PDA

View Full Version : Gene's Ba ning sword.

David Jamieson
06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
seriously man, you should cuttle one up, take a picture of it and post it as the device that is used upon the egregious.

:D

BruceSteveRoy
06-16-2006, 10:53 AM
that is an idea worth doing. but when you make the sword you should put sterno all over the blade and set it on fire and just look really scary.

GeneChing
06-16-2006, 11:06 AM
I use my sword finger to press that ban button. It's a special sword finger. You all know the classic sword finger, yes? Imagine that, but I retract the pointer finger. That's my banning sword finger, and I doubt you need a picture of it. :)

SifuAbel
06-16-2006, 11:09 AM
The bird of doom? :eek:

David Jamieson
06-16-2006, 11:39 AM
How about "green void"... or some other cool name?

green void sword hand.

that would really sell in some places!

neilhytholt
06-16-2006, 01:19 PM
First reading the subject line of this thread, I thought it might be a traditional sword form or type of sword or something.

Darn.

Hey, anybody know where to find good quality Chinese weapons with folded high carbon steel blades. And by high quality, I mean really high quality, not the kind of typical 'high quality' you find from China these days. (Still smarting on a couple of purchases). Like high enough quality that you could really use it for a few years and it wouldn't break.

Most stuff from China in the MA line they call high quality seems to really be just below acceptable quality, meaning it's not terrible but not that great and doesn't last that long.

David Jamieson
06-16-2006, 01:27 PM
If you are willing to fork out thousands of dollars you can get as high quality a sword as you would like.

some folded 100 times!

I've seen katanas that go for 30 to 40k a piece. I mean, sure they're historical pieces :p but hey, they are fine blades.

anyway, dragon well makes decent swords. You can get practice quality or considerably good quality from the han wei forge stuff.

neilhytholt
06-16-2006, 01:33 PM
If you are willing to fork out thousands of dollars you can get as high quality a sword as you would like.

some folded 100 times!

I've seen katanas that go for 30 to 40k a piece. I mean, sure they're historical pieces :p but hey, they are fine blades.

anyway, dragon well makes decent swords. You can get practice quality or considerably good quality from the han wei forge stuff.

No, not looking for Kantanas, but rather Chinese swords.

Basically something you could really use (not that I will, but that quality), meaning blade that can cut, folded steel, high quality fittings, that if I were to say, take it somewhere and hack bamboo with it all day, many days, the grip wouldn't separate from the tang, or crack, etc.

I don't know the quality of that Hanwei stuff but I assume given the other samples of Chinese gear that I've come across that it won't stand up to abuse.

David Jamieson
06-16-2006, 02:06 PM
actually they are forged well and cuttled very nicely.

it really depends on what you want to spend and what you know about what you're asking for.

GeneChing
06-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Did neilhytholt just hijack my sword baning finger thread?! :mad:

That's not worth the finger, but it is worth this (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=567).

neilhytholt
06-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Did neilhytholt just hijack my sword baning finger thread?! :mad:

That's not worth the finger, but it is worth this (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=567).

Gene,

Thanks for the link! Sorry for hijacking the thread! When he said 'ba ning' sword I thought he meant 8 something sword.

SPJ
06-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Ba Ning and not banning.

eight extreme peace ?

:confused:

neilhytholt
06-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Ba Ning and not banning.

eight extreme peace ?

:confused:

8 fierce look?

SPJ
06-16-2006, 07:57 PM
YES.

if you place the beast side character to it.

:)

David Jamieson
06-16-2006, 09:52 PM
funny how a telephone works...

BlueTravesty
06-18-2006, 10:27 AM
I tried searching "Eight Fierce Look Sword" on google, and it pointed me to a well-priced unabridged translation of The Three Kingdoms (!!!) I hope to get it soon :eek:

SPJ
06-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Ning may also mean twisting depending on the characters.

8 twisted swords. That would mean the swords are twisted in eight directions or 8 ways or 8 places?

SPJ
06-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Ning Guo Fang Zhuan are big deals in Ba Gua Zhang.

Ning: twisting or writhing.

Guo: rotation inward.

Fang: flip or reverse from up, down, inside, outside, left, right etc with palms, arms, body facing etc.

Zhuan: drilling forward, upward etc.

BlueTravesty
06-18-2006, 11:45 AM
I was gonna say, that would be a pretty cool name for sword used in BaGua!

If time-travel is ever possible, I will go back in time and suggest it to Dong Hai Chuan.

Then I'll remember I don't speak Chinese. Taking my incomprehensible speech and my sudden appearance as a threat, he will kill me with the incredible Ba Ning Jian technique, and all these posts will disappear.

Thinking of time travel makes my head hurt.

David Jamieson
06-18-2006, 11:50 AM
don't worry, according to john titor it doesn't matter if you screw with the past because you always travel to a different world timeline anyway.

BlueTravesty
06-18-2006, 11:53 AM
ahhh, it's like Sliders AND Quantum Leap! Here comes the advil...:(

jethro
06-18-2006, 11:59 AM
I tried searching "Eight Fierce Look Sword" on google, and it pointed me to a well-priced unabridged translation of The Three Kingdoms (!!!) I hope to get it soon :eek:

can you post teh link, i have been looking or an unabridged version:)

BlueTravesty
06-18-2006, 12:05 PM
http://www.threekingdoms.com/

I think they also have a version on the website too (scroll waay down.) but I'd just love to have a copy I could hold in my hand and read in my bedroom, on the turlet, etc. The unabridged one is the link at Amazon... better price than the ones I was scoping on ebay.

SPJ
06-19-2006, 07:01 AM
The three kingdoms or San Guo Zi.

There are many good stories.

1. Characters; loyalty and just.

Guan Gong was a formidable fighter and very loyal to Liu Bei, since they sworn as brothers at the garden of peach. He was captured by Cao and offered many good terms. GG would not betray Liu. His just and loyalty or Yi is as high as the clouds in the sky. GG became a symbol of Zhong/loyalty and Yi/just.

GG is respected as a model of a warrior or god of war.

Many people in the business circles also pay respect to GG. meaning when they trade or doing business, they will be fair and faithful on terms of agreements. GG is also a god of business.

---

:)

Oso
06-19-2006, 08:47 AM
don't worry, according to john titor it doesn't matter if you screw with the past because you always travel to a different world timeline anyway.

Number of the Beast

GeneChing
06-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Applicants for Gene's Eight Writhing Sword disciples can apply here if they meet the following criteria (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35945).

David Jamieson
06-19-2006, 02:26 PM
ok, well i don't meet the criteria, so i'll apply for antihero.

a)i don't like nachos that much

b) i like them even less with melted whatever that is they try to tell you it's cheese

c) ninja is a marketing scam to sell tabi toe shoes and plastic swords to people who just don't know any better.

d)pink ninjas are definitely a tourist thing to keep teh castle open.

so, I'll be the devil and you guys be the pink ninja nacho eaters. ya'll be like some kind of true american underdogs that way, and I get to be a standard model villain.

mmmmm standard model villain...

FuXnDajenariht
06-19-2006, 02:51 PM
lol i think if you travel to one specific moment in time everything will be frozen into place so it wont matter.

i of course have nothing to back this up with but im going with it. :D

SPJ
06-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Pink may blend into pink flowers such as carnation, roses beds.

But the green or blue fluorescense ones may defeat the purpose at nite.

They glow in the dark. LOL.

BlueTravesty
06-19-2006, 09:36 PM
lol i think if you travel to one specific moment in time everything will be frozen into place so it wont matter.

i of course have nothing to back this up with but im going with it. :D

Pretty cool thought :-D I don't "really" believe in time travel as such, since I don't believe time exists as anything but a way for man to try to make sense of the events that go on around him. Measuring the sequence of phenomena in seconds, minutes, hours, years, etc. gives us an illusion of control.