PDA

View Full Version : Kung-fu Insructors Wanted - NY (Queens & Long Island)

Lama Pai Sifu
06-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Kung-Fu Instructors Wanted, specifially, Southern Stylists.

Placement in either existing Kung-Fu schools (or two new one's opening 2006)

Busy Martial Arts Schools, seeking talented Instructors (brown belt and above)

Teaching experience not mandatory, but helpful. A positive attitude towards people and a willingness to share the arts - Mandatory

Assistant Instructor (P/T) and Head Instructor (F/T) Positions available.

Benefits include: Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation

F/T or P/T

Email job resume and M.A. experience to: kungfu531@aol.com

Salary + Commission = $500-$1200 per week. (FULL TIME) Part Time is an hourly/weekly wage.

Contact me at this email (NO PMs) Kungfu531@aol.com

Must love teaching kids and adults.

DISCLAIMER: Only contact me if you wish to have a secure and somewhat lucrative career teaching Kung-Fu. I am open to brining in other styles to teach at new branches, but I am only looking for people who are serious about a career, and like minded with my team and I about being succesful in this industry.

Looking foward to hearing from you.

Sifu Michael Parrella

Master Parrella's Kung-Fu Centers
www.nykungfu.com

EarthDragon
06-20-2006, 09:31 AM
sifu Michael, you are willing to pay 500 - 1200 per week?
where can I sign up? LOL I own a school and dont make that much in a month!
got any insight on how to make a grand a week teaching the old tradational way? no one but a hand full take the time nowadays..

But heck I'll teach for ya for that kind loot.;)

Lama Pai Sifu
06-20-2006, 09:57 AM
thanks for the reply.

My schools are (in my opinion) very successful. We have a very sound teaching system and business stystem that produces consistent results. And my staff and I are HAPPY to go to work each day!

I'm no overnight success; I've been running schools and teaching professionally for over 15 years (Actually, July 27th it will be 15 years).

I've had lots of ups and down, but I've learned about the business of running successful schools by the some of the best examples and mentors.

I am proud of what I teach, and fortunatly, I've positioned my school financially, so that I can finally pay instructors and staff what they deserve.

This wasn't always the case; it's just the last 3 years or so that things have all come together for my schools and we are prepared to expand again.

I am also entertaining the idea of partnering up with poeple who have existing locations and (regardless of the style being taught there) implement my curriculum outlines (lesson plans) and business stystems so that the schools run well and have financial security.

Please...if you are a school owner and you are frustrated with your current situation, contact me and let's see if there is a way we can work together.

On a financial level alone, to illustrate what I mean be financial security, just one of my schools, last year, earned almost $500,000. (It earns about $40K per month: that's not 'contact value' or some other term, it's actual $$ in the bank) My other school, a little less, but it's climbing up this year.

I have a lot of ideas regarding working with other school owners. Feel free to contact me at my personal email; kungfu531@aol.com

Look forward to hearing from you and makeing some new friends.

Lama Pai Sifu
06-20-2006, 10:02 AM
You know, the days of martial artists teaching for $300-$400 are long gone.

By running proffessional schools, or partnering with someone who runs them, it is not hard to make a 6-figure income. I have been makine a 6-figure income for many years (since the 1990's) and I am about 1 year away from one of my employees breaking that mark as well.

Not to imress you, but to impress upon you, that the income is out there, I should earn well over $200K this year. (obviously, that's before taxes, but you get the idea)

Shaolin101
06-20-2006, 11:58 AM
anyone else think they are in the wrong job?

I wish i was in the USA - and that i was good enough!

Ray Pina
06-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm very curious how you do this. Is it a matter of getting numbers in, or working the numbers you have with gear and things like that? I din't know there were so many interested students.

Or is it a matter of high amounts of disposable income near your school? You are in a big $ area.

Either way, God bless you that you can make that kind of money doing what you love.

Ray

David Jamieson
06-20-2006, 01:15 PM
it's a matter of focus, priority, a viable product, a demand for it and an ability to meet that demand.

lps ain't the only one in the usa making good bank on the ma business. I can think of a few in the us and canada who do well.

the stigma of "traditional arts shouldn't be taught for money" is probably propogated bythose who are making the most lol, just kidding, it's more likely being propogated by those who are not so good at business.