PDA

View Full Version : Traditional...WuShu.....Myshoe.....

BoulderDawg
06-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Whatever....:o

As a newcomer to the art I find all this argument a little confusing.

From what I can gather (At least here in the US) you can start a school and call it almost anything you please. You can say your lineage goes back to (Make up a name) temple and start advertising for new students.....There is no governing body.

Personally I don't care. If Billy Bob in Alabama wants to start a new martial arts school then by all means let him do so......It may be a very good school...

Having a lineage and a pedigree that goes back 5000 years does not necessarily mean a whole lot.

MARTIALSTUDANT
09-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Whatever....:o

As a newcomer to the art I find all this argument a little confusing.

From what I can gather (At least here in the US) you can start a school and call it almost anything you please. You can say your lineage goes back to (Make up a name) temple and start advertising for new students.....There is no governing body.

Personally I don't care. If Billy Bob in Alabama wants to start a new martial arts school then by all means let him do so......It may be a very good school...

Having a lineage and a pedigree that goes back 5000 years does not necessarily mean a whole lot.

I have noticed a lot of your replies to many other thread starters you usually have in it you don't under stand or your confused. This thread explains it all I respectfully suggest you get a forum tutor and a school that’s not ran bye those Billy bob types.

BoulderDawg
09-24-2006, 09:41 AM
I'll do that. Thanks for the advice!:D