PDA

View Full Version : physical dependence on internal arts? Are the health effects a fake?

Kaitain(UK)
06-05-2001, 05:27 PM
Do you find all your old injuries start playing up if you stop training for more than a weekend?

I had a severe back injury from my MT time that taiji cleared up - but if I break from training for any length of time the pain starts up again.

I kind of feel like it's a con - I will be pain free as long as I keep training. Are all the health benefits as temporary as this?

"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"

bearpaw
06-06-2001, 11:25 AM
Your body acts as a capitor as far as Qi is concerned. Since Qi is "energy of movement". If you "charge" up with Qi though trained and then break with training the Qi built up in you slowly disapates. Find another way of gaining Qi, meditation, what you eat will effect your Qi. Some foods give more then others. Also Qi may leak from one person to another, if you have high amounts of Qi and touch some one with very low amounts then some of our QI may transfer to them. This is way some people will feel phyiscaly sick around certin other people. Have too little or too much Qi then your body is use will make you sick.

Braden
06-06-2001, 11:36 PM
Yes, you must keep training at least a little bit, regularly, in order to maintain the health benefits.

I don't see how this is a "con" though. If you lift weights hard for a year then stop completely, do you expect those muscles to stay in the same shape? Can you eat healthy for a couple months, then go on a strict donut and bacon diet and expect to feel the same?

GLW
06-07-2001, 12:42 AM
Good one Braden....

donuts and bacon...sounds like a dream come true for Homer J. Simpson.

Wongsifu
06-07-2001, 12:48 AM
the best way i can find to describe it is that what you say is a hundread percent true however in the beginning the chi flows through the problem so the pain is masked or cushioned when you stop training the pain comes back, If you train constantly though the extra chi will fix the problem and even if you dont practise your body part will be ok

Ive finally done it I can train longer by getting paid to do nothing , and my parents always called me lazy :)
get paid online http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid=2475225

Qiman
06-07-2001, 06:51 AM
Ok I don't doubt the Qi effect at all. However, some people with bad backs just don't tolerate inactivity. If you say, switched to Tao Bo or swimming. You would continue to enjoy the pain reduction or (avoidance) if that is what you think is happening.

-------------------------I am fortunate to have a teacher to correct my foolish ways......Qiman

Kaitain(UK)
06-07-2001, 10:33 AM
Brandon especially put it in the right perspective

"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"