PDA

View Full Version : Question marks

viviana
06-26-2006, 07:39 PM
What is the deal with question mark writing? Is it a code or some form of communication? I came across it a few times and I am at a loss.:confused:

MasterKiller
06-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Question mark writing?

You mean "l33t" when people use numbers and symbols instead of letters?

zuiquan1
06-27-2006, 11:26 AM
I think he talking about when people are using Chinese Charecter sets, If you dont have it installed on your computer than it all shows up in question marks ;)

jethro
06-29-2006, 11:39 AM
I was going to ask what exactly she was talkking about and get an example of it. But you just got me to laugh my ass off with your thoughts, thanks:D

viviana
07-01-2006, 08:50 PM
I am glad you are finding this funny jethro! You learn by asking, correct? So I am to understand that this is a code that software creates, what software? Why use it, what's so secret?

jethro
07-01-2006, 09:22 PM
well, heres what is going on.

A lot of people use chinese symbols to write on here. I guess if you don't see any of those, that is probabaly why you are seeing question marks and stuff liek that. The reason they use it is beacuse they can speak a different language and want the rare foreigner to come on and be able to read something. But there are many other reasons peole would use foreign languaeg symbols. And thank you for the topic that brought me a very hard laugh;)