PDA

View Full Version : Natural Qi

honorisc
06-04-2001, 02:27 AM
Tell me about it.

Very some such,perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

bearpaw
06-06-2001, 11:56 AM
Original Qi:
made of the essential Qi from the kindeys, Qi from food and Qi from air. Original Qi flows though every part of the body and is transformed into five other types of Qi.

Organ Qi:
Qi used by the organs.

Channel Qi:
Qi thats moves though the Qi channels to and from organs.

Construction Qi:
Qi used to form blood and move it though the body.

Defense Qi:
Qi used by the body to defend itself from outside forces.

Ancestral Qi:
Controls breathing and heart rate. Every EVERY inmportant in Qigong.

Qi is a very abstuct idea, its like knowing nothing of nth dimensional mathamatics and trying to understand a equation.

The easist way to understand Qi is to think of it as electricty. You can use Qigong to "gain" more electricty. It flows though your body and is used for everything.

Qi is literaly "energy of motion". There are three conditions dealing with Qi that are bad. Having too much Qi the worst, this is the cause of the worst dieases, this is hyperactivity of the body. The next one is too little Qi, realize that both of this conditions are relative to your "natural" amout of Qi. the last one is Qi stagnation, this is when Qi is not moving.

All of this is verbatium out of "Fundamentals of Chinese Medicine, revised edition", I'm going to write a short review of it in the TCM section.

honorisc
09-17-2001, 05:31 AM
Thank you~...but What about something called Natural Qi. Tell me about Natural Qi, please~.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

EARTH DRAGON
09-17-2001, 05:47 AM
with bear paw's excellent description of qi I feel foolish trying to answer this but I think you mean natural as in earths qi, natural proccess, season change, the tao if you will, things like that? not sure exactly what your looking for.

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

prana
09-17-2001, 05:54 AM
No-know.... Tis me, I coem in peace.

I hope this is what you are asking. If not, I wasted more bandwidth.

Qi is "wind". Wind in terms of mind. Mind is necessarily carried by winds. Winds travel through what yogins (and many Eastern such as Qi Gong) call the "Illusory body", the body beyond skin bones and flesh. A subset of meridians. In the illusory body are 5 main knots, some call the Chakras. These are the crown (head), throat, heart, navel (similar to Dan Tien in Chinese) and the few secret chakras.
The all important chakras are the heart, at which human nature is bounded.
Also there are a few other chakras, the thrid eye, the palms, soles of feet etc.
Next to the main central channel, are the two side channels, one female and one male. Both exhibit different qualities of the mind, and causes the mind to engross in duality.

By natural Qi, do you mean Qi inside or Qi outside the body. Everywhere is Qi. The sun, the moon, all living beings, has Qi. Food has Qi.

When one realises it, one also cultivates it

[This message was edited by prana on 09-17-01 at 09:02 PM.]

honorisc
09-17-2001, 04:15 PM
What I mean~is relevant to the following.

A Chinese Chinese herbalist~ type person, watched someone put his hands near a person to make them feel not as bad (headache, shoulder or upper back pain). The herbalist said to the person that he's got a little qi. Then later told him he has natural qi. I tool it to mean that that was the type of Qi. I presumed that it might have to do with the person not having any formal training in qigong. Yet it might be the way to describe the quality of qi. It really seemed that Natural qi is a category. It would not be a standard category because. When doing qigong with an instrictor, there are, would be standard destinations or goals. Theese goals have already been mapped and there are outlines to achieving them~, theoretically. Yet a qi not gotten by any of these formal standard methods/practices might be classified as natural qi. I was interested and thought that it might be known by an other than myself.

Hopefully, you all can get that for which I am looking, even if you all No_Know. Nor find others who know~. Thankyou.

EARTH DRAGON
09-17-2001, 05:53 PM
the explainations that you got from your question are far more specific and more in depth than that of your understanding of what you think natural qi is! what I mean is that natural qi as you stated by your post it is simply life force energy that every thing has that is alive, from people to blades of grass. The examples that people shared with you have a far deeper understanding of qi. Not that you dont, but your question was so simple that I think everone took it be more complexed than the basic knowledge of life!

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

origenx
09-17-2001, 07:52 PM
No_Know - I assume this person with the "natural" qi was you? Anyways, I wonder if the herbalist meant "yuan" qi - or original or innate - that possibly could also be described as "natural" qi?

honorisc
09-17-2001, 09:10 PM
Thanks for your mentions, both of you, but especially originx. Sounds like something. :-)

EARTH DRAGON, very good. The complex is simple; and the simple, complex. Some-such. Again, thanks for bothering everyone so far.