PDA

View Full Version : great seminar

jkdninja
07-17-2006, 08:41 AM
If you were not able to attend the JKD seminar held by Sifu Lamar Davis you truley missed out. It was the best 4 hours for the LOW LOW price that he charged. Hope any and all can attend the next one I will keep you posted. Check out the pics on his web page http://www.hardcorejkd.com/

Kent

couch
07-17-2006, 11:25 AM
If you were not able to attend the JKD seminar held by Sifu Lamar Davis you truley missed out. It was the best 4 hours for the LOW LOW price that he charged. Hope any and all can attend the next one I will keep you posted. Check out the pics on his web page http://www.hardcorejkd.com/

Kent

I really do like the concise definition of JKD on the website!

-----------
Wing Chun Gung Fu still remained the nucleus of the system, but techniques and theories from other fighting arts were added to the formula. Bruce Lee liked the way that the fencer quickly and non-telegraphically closed the distance on his opponent. So some footwork, attack and defense theory were taken from fencing. Bruce Lee liked the way that the boxer got his whole body into the punch, moved around lightly and quickly, and successfully evaded incoming punches. So body mechanics, footwork and evasive tactics were taken from boxing. Bruce Lee also broadened his kicking arsenal by researching several methods of kicking. He came up with his own unique way of kicking, which was very fast and direct! There may have been a few more elements, but it is safe to say that Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do consists primarily of Wing Chun Gung Fu, fencing, boxing and Bruce Lee's own unique way of kicking.
----------

...maybe cuz I like my WC. :)

Best,
Kenton

jkdninja
07-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Yes Sifu Davis teaches that JKD has the foundation of Jun Fan WC. We do chi sao and sil lim tao as well as other WC forms. When you add the boxing and fencing parts this gives you Jun Fan JKD. He does not mix his teachings with other arts and thus you have HARD CORE JKD and not just the concepts. You really need to try to get to a seminar. It'll be worth it.

Kent

couch
07-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Yes Sifu Davis teaches that JKD has the foundation of Jun Fan WC. We do chi sao and sil lim tao as well as other WC forms. When you add the boxing and fencing parts this gives you Jun Fan JKD. He does not mix his teachings with other arts and thus you have HARD CORE JKD and not just the concepts. You really need to try to get to a seminar. It'll be worth it.

Kent

T'woud be nice...one day. Would like to train in NY or Cali first. I live in Western Canada. That's like 4 states down and on the other side of North America!

One day...or I'll have him(the instructor) up here.

Best,
Kenton

jkdninja
07-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Sifu Davis might be having a seminar in California. This might be closer for you. During the last conference we had a couple of guys drive from Montreal to attend. Check his web site or this one for updates.Kent

chud
07-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Yes Sifu Davis teaches that JKD has the foundation of Jun Fan WC. We do chi sao and sil lim tao as well as other WC forms.

I have always admired Sifu Davis' JKD, being based on the strong foundation of Wing Chun. IMO that is the way Bruce would have wanted it.

jkdninja
07-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Sifu Davis is very big on pure, we call it Hardcore, JKD. No mixing in with any other style or concept with him.

Kent