SPJ
07-05-2006, 09:21 PM
http://www.china-window.com/china_culture/martial_arts/martial-ethics.shtml

anything to add?

comment?

:D

viper
07-05-2006, 11:20 PM
For me one of my ethics is to believe in myself because of the skills i have its my duty to believe in the skills im given and to use the to the best of my abilty maybe its in there. "self confidence" and taking responsablity for my actions.

TaiChiBob
07-06-2006, 04:41 AM
Greetings..

Morals are a bit subjective, but essential for social and individual harmony.. absence of morals leaves the antiquated Darwinian concept of "survival of the fittest" as the guiding principle.. Science has determined that environmental adaptation (harmony with nature) is the primary motivator for change in systems, large and small.. So, harmony, as more reliable insuror of preservation establishes codes of behavior that promote its purpose, survival.. more of the species will survive in harmony with nature and each other, than will survive under "survival of the fittest" principles..

Sadly, moral codes that conflict with each other due to cultural or geographic or religious differences seldom have the vision to resolve conflict through negotiation and adaptation, fear drives the solution to conflict.. Still, pursuit of harmony is more likely to insure a higher survival rate than other more contentious principles..

Be well...

Ray Pina
07-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Love......

David Jamieson
07-06-2006, 06:48 AM
It's a bit vague don't you think?

There's not much there that is clearly defined and as noted, it seems highly subjective in the way it is layed out.

too much room for interpretation not enough room for active participation by all parties concerned.