PDA

View Full Version : Red Man Gear

Water Dragon
07-12-2006, 07:25 PM
http://www.redmangear.com/training.jhtml

I saw this link on the pad holding thread, and this may be the greatest thing for traditional artists in a long time. This thing allows you to train self defense, all out. This takes away the whole 'too deadly' argument.

Now, I know this may become a can of worms, but train this and you're still not going to beat a fighter. A fighter simply trains harder, and trains in a more alive manner. He has someone throwing full bore at him.

However, the majority of people who do martial arts, don't really want to fight. Thay want to learn some realistic self defense without getting beat up themselves. This thing looks like it may be an answer to that problem.

hskwarrior
07-12-2006, 07:27 PM
yeah,

I fell in love with it when my classmate took it from work to let us use it for a while.

although it's on the expensive side, i feel it's well worth the money.

hsk

BigPandaBear
07-12-2006, 07:31 PM
http://www.redmangear.com/training.jhtml

I saw this link on the pad holding thread, and this may be the greatest thing for traditional artists in a long time. This thing allows you to train self defense, all out. This takes away the whole 'too deadly' argument.

Now, I know this may become a can of worms, but train this and you're still not going to beat a fighter. A fighter simply trains harder, and trains in a more alive manner. He has someone throwing full bore at him.

However, the majority of people who do martial arts, don't really want to fight. Thay want to learn some realistic self defense without getting beat up themselves. This thing looks like it may be an answer to that problem.

That could really revolutionize the training within all the traditional arts.

The thing is; How many schools can actually afford such gear?

Water Dragon
07-12-2006, 07:37 PM
That could really revolutionize the training within all the traditional arts.

The thing is; How many schools can actually afford such gear?

wtf? Have you seen the fees the silk pajame set usually charges? It's outrageous I tell you, outrageous.

Oso
07-12-2006, 08:30 PM
wtf? Have you seen the fees the silk pajame set usually charges? It's outrageous I tell you, outrageous.

unfair...I'm just keeping up with the starched gi, ninja dance party set.
:(