted “trollish behavior”

Not MMA...or the people who do MMA.. heck, I don't do MMA… I love to watch it…great sport…. highly technical stuff…...and I only do a little CMA even now...

Now for a little honesty...

The reason I’m big on “not” coming to a site if all you are going to do is talk trash about it, or pick a fight, is because I used to do that on sites focused on sword fighting/heavy weapons… One day… I thought…. “What the hell am I doing?” “What am I proving? Because “X” group doesn’t practice with full contact or “Y” group only meets once every couple of months or “Z” group only fight with escirma sticks etc…. I knew I fought in a Mecca of heavy weapons fighting, I knew if a guy was any good I’d probably have heard of him and vise a versa…(or the guys I practice with would have….) so if I called a guy out, it was no big deal…hell, I get my azz kicked just about every week…..what was one more?….. And…. what were the odds of someone on those sites that I frequented knowing what I do?…(very slim I believed)

Did that make it right for me to go slag their organizations? To go to their sites and lay down my perceived truth…and if someone didn’t like it call them out? (…knowing that if they didn’t train with armor in a full contact format, just holding up a shield for more than a few minutes was going to be a major hurdle….let alone fight…) how tuff was that? I was a punk!

What was the point?….I couldn’t see one and after I started to think about it…..the only thing I could figure out was…. I was getting my jollies off being the “el primo macho stud” , I loved being an ego/attention *****…. I dug being the overlord over those pathetic wimps who IMO only could sword dance…

Then it hit me…who was the troll? Who was the real pathetic moron? …. Who was getting their ego stroked by typing on the ****’in computer…me… all me …..

Sad piece of **** I’d become…..

SevenStar
06-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks jethro I appreciate that.... believe it when I say it, I never had a problem with MMA nor the people who do it. In fact I think it’s a great venue to hone your fighting skills…

My problem was with somebody...anybody...representing something other than the specific theme of the news group...it could have been ....Nascar, Football, bowling etc.... coming to a news group "beyond multiple times" to denounce the people who frequent the particular news group...

At the time I was wondering “what the hell! What was a post about the UFC doing on a CMA site? That was my issue...which initiated my admitted “trollish behavior”

Not MMA...or the people who do MMA.. heck, I don't do MMA… I love to watch it…great sport…. highly technical stuff…...and I only do a little CMA even now...

Now for a little honesty...

The reason I’m big on “not” coming to a site if all you are going to do is talk trash about it, or pick a fight, is because I used to do that on sites focused on sword fighting/heavy weapons… One day… I thought…. “What the hell am I doing?” “What am I proving? Because “X” group doesn’t practice with full contact or “Y” group only meets once every couple of months or “Z” group only fight with escirma sticks etc…. I knew I fought in a Mecca of heavy weapons fighting, I knew if a guy was any good I’d probably have heard of him and vise a versa…(or the guys I practice with would have….) so if I called a guy out, it was no big deal…hell, I get my azz kicked just about every week…..what was one more?….. And…. what were the odds of someone on those sites that I frequented knowing what I do?…(very slim I believed)

Did that make it right for me to go slag their organizations? To go to their sites and lay down my perceived truth…and if someone didn’t like it call them out? (…knowing that if they didn’t train with armor in a full contact format, just holding up a shield for more than a few minutes was going to be a major hurdle….let alone fight…) how tuff was that? I was a punk!

What was the point?….I couldn’t see one and after I started to think about it…..the only thing I could figure out was…. I was getting my jollies off being the “el primo macho stud” , I loved being an ego/attention *****…. I dug being the overlord over those pathetic wimps who IMO only could sword dance…

Then it hit me…who was the troll? Who was the real pathetic moron? …. Who was getting their ego stroked by typing on the ****’in computer…me… all me …..

Sad piece of **** I’d become…..

wow... I've never heard anyone say anything so honest about themselves on a forum like that. seriously. Good post, man.

Green Cloud
06-12-2006, 03:00 PM
here we go again... so because he's wrestled, boxed and trained cma, he's a cma guy who competes in mma?

OH shut up:p Sevev Star I try to give a guy a compliment and you got to say something.

As far as what he's done I was just pointing out that he is a former kung fu guy of 9 years that now does MMA.

Anyway you said the same thing about kung Lei, when I pointed ot that he's a CMA you gave credit to his Wrestling backround witch he didn't use at all.

Nice try:D

David Jamieson
06-12-2006, 03:04 PM
7's a cma hay ta!

hay ta!

:p

Merryprankster
06-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Anyway you said the same thing about kung Lei, when I pointed ot that he's a CMA you gave credit to his Wrestling backround witch he didn't use at all.

???

If you think his wrestling credentials (which are excellent) don't inform his fighting...

Wow. Just Wow.

Green Cloud
06-12-2006, 06:43 PM
MP please don't bait me into another one of these discussions, I'm just talking about symantics nothing else. Any way this thread is about ST performance not CMA VRS. MMA.

Water Dragon
06-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Good fight, Bro. The only critique I have is that you when you had him in guard, you spent a lot of time on your back instead of on your hips.

And before I forget: Dayum Bro, you make MP look purty you ugly Bastige.

Pork Chop
06-12-2006, 08:50 PM
And before I forget: Dayum Bro, you make MP look purty you ugly Bastige.

You will not talk about my twin brother like that!
Beware for you have now incurred my wrath and the fury.
Your puny little town of San Antonio will now be consumed by temperatures exceeding 100 degrees F. :p

O wait... MP *IS* purty...

Water Dragon
06-12-2006, 08:57 PM
lol. When you gonna come visit Bro? I got a couple guys under me right now. I'm not really qualified to teach, but I can beat them up pretty easy so I figure why not?

lkfmdc
06-12-2006, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=ShaolinTiger00]

USKBA rules B L O W

[QUOTE]

Hey, guess what? If you don't like them, you don't have to compete under them. Is there a point to constantly *****ing about them on here? No one is going to make you compete under them :rolleyes:

ShaolinTiger00
06-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey guess what? I've got an opinion and if I feel like expressing it I will. I only bring them up when I'm talking to Ray about them. It's a public forum. God knows you've said things on here (or there) that people don't agree with..

Pork Chop
06-13-2006, 01:21 PM
lol. When you gonna come visit Bro? I got a couple guys under me right now. I'm not really qualified to teach, but I can beat them up pretty easy so I figure why not?

All I can say is "soon"... I can not betray my whereabouts or my intentions because there are ninjas luking... deadly martian ninjas and they will numchuck my azz...

Nah, I really don't know. My birfday is the 19th, but this saturday is a fillipino festival that i wanna take my woman to.

Maybe the following weekend, gotta see what else is goin on.
I really wanna show my girl San Antonio, Austin, and maybe even Lubbock.
I'll let yah know.

Ray Pina
06-13-2006, 01:38 PM
ideally, the head isn't exposed. when the shot is done correctly, the head is in deep - past the body. It is not available to be hit. As with any technique, it can be countered, which is what the sprawl is great for.

Before your head can get in deep, it has to go past the range of a fist, forearm and elbow. And if your arms are grabbing a leg, the head is completely open.

Now, I understand that strikes can miss. And if the shoot is good and the striker is caught unaware, it will be succesful.

But generally, especially in fighting, I don't like 50/50 odds.

Ray Pina
06-13-2006, 01:40 PM
If you are Scotch-Irish, what's with all the Puerto Rican posturing?

That's a Cuban flag .... revolutionary red

SevenStar
06-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Before your head can get in deep, it has to go past the range of a fist, forearm and elbow. And if your arms are grabbing a leg, the head is completely open.

Now, I understand that strikes can miss. And if the shoot is good and the striker is caught unaware, it will be succesful.

nah, it's in the setup, man like anything else. I'm not gonna shoot in while you are ready to retaliate. i will follow one of your kicks back in, duck under a punch, etc. I will let you make it easy for me to pass the fist, forearm and elbow. you really can't deny the effectiveness of it - it's probably the most successfully used takedown in wrestling and mma. IMO, 50/50 odds are something you learn to deal with. Nothing is 100%...

fa_jing
06-13-2006, 03:30 PM

He did hit him on the way in, fairly well, it just wasn't enough. It's like when I'm driving on the highway, I have my plan, my direction, but I like to have a backup plan too where I can jump into another lane or spot in case someone tries to do something crazy or the wheel pops off or whatever. I think it has to be two things, cause the guy is going to adjust. Or like Monkeyslap taught us in his seminar, you need to affect two different planes in order to throw someone. Just one and they can stumble out of it.

SevenStar
06-13-2006, 03:51 PM
speaking of monkeyslap, where is he??

Merryprankster
06-13-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm just talking about symantics nothing else.

1. Semantics are the soul of argumentation and meaning. Without establishing what it is we are actually talking about (not you/me, but in general) argumentation serves no purpose since definitions wouldn't be clearly understood.

2. Ah good! If it's all semantics, then there is no point in using style as anything other than shorthand for a preferred approach to fighting. We're all doing exactly the same things, when comparing apples to apples. I've been vigorously arguing this for quite some time now.

BlueTravesty
06-13-2006, 05:18 PM
style vs. training methods... hey is that square 1 I see right in front?

Green Cloud
06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey MP I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I agree.

TaiChi-IronPalm
06-13-2006, 08:55 PM
nah, it's in the setup, man like anything else. I'm not gonna shoot in while you are ready to retaliate. i will follow one of your kicks back in, duck under a punch, etc. I will let you make it easy for me to pass the fist, forearm and elbow. you really can't deny the effectiveness of it - it's probably the most successfully used takedown in wrestling and mma. IMO, 50/50 odds are something you learn to deal with. Nothing is 100%...

Looks like you are both right...

TaiChi-IronPalm
06-14-2006, 12:09 AM
St00 sorry to misjudge you but you know how this TMA MMA thing can get. btw I thought you looked better the second time I watched it. Sometimes the ground game is very subtle. A good joint lock is a good joint lock standing or on the mat. Personally I think my full contact fighting days are behind me, partly from age and polynuropathy, but mainly cause my wife would divorce me if i did...heck she even hates it when I compete in light contact sparring :o

hung-le
06-14-2006, 09:46 AM
wow... I've never heard anyone say anything so honest about themselves on a forum like that. seriously. Good post, man.

Thanks SevenStar…

Martial arts for me have always been about honesty. If one is serious about the endeavors they pursue (be it martial or whatever….) without honesty ( imo), one can’t achieve all that one is capable of.

Especially in a martial art…there is quality about them that in order to excel you have to sacrifice a part of yourself in a spiritual, mental and physical aspect. With so much freely given………. without being honest to others and even more importantly, being honest to yourself…one sells the possible dividends short…. It funny how we all know these things but don't pratice them...I'm trying to now along with humilty..

Last night I was at a fight pratice and I didn't have it..too tired..not up for it etc..got spanked (or what I'd call spanked......) all me...no excuses

I just can’t see coping excuses about myself “now” or when I’m to old to hold my own pud when I have to go pee…..

know what I mean?

ShaolinTiger00
06-14-2006, 09:49 AM
St00 sorry to misjudge you but you know how this TMA MMA thing can get. btw I thought you looked better the second time I watched it. Sometimes the ground game is very subtle. A good joint lock is a good joint lock standing or on the mat. Personally I think my full contact fighting days are behind me, partly from age and polynuropathy, but mainly cause my wife would divorce me if i did...heck she even hates it when I compete in light contact sparring :o

Thanks. I appreciate that.