PDA

View Full Version : What's YOUR way?

hskwarrior
06-22-2006, 02:37 PM
I wanted to see how most of you guys deal with very typical situations.

For example, what is you favorite way to deal with:..........

1) a Jab

2) A Hook

3) an uppercut

4) a front snap kick

5) a side kick

6) crescent kicks

You know things like this. Let's forget about cage and professional fighting, let's focus on street level situations. You are approached and assaulted or fighting someone who has some martial arts background. Now, whether it's evading, blocking, countering, or whatever.......what is YOUR way?

k-no
06-22-2006, 04:03 PM
It's hard to say without actually being there Frank. I am sure most everyone here with a good repertoire will not have one set way to react. But I'll try to guesstimate from what I know and from past events but I'll say right now that it isn't (my) Gospel...

1) Chun/Charp.

2) Hook Charp with elbow out blocking the punching hand.

3) What kind of uppercut? Normal boxing mode dictates that I have my head sticking out or something to make this effective for the attacker and I just don't see it happening. If I had to guess it would be some sort of downwards (sweeping) elbow.

4) Laugh. If it's moving too fast I can't do much but block or parry it. Then laugh.

5) Sidestep/straight charp

6) Bob/Poon Kiu Sow or Ridge Hand

This is all assuming I didn't just want to beat them to the kick. You know how I LOVE kicking people lol.

Wow... the pantherfist is rather versatile. =)

k-

David Jamieson
06-23-2006, 05:11 AM
1) a Jab - slip, pak, seampush

2) A Hook - simple destruction

3) an uppercut - close the curtain

4) a front snap kick - jam

5) a side kick - scoop

6) crescent kicks - move unders

Mano Mano
06-23-2006, 01:08 PM
1) If I’m right side forward against a left jab I check the jab with right hand & counter right hand yum chap chui
If I’m left side forward against a left jab I still check the jab with the right hand & counter with a left ping chap chui

2) depending on the range either cheun sao (cheun kiu) block or palm strike to the striking arms bicep

3) Downward forearm strike to the offending arm followed by ping jan

4) Same as k-no but without the laugh

5) Depending on the range either the same k-no or a chin ji strike

6) A very swift kick to the meat & two veg area

hskwarrior
06-23-2006, 04:03 PM
1) if my left is forward, I think i might (possibly) poon kiu into kwa sow with the same hand (if he doesn't throw another punch). The key is getting the top of your thigh right under his hamstrings and make sure they tough. with your thigh under his hams, you get him off balance better.

or..................

If my left is forward, i may step out into (what we call) the seven star stance ( basically a din ji ma at like a 45 degree angle (to the right), use a right PAK SAU and launch a wicked yum chop to right nght below the armpit. (my students know the pain that one causes.) It depends on the moment what i'd do next.

(remember......this is just one or two ways to use CLF).

2) typically, i would either use a Pak Sau block, followed by a sau choy ( but if he blocks or ducks that one its followed by a sau choy from the other arm. (left pak sau, right sau choy, left sau choy. Or inside left hook block, step forward and launch as nice chop choy to the stomach followed by a same hand kwa choy to the face then whatever feels clever next.

3) It depends on the situation. If I see it coming, then i might use upwards scooping motion followed by an uppercut my self. or even running uppercuts.;)

4) MY FAVORITE.........KWAN KIU, SAME HAND KWA CHOY, FOLLOWED BY EITHER A CUP OR SOW CHOY WITH THE OPPOSITE HAND.

5) STEP BACK RETREAT HORSE, USE FOREARM CHOP DOWNWARDS ON HIS KNEE OR LEG, HARD!!!!!!!!!!!

6) SAME A K-NO, BUT I'D STEP IN TO ATTACK HIS STANDING LEG FOR A SIMPLE TAKE DOWN. (STICK HIM WITH MY BIG OLD BUTCHER KNIFE WHEN NO ONE'S LOOKIN. J/K:D