PDA

View Full Version : Zhang Ke Zhi's Hong Quan

Furis
07-14-2006, 04:33 AM
Hey there, first time poster here.

Just wondering if anyone knows of the differences between Lam Family Hong Quan (Hung Ga / Hung Kuen or however you want to spell it ;) ) and the Hong Quan that Zhang Ke Zhi (張克治) taught in Taiwan?

Taken from: http://kongfu.org/english/En_Document.htm

However, most Hong Quan practitioners in Taiwan have probably been trained by Mr. Zhang Ke-Zhi ( 張克治 ). Hong Quan taught by Mr. Zhang Ke-Zhi is very different from the Guangdong school. Currently, there are many trainers teaching Mr. Zhang Ke-Zhi's Hong Quan, for example, Mr. You Shao-Lan ( 尤少嵐 ) of Shaolin Hong Quan Association R.O.C. and Dr. Lu Wen-Cheng ( 盧文琛 ) in Zhongli. Unofficial documentation documented the lineage of Hong Quan as the following: Grand Master Hong Xi-Guan ( 洪熙官 ) → Hong Wen-Ding ( 洪文定 ) → Lu A-Cai ( 陸阿彩 ) → Huang Qi-Ying ( 黃麒英 ) → Huang Fei-Hong ( 黃飛鴻 ) → Lin Jia-Kun ( 林家坤 ) → Zhang Ke-Zhi ( 張克治 ).

Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Furis

chasincharpchui
07-14-2006, 07:56 AM
do u mean lam sai wing hung kune wen u say lam family hung kune?

coz majority of hong kong hung kune is passed down from wong fei hung to lam sai wing

which is ur lineage aswell

thats all i know bout hong kong hung kune

Furis
07-16-2006, 11:59 PM
Thanks for correcting me on that chasincharpchui. :)

Ok, now reading a bit closer into that article, it says: Hong Quan taught by Mr. Zhang Ke-Zhi is very different from the Guangdong school.

That was more the difference I was wondering about though (I had just mixed the words up) :eek:

chasincharpchui
07-17-2006, 12:42 AM
okay

wong fei hung -> lam sai wing lineage teaches "Gung Ji Fook Fu"

whereas other lineages teach " Sam Sin Fook Fu, and Lor Hon Fook Fu"

does ur school teach the other 2 Fook Fu versions?

Furis
07-17-2006, 05:14 AM
Ok, my knowledge of the names in cantonese isn't that great (as our teacher comes from taiwan and has given us the mandarin names), so I don't reconise the other two. Our school does teach Gung Ji Fook Fu (Gong zhi fu hu quan), and also Wu Qing Hu (Five element tiger).

What are the names "Sam Sin Fook Fu", and "Lor Hon Fook Fu" in mandarin (if you know, or english translations would probably help).

Thanks for your help so far. :)

chasincharpchui
07-17-2006, 05:38 AM
lor hon fook fu = luo han fu hu

dunno bout sam sin fook fu

coz i only heard bout these forms from like an interview on the net, and i dont do hung kune