PDA

View Full Version : Alan Orr in LA Sunday 18th for training

Alan Orr
06-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Hi Guys

My name is Alan Orr from the UK. I will be in LA from Friday to train with my Wing Chun teacher Robert Chu Sifu and Sensei Eddy Millis of the Shark Tank.

On Sunday 18th 10.00 am - 12.00 I will be in Ranchi Cucamonga with my guys from the UK. We will be doing some training in the Park. Anyone who would like to come along and exchange Chi Sao, Sparring and so on would be very welcome. I have a good bunch of guys who would love to have some fun training with some new blood.

Also from 12 - 2.00 I will be teaching a workshop on our sparring methods. cost $20.00. My guys have had over 50 fights in different types of comps.

If you are interested please give me an email, go to www.alanorr.com

I will know which park we will be at shortly.

My best

Alan

Ultimatewingchun
06-13-2006, 06:28 AM
Hi Alan...

A friend of mine sent me a copy of some of your vids yesterday. So far I've watched your work with the ground and pound (using lots of wing chun strategy amoungst other things) when in someone's guard (bottom scissors)...when you've got the mount (top saddle)....from the cross chest position (side control)...and while holding your man in the head and arm position (scarf hold)...

and I saw the segment when standing up and backing your man into a wall with lots of wing chun forward pressure and body mechanics, punching, lan sao, sticking, elbows, knees, etc.

And the fact that you've become familiar with some Catch As Catch Can wrestling via Tony Cecchine - and how grappling in general can and should be navigated when put together with wing chun - is exactly where I'm coming from also...so I especially like what you're doing.

EXCELLENT STUFF !!!

Keep up the good work.

P.S.- Say hello to Robert Chu for me...as he and I exchanged some positive emails not too long ago.

Ernie
06-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Alan
would love to see what you guys are up to ,,, i teach in the mornings and might have some fathers day stuff to deal with ,,but if i can break out I'm totally down !

my mother board fried on my PC so i don't have INTERNET access all the time

could you email me the exact locations and times ,,, ernie@wingchuncoach.com

i get email on my phone :D

Ultimatewingchun
06-13-2006, 08:01 AM
I think you're gonna be pleasantly surprised, Ernie.

The man knows what he's doin'.

...and comes across in the vids as a good guy.

If you go - pm me and tell me what you thought of the workout/seminar.

Ernie
06-13-2006, 08:10 AM
I think you're gonna be pleasantly surprised, Ernie.

The man knows what he's doin'.

...and comes across in the vids as a good guy.

If you go - pm me and tell me what you thought of the workout/seminar.
Vic,
bro i know it would be a blast , i love learning new stuff , especially when guys are really pressure testing it ,,,, and Alan and his crew have been doing just that !

Alan Orr
06-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi Victor

Many thanks for your feedback and kind words. Hope you enjoy my new set of DVD's when they are ready in the next few weeks. I releasing my Wing Chun Clinch, Chin Na and Chi Sao DVD's very soon.

I would like to know what you think once you see them.

My best

Alan

Hi Ernie

It will be great if you can come along and workout with us. My guys will love to have good level of exchange. I'm sure we will all have a fun day. Wing Chun needs to have hard training in a friendly manner. I will email you once I have the full details.

Really looking forward to meeting you.

My best

Alan

www.alanorr.com

Alan Orr
06-18-2006, 01:52 AM
Hey Guys

We are going to meet up Sunday at Monterey Park in Barns Park.

It will be 8.00 - 11.30 am, sorry for the late notice. If you can not make it we will be at the park all day Monday, which is private training, but if you want to come and Chi Sao, spar etc then please do.

My best

Alan

reneritchie
06-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Hope you guys have a great time!

Shadowboxer
07-08-2006, 04:16 PM
I will be in LA that weekend and possibly Mon as well. Is Redondo beach anywhere near where you guys are going to be? I'll know later on exactly what hotel I'll be at.

Ernie, I was actually going to email you this weekend and see if we could get together this weekend. So, this might work out great. I'll shoot you a PM later.

Looking forward to meeting the both of you!

Chad

Ernie
07-08-2006, 05:31 PM
chad
I think allen was down last month

but I'm allways down to hang with new people

if you want to drop by Gary's and train a few days
doors always open

just let me know I can set it up tell him your a friend of mine

ps might run into a few KFO members ....going to be a busy month around 6
people coming in from all over ;-)

E

Shadowboxer
07-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Ernie,

That's funny. I'm waiting for some video to encode and was doing a little surfing and saw the thread but didn't check the date since it was at the top.

You gonna be around that weekend? I think I get to LA on Thurs night and will be leaving Mon night. Was wondering if you were having some privates or what the training schedule would be like that weekend.

Chad

Ernie
07-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Ernie,

That's funny. I'm waiting for some video to encode and was doing a little surfing and saw the thread but didn't check the date since it was at the top.

You gonna be around that weekend? I think I get to LA on Thurs night and will be leaving Mon night. Was wondering if you were having some privates or what the training schedule would be like that weekend.

Chad

Privates ,,,,, bro ,,,,, come on ,,,,, it's me :D
i would never charge cats form KFO or guys just visiting , not my style man ,,,just come and work out ,,,, hell you might be showing me some new $hit !!!!

i might have a beach party on Sat. and a friends B day party that same night

but thats it
i coach guys Thurday nights , Sat and Sun mornings your welcome to jump in any or as many times as you want ,,, but you should check out Gary if your down ,,,dude is something else he has class Sat ,Sun Wed.Thur. and i can get you into the regular classes no worrries if you want a one on one with him that's something you would have to work out with him ,,, i don't get into that stuff ;)

My cell is on my site call me anytime buddy

E.

Shadowboxer
07-08-2006, 06:25 PM
:)

I thought you had a small group that you were training--that's what I meant by privates--not that you were getting paid for it.

I'll get your cell and get in touch soon! You close to Redondo beach?

Chad

Ernie
07-08-2006, 06:41 PM
haha man don't get me wrong bro I'm not that noble . I get paid ;-)

but its not all about that .

I got 10-15 guys different times through out the week

but some extra cats from germany argentina and canada plus a dude from Frisco might be around

Gary has a ton of international guys living at his school and they take privates with me as well
so you might make some cool friends

everyone is egoless and there to help each other I don't deal with head cases
haha

you will be about an hour away

I got guys I train from newport and santa monica
beach so I might be able to get you a lift if need be

better discussed on email
no need to bore folks

see you soon man

email or call
ernie@wingchuncoach.com

aaron baum
07-10-2006, 09:03 AM
hello ernie...

sorry we missed you in LA...im sure there will be another time....training was good and you guys always make us feel so welcome in the US....

just had a look at your site...all good bro....im sure your guys get plenty of action in training...looks like fun....

keep well and speak soon

aaron

Ernie
07-10-2006, 09:39 AM
hello ernie...

sorry we missed you in LA...im sure there will be another time....training was good and you guys always make us feel so welcome in the US....

just had a look at your site...all good bro....im sure your guys get plenty of action in training...looks like fun....

keep well and speak soon

aaron

Aaron ,
yep sucks i missed you guys really wanted to pick your brain on some stuff and check out some new training methods

thanks for peeping the site ,, getting dated now need to update =)

oh good chance i will be in the UK in sept ,,,, only for a long weekend but who knows =)