PDA

View Full Version : Beginner La Parkour vid?

IronFist
06-24-2006, 12:45 PM
This guy is decent, but messes up a few times.

Sorry if this is a repost:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Nlk7n1KQI

It's cool when he dives UP the stairs at 1:47.

Shaolinlueb
06-24-2006, 01:41 PM
im sorry i think this urban running **** is stupid.

shuaichiao
06-24-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why this stuff keeps showing up on martial art forums?

IronFist
06-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Cuz it's awesome.

David Jamieson
06-25-2006, 09:06 AM
because they're young and trying to identify with something and having nothing to draw comparison too, they gravitate towards the martial arts.

that's why this shows up in martial arts forums. They want to be associated with the 'macho' and not with say, ballroom dancing, or what not.

that demonstration was especially lacking though. I really enjoyed watching him hang from a puny 8 foot wall trying to gather the strength to climb over. :rolleyes:

:p

parkour is it's own thing, it ain't breakin, it ain't martial art, it ain't gymnastics, it's just obstacle course at a new level. Human steeple chase really at the core of it.

jethro
06-25-2006, 10:51 AM
is that you in the video? SAdly I have seen that one and that kid looks like he just started practicing that day. And yes of course jumping off walls is a kind of martial art:p

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Cuz it's awesome.

seconded.

and it shows up on martial arts forums because of wushu, jacki chan, and jet li.

also give that kid a break. hes learning and i doubt he put the video on the net to show how 1337 his sk1lz are.

Shaolinlueb
06-25-2006, 01:09 PM
nope. urban running is G-A-Y last time4 i checked.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-25-2006, 03:08 PM
So Is Your Face!!!!!!!!11111

IronFist
06-27-2006, 06:45 PM
^ pwnd!!1one!

Ray Pina
06-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Inspiring. I might start doing this sort of thing when I run up the block to check the surf.

As for that wall comment. That wall was probably 10 to 13 feet tall. I wonder how many people here could get up there that quickly. Yes, he struggles, but he made it on his first attempt.

I like the wall running.

Judge Pen
06-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Psst. I used to do things like that when I was his age too. Really, the kid's just goofing off. I've seen some impressive wall running and maybe that kid will develop, but right now, it's just child's play.

Ray Pina
06-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Yea, I'm just talking about the potential, what I posted in the other video.

The thing I like most about this is that the participants are changing the way they view the world. Where you and I are conditioned to follow pathways and staircases, these guys see opportunities, short cuts ... in the meantime they're getting excercise. If I had kids I'd rather they do this than play Xbox all day.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-28-2006, 05:28 PM
ima start doing it.

i did things similar as a kid but never tried to make it smooth ... make an art out of it.

survival association *****es ... its on.

Yum Cha
06-28-2006, 05:51 PM
I always wondered what a beginner looked like, I thought the movie Yamakasi (sp?) was pretty interesting.

It takes hard training, it takes courage, it takes discipline. props.

SevenStar
06-28-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why this stuff keeps showing up on martial art forums?

because of the intent behind it. it takes persistance, strength skill and heart to do what they do. The attributes they develop are more than useful in any martial art. Instead of taking it at face value, look deeper. Besides that, it's just plain cool.