PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Mantis Quarterly Conference

Three Harmonies
06-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Just spoke with Steve Cottrell and we are a go for the 2nd annual Mantis Gathering 2006 October 21-22, 2006 Las Vegas NV. A "Meeting of the Mantids" if you will ;) !
So far we have the following confirmed to participate and present:
Hu Xi Lin
Steve Cottrell
Tony Puyot
Steve Baugh
Mike Desargo
Jake Burroughs
We have invited several distinguished Mantis Players from China, Europe, and here in N. America but we are waiting for confirmations from them! Steve could not confirm this, but the rumor is that Zhang Lian Bao is applying for a visa to visit the States for the first time, solely to support the Mantis Conference!!! But that is merely scuttle bug!
I checked into tickets and they are running on average $250-300 round trip for the US. Prices from Vancouver BC were $400-600 US! Steve is working out the details for hotel and what not as we speak.
I hope to see you all there in Vegas this year. With the DVD coming out, and the proliferation of Mantis throughout the world, these exchange's like the Mantis Conference, will do nothing less than strengthen the community and open relationship's in an effort to share our knowledge of the art we love! Be there!!!!!!!

Cheers
Jake :D

18elders
07-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Did you say DVD????

When?????????????????///

Three Harmonies
07-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Soon grasshopper, patience! I was told it is at the mass production place, so I imagine within the month! **** guys, you all were there so you k now what you did. The quality is second to none! Trust me you will be happy!
Cheers
Jake :cool:

TaichiMantis
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Anyone from taiji tanglang invited/participating?

Three Harmonies
07-03-2006, 02:20 PM
This event is open to anyone to come and participate. As for the complete list of instructors, we have invited folks from throughout the Mantis spectrum to present this year. I have listed the confirmed teachers above. Of course we cannot invite everyone, so it all starts with those who support the MQ and the various events and seminars that are held throughout the world.
Like I said we have invited other teachers, but are waiting for confirmation. The MQ conference makes 0 money, so the teachers that support this endeavor volunteer their time, money, and sharing nature to this event. And that is (unfortunately) not to every teachers liking.
As for participating, there will be a nominal fee (last year I think it was $25 or something) to cover all expenses, but other than that no charges or dues or fees!! Hell of a deal when you are talking about over 10 hours of instruction from top teachers in the art!
Hope to see you all there!
Cheers

Three Harmonies
07-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Here is the site of Mr. Robert Baugh (our host and presenter) in Vegas www.lvlohans.com I believe he is of Taiji Tanglang Lineage under Kam Yuen.
Enjoy,