PDA

View Full Version : seminar JKD

jkdninja
06-27-2006, 10:45 AM
If you are in the Alabama area there will be a JKD seminar with Sifu Lamar Davis. Sifu Davis has been certified as a full instructor by 5 of Bruce Lee's original students from each school. If you are interested in this here is the web address http://www.HardcoreJKD.com

Kent

milojai
06-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi;
Im not here to say who is or isnt jkd!
Think of this people( please for the sake of Bruce!)
JKd means to Intercept--no passive motion!
to run around & get certified by verious other teaches on the
same art & like not haveing fath in their ways or maybe they want to be the next Bruce Lee so bad they have to proove they gone to verious seminrs for such claim! Now how many go to 5 differant Tae Kwon do or kempo teachers!
See how funny that sounds.Totaly agianst the ways of What my teacher wanted.
Please stop & think how many high school & G.E.D.s do you need or diplomas befor people see your are!May be its a joke to the real players & maybe its excepted!I realy dont see to many Inosanto students going to
other certified people under Dan!Why would this be & for what resogn?

jethro
06-29-2006, 12:10 PM
the fact tht this style is still being studied based off of what a movie star thought, I don't see why people can't be instructors in it. Do you want it to go away?

jkdninja
06-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Who is/ was your teacher? My question to you is this how many styles do you know? Why? Dan Insonato knows more than just what Sijo Lee showed him. By your words why would he (Insanato) go to different instuctors to learn different styles. how many styles does one need to know; your GEd quote. Pick one and stick to it, by your meaning. If you know that Bruce Lee had 3 different schools and that his teachings varied and evolved during each "period/era" into what he called Jeet Kune Do. My sifu has trained with original students from all three different schools to be more rounded and grounded in JKD. He does not think that one is better than the other each has/had a different view and teaching during those days with Sijo Lee. It sounds to me that you are just looking to stir the pot a little and yet you defeat yourself with your own words. by the way Jeet Kune Do means way of the intercepting fist. We are not passive in anything nor do we need to show how much we know or how big we are. We don't look for trouble nor do we fear trouble.

Kent

jkdninja
06-29-2006, 12:30 PM
What do you study? Did the person that you are learning from invent this? Do you know if they are teaching it correctly? The last time I checked all "inventors" of the "martial arts" are dead. So you are learning from someone who learned from soemone so on and so on... The first person must have been born, raised, as a martial arts expert and not a farmer, herder or such. it doesn't matter what Bruce Lee did for a living, before the movies he was an instructor; he was also a writer, what does matter was he was the real deal. Yes I am going to it and yes I believe in the art as JKD is not a style. Why don't you come and see for yourself. It might be an eye opener for you.

Kent

Vash
06-29-2006, 07:32 PM
*sniff*

What's that smell?

Let us know how the seminar goes.

jkdninja
06-30-2006, 07:29 AM
I have been to past seminars and was able to participate in the instructors conference this year that Sifu Davis held. I say that they are worth attending as I learn alot. I plan on attending the fall conference in August. the May/June conference was great we had guys from all over the US as well as Canada attend. It was great getting to train woth different energies, skill levels as well as body types. We train hard and are very serious in learning but we do have a good time, it is not all rigid as some may try and lead you to believe. I will post an update after the seminar. Ya'll have a good one now.

Kent