PDA

View Full Version : OT: Kung Fu and Relationship

SPJ
07-03-2006, 08:29 AM
If you have to dedicate sometime to Kung Fu practice, it is part of your life.

When you start a relationship, it is understood in the beginning.

If you practice Tai Chi for health and conditioning, --

If you have Kung Fu, people would say you have to be careful, so that you do not hurt people.

--

Kung Fu should not or would not interfere with your social life and other daily activities? or would it?

-

:D

SPJ
07-03-2006, 08:32 AM
I have a couple of friends in east LA.

One would go to shooting range nearby and practice hand gun, shot gun etc.

Another would go to a club and practice shooting the arrow.

--

They have good relationships with others. kids, family, friends etc.

:D

SPJ
07-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Yes. If you have some kind of "fighting" skills, people may not argue with you or cut short the conversation, --

But if they know you for personality and characters first,--

I think most of veterans from wars or services or police, they do have family and raise kids dun they?

--

:)

SPJ
07-03-2006, 08:38 AM
I do go out to "Dim Sum" with my friends.

I dun care if they are good at firing handguns or shooting arrows.

:p

BoulderDawg
07-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Right or wrong, sometimes when you tell people you pratice a martial art they see you as a violent person.

I don't know many ways to change this. I guess you just have to chose your friends carefully.

Now that said there is a certain grain of truth in the above statement. We have several people in our school (one is a cop) who's only purpose of being there is to learn how to hurt people......Don't know of any way to change this either!:(

David Jamieson
07-03-2006, 09:04 AM
well, simply don't talk about it I guess.

I mean, people don't really care for the most part anyway about Kungfu.

It's a thing that attracts very few people to actually undertake learning and practice.

For the rest it's a bunch of cryptic mumbo jumbo.

I ususally reserve what I say about MA for likeminded peeps like yourselves, I still have a few friends who have no idea I practice.

neilhytholt
07-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Some people don't seem to have a problem with it. Like my best friend from high school, we used to train. So I went to visit him about a year ago, and he hadn't trained in years, so I showed him some techniques from people who are attacking you from behind.

His kids were there, and his wife, and I went back 6 months later and they decided to enroll their 2 kids in karate (dad still doesn't train, though, doesn't have the time).

But other people I've met martial arts is just a total deal killer. I have no idea why.