PDA

View Full Version : wing chun in shanghai

shanghaikid
06-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in Shanghai doing a study abroad program. Does anyone know of any places to train? I'm a beginner with 3 months experience.

Thanks!

Ernie
06-28-2006, 04:48 PM
http://www.phwingchun.com/

give peter a call

tell him Ernie sent you =)

Zhuge Liang
06-28-2006, 08:13 PM
I will be in Shang Hai in a couple of weeks, starting from July 9th. If you'd like we can meet up. You can email me at alan_ngai@yahoo.com

Regards,
Alan

PS And do check out Peter. Just don't touch him in the face! ;)

Zhuge Liang
07-07-2006, 11:54 PM
I'll be in Shang Hai from 7/11 to 7/24. If anyone is interested in meeting up for some Wing Chun, let me know. My email is alan_ngai@yahoo.com

Regards,
Alan

mau123
07-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Hello,

my first post on these forums-- I'm also going to be studying in Shanghai as of September. I have zero martial arts experience and am looking to learn Wing Chun, will either of you still be there? Ernie, I take it the instructor at that Wing Chun school is a friend of yours, the website looks great... would you reccomend it for a total beginner?

peace

Ernie
07-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Hello,

my first post on these forums-- I'm also going to be studying in Shanghai as of September. I have zero martial arts experience and am looking to learn Wing Chun, will either of you still be there? Ernie, I take it the instructor at that Wing Chun school is a friend of yours, the website looks great... would you recommend it for a total beginner?

peace

Yep , Peter is a great coach ,,i would not lock horns with him , they guys loves a good scrap haha
but i have trained with him for years and was always a great training partner with a fantastic work ethic

if you look at most of the clips of Gary , peter is on the receiving end , he was a private student of Gary's as well as attended about every regular class , the guy is very devoted .

he also assisted Gary on his very first German seminars

flew in from Shanghai , and still pops into the states , so his training is current

over all as you said he is my friend and a good guy .

tell him I recommend you , he will look out for you ;)

junmo
07-16-2006, 01:21 AM
I've been training with pete on and off for the last year or so....1st in the park scaring away the old folk....and now down at the school...always open to new people joining...come down and we'll smack you round for free :D (joking!) ...seriously good to meet new WC people over here as theres not many doing it....props to Alan (Zhuge) hooked up last Thurs for a session in the grotty alley behind a hotel...muchos fun!

PS. - Anyone can PM if they want Petes Sahnghai details.

Zhuge Liang
07-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Hey junmo, ditto on the workout. I'll see if I can drop by over to Peter's place this Sat. Tell him to go easy on me in case I make it. :) Unfortunately I won't be able to show up during the weekdays this week since I'll be over in Beijing. But I *should* be back by Sat.

Regards,
Alan