PDA

View Full Version : Internal vid (E-Chuan challenge match)

Ray Pina
06-30-2006, 07:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlZBo79tbI

TaiChiBob
06-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Greetings..

Nice work, overall.. a little too comitted, in certain places.. speed and swarming cancels telegraphing, so you seem to have that squared away.. the forward balance could leave you open to a well timed sweep.. excellent use of core strengths, power generated nicely from the ground.. careful with the elbows, an underhook can break your root and lock up that side, hook the leg and you're on the ground with your back up.. Your attack invites a knee, but your swarm makes it a challenge.. great spirit! i'll bet sparring partners are becoming more dificult to find, though :)

Good work, Ray.. Be well...

Ray Pina
06-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Thank you. You're right. A better fighter would have thrown me.

My master has gotten on me about the same things but sometimes I'm just over zealous. Working on it though.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Just tinkering and trying to do my best to make this stuff my own.

Have a great weekend
Ray

pmann
06-30-2006, 05:56 PM
cool post - thanks!

jon
06-30-2006, 07:00 PM
You should come to Australia and look for some bigger opponents:D

Tadzio G.
07-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Mr. Pina, first thank you for sharing the video.
Now, honestly, I have see a lot of "will" from your part, and this is good, but I failed to see elements characteristic of Song family XYQ, or even XYQ at all. I don't say this as a direct critic, but rather just to pint it out. Maybe I wasn't able to see it because of my own limitation, or maybe because (correct me if I am wrong , please) your teacher decided to mix several arts :creating" a new system. It might be that I am not able to see XYQ in this context.

I have also seen the vids you posted on EF and I also failed to see XYQ in them.
But I also understand that to use XYQ in a fight is o simple matter, and you seem to be trying. Hope you will suceed anyway.

pmann
07-01-2006, 07:20 AM
what is EF ?

chud
07-01-2006, 09:31 PM
what is EF ?

Empty Flower, referring to the discussion forums at emptyflower.com

Nebuchadnezzar
07-04-2006, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlZBo79tbI

I didn't know that E-Chuan used surf boards. Wasn't much fighting. :eek:

Chief Fox
07-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Nice! Mkes me jealous that I don't live near an ocean.