PDA

View Full Version : Real Kung Fu "all levels need apply"

Sifu Darkfist
07-11-2006, 11:24 PM
The 10th Annual Wutang Tournament In Honor Of Grand Master Liu Yun Qiao The Student Of Great Grandmaster Li Shu Wen "magic Spear Li".
This Open Competiton Is There For All Styles And Flavors To Prove Their Value.

It Is Only At This Type Of Tournament That International Recognition Can Be Invoked.

MY Form On The Free Videos Page Is From This Event In 2005, There Is No More Inviting Feeling Than The Best Being There To Help You Obtain The Greatest Gains

Oct 14 In Akron Ohio " Home Of The Original Gung Fu Brawlers"

mooyingmantis
07-12-2006, 02:19 AM
I would highly recommend this tournament. Shifu Yang Shu-ton does a fine job of bringing out some of the best judges and competitors for this tourney.
Though I am not a part of Shifu Yang's lineage, his abilities and reputation and those of his students are well-known in our area.

Richard A. Tolson

Chizica
07-12-2006, 04:01 AM
Though I was a kung fu n00b at the time and didn't fare very well, it is a great opportunity to go and see some of the TCMA masters in action. I highly recommend going, even if you don't plan on participating.

viper
07-12-2006, 06:07 AM
I just recently competed for australia if i could get to america to do this i would in a heart beat

Oso
07-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Sifu D, I'll put it on our calendar. We're going to one in August but it's close so we should be able to get up there in Oct.

Is there a website with reg and travel info?

Matt

Sifu Darkfist
07-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Good to hear from all of you. I am sure my Master will be thrilled at the wonderful comments you have shared. As far as information is concerned i will get the info up ASAP on my site, hopefully my masters web developer is prompt as well.

If you want info mailed to you email Me or My Master (through our websites)
Schools that want special directions or have needs to make the Trip more pleasant, be aware that i will do every thing i am able to help you enjoy.

Sifu Matt, Let me know what you need you were thoroughly accomodating in Asheville and I would love too have the chance to repay this two fold.
James

Oso
07-12-2006, 06:41 PM
ya mon, you need to have a good beer spot picked out. ;)

I'll really try to make this event...might not be able to bring more than 2-3 folks but will do what I can.

yu shan
08-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Dug this one back up... anyone going to this? The airfare to Cleveland is not that bad so I think I might go. It will be a good opportunity to see what this kung fu in the Akron area is all about, and hopefully get in some training with Mike Biggie.

Richard you going? I have a kf brother in PA. that I might get over to see, he might not be interested in the tourney.

mooyingmantis
08-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Dug this one back up... anyone going to this? The airfare to Cleveland is not that bad so I think I might go. It will be a good opportunity to see what this kung fu in the Akron area is all about, and hopefully get in some training with Mike Biggie.

Richard you going? I have a kf brother in PA. that I might get over to see, he might not be interested in the tourney.

Jim,
If I am not working that weekend I will be there. If you and your peeps need a place to stay I can help you out if you want to sleep at my kwoon. It's not the Ritz, but its free.
Richard

Yao Sing
08-24-2006, 04:17 PM
yu shan
Let me know when you're going to PA. Been meaning to get up there but times have been tough.

yu shan
08-25-2006, 06:20 AM
Thank you Richard, I`m traveling solo that weekend. Very kind of you to make this offer. I really need to travel low dough on this trip, money is a premium.

I hear ya Yao, I think everybody`s got it a little ruff right now. PM me on who you are going to visit in PA. I respect my friends privacy.

Sifu Darkfist
08-27-2006, 07:43 PM
If you guys (as in sifus Matt, Kevin and you or others) are coming and would like comped email me i will do my best to put you up personally. I enjoy your company.
I have 7 fighters that will be rooming in the city as well as myself. The rooms will be figured out in groups (i am coming from 40 miles away and am far to involved to drive back and forth).

Also, that saturday night, right after the tourney we are planning on going to the college bars (my school U of Akron) in downtown akron. I am sure you will all find them pleasing in several different ways. So tell the fighters to wear extra bandages (for that florence nightingale effect i know i spelled it wrong).

The San shou will be fun, as well as a great learning experience due to the usual high turnout. This year grapplers will also enjoy center stage giving All of those that want to build a ground game a good chance to do so.

I would really like to treat Kevin to a nice dinner if he would like to attend as well let him know if he is too busy to read the forum

James

K.Brazier
08-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi SDF,
Thank you for the kind offer of fighting and fun.

Oct 14 In Akron Ohio " Home Of The Original Gung Fu Brawlers"

Happens to be my birthday. As it is now the chances of showing up there for this event are not too high. I hope that others of Peng Lai such as Matt and Jim and some of their students can make it and learn from what will be a great experience.

Kevin

Oso
08-30-2006, 06:57 PM
James, I'm afraid I'm not going to make it. The move of my school into bigger (more expensive) digs and resigning my full time job means I need to tighten the belt and stay close to home. Sorry, bro. Wanted to make it.:(