zengrasshopper
06-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Hey look,

A new "Temple Kung Fu Forum"

http://templekungforum.14.forumer.com/

stop the insanity!

Chief Fox
06-30-2006, 11:30 AM
SWEET! a totally empty forum with only one person to discuss things with! What could be better than that?

zengrasshopper
06-30-2006, 12:25 PM
That's why I posted it here, it's less than 2 days old...

give it time.

Banjos_dad
06-30-2006, 01:39 PM
couldn't help noticing certain blatant errrr 'similarities'

you're not pimping your own forum here are you dude? :rolleyes:

zengrasshopper
06-30-2006, 06:55 PM
busted,

but how else do I get it out there?

Banjos_dad
06-30-2006, 07:15 PM
lol... that's a good point.

best of luck with it!

EarthDragon
07-01-2006, 06:00 AM
Oh God not temple kungfu! they are the cheesiest bunch of wannabies in Toronto. There the mckwoon of the century.. no wonder MMA guys pick on TCMA

jethro
07-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaa

neilhytholt
07-01-2006, 07:20 PM
When I was calling around Seattle for martial arts places, evidently there's something called Temko or something now. I'm asking what they're teaching, and they won't tell me. They just say it's Kempo.

Okay, what kind of kempo?

Kempo.

"Why don't you come in and see."
"Well I'm not exactly in the same state right now. That would be kindof hard."

So I did some searching around, and turns out they used to be Temple Kung Fu, but they split off or something. LOL

EarthDragon
07-02-2006, 06:27 AM
can u say cookie cutter fu?

their the worst, especially thier late night commecrials where the guy is meditating in a japanese gi, then beats up 4 guys at once who all attack him 1 at a time.

zengrasshopper
07-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah

I saw those ads when I was a kid, then years later I when was thinking about seriously about starting in MA and I saw the ad on TV again. The one of Simon on the bridge.

I signed up the next day.

10 years later I finally saw the light...

www.zenshack.net/martialarts/mohkempo.htm (http://www.zenshack.net/martialarts/mohkempo.htm)

David Jamieson
07-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah

I saw those ads when I was a kid, then years later I when was thinking about seriously about starting in MA and I saw the ad on TV again. The one of Simon on the bridge.

I signed up the next day.

10 years later I finally saw the light...

sweet jebas!!! you wasted 10 years of your life with simons bogus stuff?

too bad. bet you're put off on a lot of martial arts now.

here's my advice, if you want that bad taste out of your mouth, go to a school that trains in reality based combat and uses non compliancy and pressure testing to validate techniques and training methods.

Otherwsie, you'll wind up in some nebulous track of "secrets" and cryptic mumbo jumbo that will continue to waste your time on the planet.

If it can't be shown to work, it likely doesn't.

zengrasshopper
07-05-2006, 11:20 AM
It wasn't a total loss,

I met my wife there and made some lasting friendships...

David Jamieson
07-05-2006, 11:23 AM
It wasn't a total loss,

I met my wife there and made some lasting friendships...

yeah me too at the last job I had. But I'd rather get some kungfu training from a kungfu school. The side benefits aren't why I would sign up for the main course.

Banjos_dad
07-05-2006, 11:34 AM
neilhytholt,
if you're looking for instruction in Seattle WA, you ought to get in touch with Three Harmonies, he just moved up there.
I caught some of his seminar last month as he was fixing to leave town (albuquerque).
just from what i saw in the 1 day i went to the seminar i can tell you, he is def. the real deal, and the atmosphere in class is great. he's constantly joking around, but he is for real. Knows killer applications of every single move in the form... and they are kick ass applications, not baloney karate type stuff. it really opened my eyes.

in fact it was way more than i could absorb in that time frame, i took myself out of the seminar because i never did mantis before & i was a drag on the class, slowing it down lol :o
i would have signed up for his classes then and there but like i mentioned he was in the process of moving up North so no dice.
at least check him out up there, he is Mr. Jake Burroughs, his school is Three Harmonies and he is regged as Three Harmonies here at this forum too.
he definitely walks the walk and has plenty practical experience applying what he knows.

zengrasshopper
07-07-2006, 04:30 PM
History of Olaf Simon & Moh Kempo

http://zenshack.net/martialarts/olafsimonhistory.htm

:p