PDA

View Full Version : Chang Shan(aka chen shan)

jethro
06-10-2006, 05:22 PM
This thread is going to be dedicated to chang shan. He has like my top 5 scenes in any kung fu movie. He is so incredible and versatiel at WHATEVER style he does that I am hoping to spark some interest to find oout as much info on this man. You proabably know him from shaolin vs. lama, but shaolin temple strikes back i thought was just as good. So I will be sure to list ALL of the movies that I have personally seen him in. Sadly, it is only like 8 movies so any infof woould be greatly appreciated. Otherwise this will become jethro's blog on the greatest kung fu star of all-time:p I don't mind.

jethro
06-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Kungfucinema.com has some movies listed under his name that I can't find ANYWHERE and hopefully I can find a loner out there who has seen one of these.

Flag of Honor

Kung Fu Wonderchild

The Story of Dr. Yat Sen

The Barren Virgin

Killing in the Nude

Wild Panther

Kickboxer-Is this movie really good, the one with yuen biao? i would like to see it just casue it is the only one on this list that I think I may be able to track down.

So again, hopefully somebody knows where I can find a copy of at least one of these.

jethro
06-11-2006, 02:34 PM
These are the movies I have seen him in:
SHAOLIN VS LAMA-villian
SHAOLIN TEMPLE STRIKES BACK(SHAOLIN KUNG FU)-villian
SEVEN STEPS OF KUNG FU-final fight baddie
NINJA HUNTER-guy at the start of the movie who fights with jack long and tells him to quit pussifooting around
FIVE FIGHTERS FROM SHAOLIN-I do not know of a bad movie this guy is in. He has no freaking mustache in this one and kind of has a wong fei-hong look going. Just like ALL his other movies, he shows his incredible versatility.

He is also in Fistful of Talons but I still can't freaking find him in there. I watched that entire braid cutting scene again and didn't see him Jimbo, but then again, I didn't spot pai ying. Indulge me a bit more about Cooks and Kung Fu too.

Here are the ones I have not seen but certainly will one day.

Ma Lu Xiao Ying Xiong-if ANYBODY knows of this one, please let me know.

OF COOKS AND KUNG FU-only reason I have not seen this is cause it is the ONLY other movie I know that he is in and can readily find:(

That's it, that's my list. My hope is that someone can name at least one movie that I have not seen with him in it, it would really make my day.

I mean my 2nd favorite star is Hwang Jang Lee and I couold probably name 100 movies he has been in, seriously, I know have like 3 bit parts from him before silver fox:eek: , it really makes me mad.

jethro
06-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Shaolin vs. lama

guy with braid and mustache with the f'ed up teeth. Rap fans will certainly regognize at least 3 lines from this clip.
http://shaolinchamber.com/video_files/ShaolinVsLama_vidclip_05.wmv

They changed him to bald for this clip, guy with mustache. http://shaolinchamber.com/video_files/ShaolinVsLama_vidclip_06.wmv

White Brow
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_frntBo9EcQkBkj0CP88F;_ylu=X3oDMTBkcTlrMWY xBHBvcwM4MwRzZWMDc3I-/SIG=19qfd5504/EXP=1150310509/**http%3a//video.yahoo.com/video/play%3fp=shaolin%2btemple%2bstrikes%2bback%26ei=UT F-8%26b=82%26oid=7fdfc0e9064bee86%26rurl=www.socom3. com%26vdone=http%253A%252F%252Fvideo.yahoo.com%252 Fvideo%252Fsearch%253Fp%253Dshaolin%252Btemple%252 Bstrikes%252Bback%2526ei%253DUTF-8%2526b%253D81%26vback=Results

Here is one that you will see before me. It is from Wld Panther and I can't figure out how to watch it. BTW-IF ANYONE HASS THIS OR KNOWS WHERE I CAN FIND IT, PLEASE POST IT OR PM ME!
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_frpLCY9EIhAB5gECP88F;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHZkMjZ yBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=185f7rtjj/EXP=1150311115/**http%3a//video.yahoo.com/video/play%3fei=UTF-8%26p=wild%2bpanther%26b=0%26oid=de6db37b3c2d543c% 26rurl=www.neo-modus.com%26vdone=http%253A%252F%252Fvideo.yahoo.c om%252Fvideo%252Fsearch%253Fei%253DUTF-8%2526p%253Dwild%252Bpanther%26vback=Results

Eagle Han, Don Wong, and chen shan, tell me if that was any good.

@PLUGO
06-13-2006, 12:29 PM
glad to see you're having fun.

:rolleyes: ;)

jethro
06-13-2006, 12:37 PM
call me the juna of kung fu movies, just trying to spread the knowledge:p

Jimbo
06-14-2006, 10:37 AM
In Fistful of Talons, Chang Shan is one of the two guys who fights Pai Ying on a riverbank using large weapons. Pai Ying is the old anti-Manchu guy who teaches Billy Chong "kung-fu toughness" near the big Buddha statue later in the film. Chang Shan's part in this film is very small.

As far as Ma Lu Xiao Ying Xiong, I don't think it will be easy to find unless it's given an English title and re-released in the States. I don't even know if it was given an English title in Taiwan. It starred a young female star, and Yuen Hsiang-Yan(sp?) the brother of Yuen Woo-Ping. The main villain was Ti Wei (**** Wei, who was a villain in a lot of '80s kung fu and action movies). Chang shan had a very tiny part as an extra in this film, I think he was wearing camos. It's a typical dumb movie, but it was very clever; the good guys used a lot of weird mechanical devices to trap the villains and fight them at the end.

jethro
06-15-2006, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=jethro] Indulge me a bit more about Cooks and Kung Fu too.

[QUOTE]

Thank you for your input jimbo. You probably did not see this in my most recent ramblings so I quoted myself:p

i can certainly recommend Five Fighters and Ninja Hunter to ANY of his fans. Any less than what those movies gave of him will leave me dissapointed. I would put those as the lesser 2. But seriously, ANY movies that he is in I would like to knwo about.

So what does he do in Cooks and Kung fu? how many fights does he have? is he a Hero? Is he the villian? Is he a henchmen? Does he pull out any spedcial styles? How did his legs look? Does he have any good fights? What does he look like, standard braid and mustache? Who does he fight? Is he that kid's teacher on the cover?...:p

Also-is ti wei **** wei. Also, I think he has a brother, what is his name?

lol

I think I answered my own question with his name being a a vital male organ. But does he have a brother?

Jimbo
06-16-2006, 05:11 PM
I don't know if Ti Wei (D!ck Wei) has a brother or not. He is no relation to Ti Lung. He is also the main fighting villain in Yes, Madam against Rothrock and Michelle Yeoh, and appears in Prodigal Son as one of the villain's two bodyguards (the kicker).

Of Cooks and Kung Fu is okay as a kung fu movie, but it's very dumb. Chang Shan is the villain. I saw it once. I think the story is about two cooks were competing to become the chef for the emperor (empress?) of China, and the hero's master was chosen, so Chang Shan's character is PO'd. He only has a couple of fights in the movie. At the end of the film he has white hair and a long pig-tail, typical Manchu villain (if I remember right). He didn't really use many kicks at all in this one; he used mostly hands.

jethro
06-16-2006, 05:53 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!1 WHOA got a littel carried away there

So deek I thnk is the guy with the mohwak is prodigal son. Good ccall. I am not gonna name the other 100 movies he has been in. But yeah, he is usaully a villian. Usually beign just a wee bit of an understatement.

COOKS AND KUNG FU

You are seriously the man. I will probaably save that movie for like 10 years down teh road. knowign myself that he has so few films that are known(check imdb.com, not looking to good:( ).I will be able to live my life happily knowign there is at least one moer of his movies out there:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
And hey, maybe I will even eb able to find a movie where he doestn't fuchign die:p

And wait, he is the vilian in Cooks?:p No way.

jethro
08-12-2006, 12:17 PM
I had to go out and get Cooks. Chen Shan is in it all right. I started cursing your name about half way through, but then he takes off the hat and I recognized him right away. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! I think you may have found his first ever performance, or at least one of the first. You can tell becuase the action wasn't centered around him. It must have been after this that people were talking and wanted to know who this newcomer from Cooks and Kung Fu was.

Know of any more movies he is in?:o

Jimbo
08-31-2006, 02:10 PM
I don't know any more movies he was in other than ones I've listed. IMO, he was not in enough movies...too bad; he came along at the tail end of the old-school kung fu movie era. Otherwise, I'm sure he would have been in a lot more films. You know a villain rocks when he completely upstages the hero in movies on a regular basis (also the same with Hwang Jang Lee, Wang Lung-wei, Ren Shi-kuan, etc.).

jethro
08-31-2006, 10:50 PM
wELL, LET ME KNWO IF THERE IS ANY MORE THAT YOU CAN THINK OF THAT IS READILY AVAILABLE FOR ME TO GET.

And Lo Rei puts on his performance ever is sholin lama, but I know what you mean, I didn't even notice him because of shan.

jethro
10-28-2006, 03:19 PM
I FOUND ANOTHER ONE!!!!

The villian and hero from Shaolin vs. Lama team up in Ninja in the USA. It is a great movie but is Shan's weakest performance that I have seen from him. But just to add to that, I am yet to see a weak performance from Chang Shan.