PDA

View Full Version : does anyone here train with grandmaster neal?

csckungfuguy
07-16-2006, 01:06 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/shao_lin/

anyone know of this school and its lineage?

just curious. thanks for any answers!

B-Rad
07-16-2006, 07:11 AM
First impressions tell me he's either a conman, or he got taken by a little old Chinese conman :p. Could be wrong, but I kind of doubt it in this case.

On an unrelated note, that also has to be one of the most unprofessional and difficult to read webpages I've ever seen :eek: It's just aweful...

Royal Dragon
07-16-2006, 08:09 AM
The "Kung Fu Karate" thing makes me skeptical. Sounds like kempo guys re marketing to me. You would have to see the curriculem to know for sure.

David Jamieson
07-16-2006, 10:06 AM
the words "shaolin" and "karate" go together like milk and borax.

and if the martial arts is anything like the web savvy, i would say "flashing red light flashing red light!" :p

csckungfuguy
07-16-2006, 04:33 PM
the only reason i ask is he claims to teach a lot of the same material as shaolindo or central shaolin...i agree though his site is certainly suspect!

MasterKiller
07-16-2006, 07:56 PM
The overwhelming number of mullets on that site are proof enough to me he ripped off Sin's material.

Golden Tiger
07-17-2006, 07:36 AM
The overwhelming number of mullets on that site are proof enough to me he ripped off Sin's material.

Yep, looks like everything he teaches and most of what he writes was "borrowed" from SD.

Judge Pen
07-17-2006, 07:39 AM
the words "shaolin" and "karate" go together like milk and borax.

and if the martial arts is anything like the web savvy, i would say "flashing red light flashing red light!" :p

Like Shorin ryu?

Shaolindynasty
07-17-2006, 07:53 AM
No not like shorin ryu because Shaolin and Karate are two different languages. Shorin ryu is "shaolin School" translated into japanese.

MasterKiller
07-17-2006, 08:15 AM
WEAPONS

BO STAFF
SHORT STICK
SINGLE BROADSWORD
SAI
KWAN-TAO
TIGER HOOK SWORDS
SPEAR
T'AI CHI SWORD
(SEVEN SECTION) CHAIN WHIP
BUTTERFLY KNIVES
(NINE SECTION) CHAIN WHIP
DOUBLE AXES
THREE SECTION STAFF
ROPE DART
DOUBLE BROADSWORD
NUNCHAKU
TIGER FORK
KAMA
TONFA
FAY TIAN-CHI
FAN
KNIFE, SPRING AND AUTUMN
DAGGER
UMBRELLA-CANE
ANIMAL FORMS / MATERIAL

TIGER / LEOPARD
CRANE / BIRD
PRAYING MANTIS
MONKEY
SNAKE
DRAGON
HORSE
PHOENIX
SHAOLIN BIRD
BEAR
EAGLE
DEER
TAI CHI CHUAN
PA KUA CHANG
IE CHING CHING
SAN NJIE CHIEN / HSING IE CHIEN
MATERIAL

SELF-DEFENSE TECHNIQUE'S
SHORT KATA'S
SPARING TECHNIQUE'S
KUMITE (ONE STEP SPARING TECHNIQUE'S)
READY STANCE (R.S.) / BO STANCE (B.S.) / HORSE STANCE (H.S.) / CAT STANCE (C.S.)

What would this be, like a 1st or 2nd black in SD?

Judge Pen
07-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Yep around 2nd black plus some extra stuff he must have picked up here and there.

TenTigers
07-17-2006, 02:26 PM
wow, he teaches the tai-chi sword. I bet he wears tai-chi slippers too. -always a good sign.

tattooedmonk
07-17-2006, 03:31 PM
...that was the sorriest sack of **** I have ever seen..some body put this guy and his student out of their misery..total ****ing conman..what a joke ....definitely 2nd black or less in shaolin do

Zhijian Tsui
07-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Just looking at the lame web site would put me off taking a look into the school.