PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard of these guys?

blur
06-04-2001, 03:00 PM
Waysun Liao
http://www.taichitaocenter.com/

or

Wai Lun Choi
http://www.liuhopafa.com/

I have heard nothing but good things about both of these instructors. Has anyone heard otherwise?

count
06-04-2001, 03:03 PM
Both the guys are GREAT teachers.

Water Dragon
06-04-2001, 03:28 PM
Choi, without a doubt.

Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

blur
06-04-2001, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the repiles. I am trying to decide between the two of them.

Water Dragon,

Why would you choose Choi over Liao?

MonkeySlap Too
06-04-2001, 07:18 PM
Lemme see...CHOI.

Liao is pretty good too, but I have met a lot of long time Liao guys and I do not think he is open in his teaching. I have yet to meet one that can do anything like he does. (Years ago, when I was a pup only studying judo, he put me through a wall to demonstrate something. I thought that was so-o-o-o cool.)

Choi on the other hand has become very open and is a great teacher. I have played with his students, and some of them are excellent fighters (hi Mike) and truly worthy.

I'd basically pick Choi. -- although no disrespect to Liao.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

Water Dragon
06-04-2001, 07:21 PM
I am biased because of Politics. Choose Choi because he's good. I wont comment on Liao for the simple fact that my opinion is biased. There are a LOT of people who love Liao's stuff.

Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

count
06-04-2001, 07:32 PM
If you just want to focus on Tai Chi Chuan go with Liao but if you want all the good stuff, go with Choi. What style are you interested in?

blur
06-04-2001, 07:54 PM
What style are you interested in?

Tai Chi and Pa Kua

swmngdragn
06-07-2001, 07:08 AM
If your interested in the internal arts, you have no choice but to go and train under Master Choi. There is no comparison in skills between Lio , and Choi. Regardless of what style you're interested in.

Best regards,
R. Drake Sansone
(swmngdragn@home.
com)
http://www.liuhopafa.co
m/
"Train, or go to hell."
Terry W.

brassmonkey
06-07-2001, 07:58 AM
There's an interesting story on Liao in BK Frantzis's book if you have it.

count
06-07-2001, 04:06 PM
I have never met Laio but his students I have met demonstrate a high level of internal and the same is true of BK Frantzis's students I have met. I would be curious about the story brassmonkey, since I have no desire to purchase this book. Is it critical or complimentary towards Liao? Since I haven't met or trained with these guys directly I could not comfortably suggest a person study with them. But since you are also interested in Bagua, Choi is definately tops in Chicago not to mention his Liu Ho Pa Fa. I have met Master Choi on several occasions since I studied some Lama Crane from one of his long time students and I will say he is a top shelf teacher and a really good person. Check him out!

Drake, How's the Liu Ho Pa Fa going? Is Choi teaching any good lama guys? I have to come and visit next time I am in Chicago.