PDA

View Full Version : You are invited to study Korean Kung Fu

Steronius
07-05-2006, 06:30 PM
The School of Chung Moo Kwan Sib Pal Gee (Korean Kung Fu) Association wishes to invite new and continuing students of all ages and experience to study at our headqarters located at

7613 Fourth Street
Marrero, Louisiana 70072

Phone: 504-328-6345

Classes are Mon, Tue, ?Wed?, and Fri.

Children's classes are 3:30pm to 5pm
Adult Classes are 6:30pm to 8pm

Sib Pal Gee -- 18 Methods (sometimes called 18 Weapons) is a Korean lineage of Kung Fu. In particular it includes methods used in Shaolin Long Fist, Plum Flower Mantis, Bagua, Chin-Na, and Korean style kicking.

Classes are being instructed by Master Chun Dai Soung's assistant instructor who is a 3rd Dan in the system and 6th Dan in TaeKwonDo.

A short bio for Grandmaster Chun can be found in The Mantis Cave:
http://www.geocities.com/mantiscave/chundai.htm

Steronius
07-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Because of the distance from my home I attend class once a week and home study (group) once a week. If you schedule a date, I will make certain to attend also.

SBonzak
07-06-2006, 08:12 PM
What relationship, if any, do you still have with the Lu Shui-tian line of bagua from Korea? Thanks.

-Steve

Steronius
07-06-2006, 09:58 PM
I can not answer that but I understand that Grandmaster Chun and Grandmaster Park were students of Lu Shui-tian where GM Chun was the above rank. However I understand GM Park's interest was solely in Bagua.

Also GM Chun regards No Soo Chun as his GM -- a picture of him is on the wall between the flags.

I personally have been shown very few basic bagua movements. However I watch Bagua videos at any opportunity. But have not necessarily perfomed much 'official' Bagua

Our forms are very KungFu-ish, but my studies will likely continue to include a seepage of bagua information.