PDA

View Full Version : Looking for school/style ...

Ou Ji
07-09-2006, 10:53 AM
... that doesn't have a questionable background, false claims, shady characters, infighting, fanciful techniques, etc.

Anybody out there just train, fight and leave the drama to late night TV?

:p

Royal Dragon
07-09-2006, 12:13 PM
No................................................ .................................................. .............................

SPJ
07-09-2006, 01:32 PM
ultimately, whatever you do is your style.

SPJ
07-09-2006, 01:36 PM
... that doesn't have a questionable background, false claims, shady characters, infighting, fanciful techniques, etc.

Anybody out there just train, fight and leave the dram to late night TV?

1. background: just say what you have learned and practiced.

2. never claim.

3. characters. be yourself.

4. politics unavoidable, just have everything out in the open, people will know what is what and who is who.

5. usually, the simple techniques are the most effective and yet most difficult to master.

:D

Pork Chop
07-09-2006, 04:17 PM

Anybody out there just train, fight and leave the dram to late night TV?

muay thai from a muay thai coach

David Jamieson
07-09-2006, 04:29 PM
muay thai from a muay thai coach

You're just trying to be controversial. :p

Pork Chop
07-10-2006, 07:45 AM
You're just trying to be controversial. :p

well he didn't say it had to be chinese :D

i've said it before, a lot of the muay thai inside-fighting, "dirty tricks" that I learned from my old thai coaches (khun kao from here as well as danny- a thai) were some of my favorite applications from kung fu. People who think it's just push kicks, round kicks, knees, elbows, and bad boxing are in for a rude awakening should they ever go over there.

Shaolindynasty
07-10-2006, 07:56 AM
well he didn't say it had to be chinese

i've said it before, a lot of the muay thai inside-fighting, "dirty tricks" that I learned from my old thai coaches (khun kao from here as well as danny- a thai) were some of my favorite applications from kung fu. People who think it's just push kicks, round kicks, knees, elbows, and bad boxing are in for a rude awakening should they ever go over there.

Ok, but there are allot of shady characters involved with muay thai fighting. As well as any other professional fighting sport.

Pork Chop
07-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Ok, but there are allot of shady characters involved with muay thai fighting. As well as any other professional fighting sport.

that's just the promoters :p