PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift PR

Vash
06-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Monday, I pulled 275 for 5. I'm 5'8", 175lbs, 22 years of age.

The set consisted of, after 4 light warmup sets: 190, 210, 230, 250, then 275. All for 5 reps. Used straps on the last set as my grip failed repeatedly when I got the bar to my knees.

Working on slowly gaining weight, getting up to 180lbs.

Right now using a twice-a-week lifting split, like always. Monday is my 5x5 day, Thursday my 4x8. Workouts consist of three lower body lifts, two upper body, two abs (weighted), and then a 10 minute complex set of moderate-to-high-rep auxilliary work. Workouts last about 75 minutes, from dynamic warmups to static stretching cooldowns.

Also, doing 12 hours a week pure karate work, more when I can get to class.

Life is good. :)

rubthebuddha
06-15-2006, 06:47 PM
rubthevash

odd -- rubthevash is the exact minimum number of characters required for a post. coincidence? i think not. :D

Vash
06-16-2006, 07:18 AM
How goes da buddha's lifties/families? :D :cool:

IronFist
06-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Props to you, man. My lifts have been sucking recently.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-17-2006, 08:47 PM
nice dude.

i just hit a pr on my bench the other day too. 200 at 136. i was pumped. i also pulled 285 twice a few weeks ago, but i guess i didn't lock completely out. i still consider it pulled though. im gonna try again next time i dead.

i been training with a bunch of power lifters lately and my poundages have been going through the roof. a few of my buddies have actually hinted they thought i was on the juice which kind of upset me. i'm getting stronger sure, but mostly im getting much better technique. i just keep learning to cheat better ... i guess this is what power lifting is all about :).

unfortunatley my jiujitsu progress is coming along much more slowly as i only train twice a week and i still cant do the oly lifts for ****.

my goals are 250 on bench and 300 pull by halloween and to perform a proper clean by mid july.

fa_jing
06-19-2006, 10:54 AM
hey that's a nice bench milestone GDA, congrats.

Vash
06-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Good job, man. Keep it up.

nice dude.

i just hit a pr on my bench the other day too. 200 at 136. i was pumped. i also pulled 285 twice a few weeks ago, but i guess i didn't lock completely out. i still consider it pulled though. im gonna try again next time i dead.

i been training with a bunch of power lifters lately and my poundages have been going through the roof. a few of my buddies have actually hinted they thought i was on the juice which kind of upset me. i'm getting stronger sure, but mostly im getting much better technique. i just keep learning to cheat better ... i guess this is what power lifting is all about :).

unfortunatley my jiujitsu progress is coming along much more slowly as i only train twice a week and i still cant do the oly lifts for ****.

my goals are 250 on bench and 300 pull by halloween and to perform a proper clean by mid july.

Toby
07-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Congrats Vash