View Full Version : Did a search on an old teachers name

KC Elbows
07-14-2006, 09:19 AM
While this isn't actually my old teacher, I felt this important to share:

http://www.myspace.com/tommcgee

KC Elbows
07-14-2006, 09:28 AM
I love his list of favorite movies:

"****tail, Roadhouse, Backdraft, Down the Parascope, Tango and Cash, The Graduate, Network, Tootsie, Young guns one and two, Days of Thunder, Badboys"

Before this day, I was not even close to capable of thinking of Tango and Cash and The Graduate in the some moment, much less list them side by side. Tom McGee rocks!

Another website suggests that this was set up by people who had dealt with him at their news networks. I'm wondering if this guy served as the motivation for the anchorman movie.

Oso
07-14-2006, 09:35 AM
i work at a school that has decreed 'myspace' to be 'malicious' and so I can't see.

who is Tom Mcgee?

KC Elbows
07-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Oh dear God!

"This was a different time. A time when artists such as myself were more concerned with developing our craft than the menial tasks of grooming or properly cleaning ourselves."

KC Elbows
07-14-2006, 09:39 AM
i work at a school that has decreed 'myspace' to be 'malicious' and so I can't see.

who is Tom Mcgee?

Well, he was a chung moo quan instructor back in the day, ran the Chitown area for a while, but this guy was apparently a news anchor from Charleston so legendary for his drunken antics that people from the area apparently made a "MySpace" about him as if he were a womanizing swinger who dominated the airwaves through the power of his testosterone.

So, pretty much, the link proves your employers correct.

David Jamieson
07-14-2006, 09:41 AM
His favourite music list reads like the last 4 pages of a teen tiger beat magazine circa 1978.

yeesh, self important nobody or what? lol

Oso
07-14-2006, 09:43 AM
ok, duh, i get it...you looked for and old teacher with the same name as the news anchor....

there was some news locally about 4 months ago where a kid at a school in the next county was being stalked via myspace. it caused a knee jerk reaction in most of the schools here where they are blocking access to myspace on school computers.

i'm glad they don't look too closely at KFM...i'd have to quit.

KC Elbows
07-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Example: According to his blog, he was fired from his last anchor position for seeking to tear down a wall between his dressing room and the rec room because people preferred to "do him in the rec room", and he felt it was simply better for all involved if he did not have to switch rooms to lay down the Tom McGee love.

Oso
07-14-2006, 10:34 AM
LOL. over the top but funny.

IronFist
07-14-2006, 02:10 PM
The song on that guy's page reminds me of the chord progression on one of the characters' songs in Chrono Trigger. I can't remember which one, but I know it, because I was singing the CT song along with the one playing on that page. Someone here has to know what I'm talking about.

Wait, it's Robo's theme. Here's a .mid of it:

http://www.geocities.com/area51/shire/9663/midis/2300ad/robo.mid

Let the song start before you disagree with me. Learn the melody from Robo's song and then go sing it over top of the song playing on that guy's page.

omg how right am I?

KC Elbows
07-14-2006, 02:31 PM
You know, I had my volume down when I looked at that site before. LOL!!!

chud
07-14-2006, 10:48 PM
A little more info about him and the station where he worked: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WQCW

Hilarious stuff. :D

KC Elbows
07-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Other staffers were paid in food coupons at a nearby Chinese restaurant.

This just keeps getting better.