Pk_StyLeZ
06-25-2006, 10:02 AM
chang. chuan or chi? lol

pao chuan. nice shaolin set. :p

or how bout quan

Sal Canzonieri
06-26-2006, 09:52 PM
It's a Shaolin Pao Chuoi form.

I don't think it is from the 3 Emperor's Pao Chuoi style (although that style is
derived from Shaolin forms).

You can see that most of the moves from the Shaolin Pao Chuoi form are from
the Shaolin Xiao and Da Hong Quan forms and the Shaolin Tai Tzu Chang Quan form.

Also, there are some internal moves in the form that are found both
Tai Tzu and Chang Nei Jia Quan (from the neighboring province and who's internal MA ideas and moves are influences on Chen Tai Ji).

bungbukuen
06-26-2006, 10:54 PM
In what context do you mean internal moves? I mean how do you define it? Are you talking in terms of fighting strategy, or qigong methods, or cliche groupings of menpai (nei jia vs. wai jia), or what?

Sal Canzonieri
06-27-2006, 07:01 AM
In what context do you mean internal moves? I mean how do you define it? Are you talking in terms of fighting strategy, or qigong methods, or cliche groupings of menpai (nei jia vs. wai jia), or what?

Well, in this case only, regarding the moves in this form, I am referring specifically only to a few movements that are also seen in other forms from styles that are considered "internal", such as Chen Tai Ji, Chang family Nei Jia Quan, Tai Tzu Quan, etc.

For example there is a move done twice in this form, he suddenly hunches his back over while his arms fly out in front of him.

This partciular move is unlike all the other moves in this form, which are more "boxing" like, and this move is exactly done like a classic move seen in Chang family Nei Jia Quan (also seen in Tai Tzu quan sometimes, depending on the lineage).
Hunching the shoulders and curving the back suddenly while flipping the arms out at once in front of the body is very conspicuous move.
It is interesting to me that this move is a move that is representative of Chang Nei Jia Quan style, it is not found very often anywhere else, even in Shaolin forms.
it is considered "internal" movement. It is so unusual that it stands out right away.

Drawings of the move are shown in the Doug Wylie books on Chang Nei Jia Quan and Tai Ji Origins.

beiquan
06-27-2006, 12:27 PM
this is Shaolin Paoquan, not Sanhuang paochui.

THIS is Sanhuang paochui: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89azEvAhDdE

beiquan
06-27-2006, 12:34 PM
It is interesting to me that this move is a move that is representative of Chang Nei Jia Quan style, it is not found very often anywhere else, even in Shaolin forms.
it is considered "internal" movement. It is so unusual that it stands out right away.

Drawings of the move are shown in the Doug Wylie books on Chang Nei Jia Quan and Tai Ji Origins.

Here is a video of Changjiaquan (Chang family style):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9tPA6OZLMA

maybe there is some surface similarity in the moves but to me the power generation seems completely different.

Sal Canzonieri
06-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Here is a video of Changjiaquan (Chang family style):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9tPA6OZLMA

maybe there is some surface similarity in the moves but to me the power generation seems completely different.

yes, the power generation is different, but the applications are the same.
it;'s been "shaolinized" for sure, but who knows if you saw the moves done in the far past at Shaolin it would be more like where it is taken from.

The exact move that I am talking about is in the Chang Family Lohan form, which could mean that the Chang family got it FROM Shaolin instead of vice versa.

Pk_StyLeZ
06-27-2006, 05:44 PM
ok my chinese to english translation suck spelling.
but
the english translation of this form of the video i posted is
SHAOLIN CANNON FIST
i know it is cannon fist, becuase me myself learned this form. the exact same one. only thing different was the variations of execution of the moves, since one move can be executed in many ways. and every master have their own flavor.

Songshan
06-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Ok, I just want to know what system is this??!!.....just kidding, just kidding guys :D