PDA

View Full Version : OT: Everything is about to change

Mas Judt
07-17-2006, 02:34 PM
http://hytechapps.com/company/press

This might be old news to some, but it's nice to see my faith in the ingenuity of man versus the pessimism of leftists get some solid support.

This looks very intriguing, and while not a panacea, certainly a good stab in the heart of the oil biz.

Creativity and new technologies. Got to love the modern world.

Crushing Fist
07-17-2006, 02:46 PM
very cool...

I saw something about Zinc Fuel Cells that looked interesting also

Whatever happened to the Wavecrest Motor?

neilhytholt
07-17-2006, 02:49 PM
And I've got some dihydrogen monoxide to sell you for the cheap, cheap price of only $1 per gallon.

Looking through this, it's a bit confusing what they're trying to sell. Looks just like standard oxygen-hydrogen split ...

They have a lot of other claims which don't seem to hold up to any evidence.

????????

Mas Judt
07-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Well, thier blowtorch is on the market and for sale...

The claim is pretty simple - I haven't dug into this yet, but why couldn't a more efficient system produce the HHO efficiently? Just because no one has done it before, doesn't mean it can't be done now.

I'd like to see the math on cost-to-make versus output.

The chemistry seems odd - but this happens all the time! Heck no one really understands friction for that matter.

My mind os open on this one. If truly what it seems to be, this technology could fuel a whole new revolution.

neilhytholt
07-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Well, thier blowtorch is on the market and for sale...

The claim is pretty simple - I haven't dug into this yet, but why couldn't a more efficient system produce the HHO efficiently? Just because no one has done it before, doesn't mean it can't be done now.

I'd like to see the math on cost-to-make versus output.

The chemistry seems odd - but this happens all the time! Heck no one really understands friction for that matter.

My mind os open on this one. If truly what it seems to be, this technology could fuel a whole new revolution.

Well, let me tell you something. Over the years, I've run into many things like this before...

A basic scientific principle, (n this case hydrogen-water splitting via electrolysis), plus a few spurious scientific claims (in this case some strange claims about different states of molecules in their gas and the nature of the gas itself), plus a marketing machine that takes off and hypes it all out of proportion.

And they usually turn into bunk... I mean, look through all their claims. Is there anything really here beyond basic water splitting? No. They just have some weird spectographic evidence and are claiming this means they have something new.

But anyway, even so, it doesn't sound like they've got anything different than basic water splitting... still requires energy to do it.

You think things will change, check out this: http://www.moller.com

Mas Judt
07-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah, well thier point was they use a lot less energy to make it happen.

This just looks likely enough, although I agree, there are many frauds out there, and this could be one too. The company bios are pretty - odd - in how they are written "Yes, I worked for a publicaly traded entity."

But, if this works, and as I said, the math works out.... very cool.

neilhytholt
07-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah, well thier point was they use a lot less energy to make it happen.

This just looks likely enough, although I agree, there are many frauds out there, and this could be one too. The company bios are pretty - odd - in how they are written "Yes, I worked for a publicaly traded entity."

But, if this works, and as I said, the math works out.... very cool.

It's not always frauds. Sometimes people just overlook and make mistakes in their data in their excitement.

For example, somebody a while back in Britain (around 1999) said they had a 98% accurate way of forecasting the stock market. Swan something. There was some mild media hype and it actually made it into some well meaning publications.

Turns out if you took a logarithmic graph of the stock market for the past 10 years before 1999, and drew a straight line, you would have forecasted it with 98% accuracy.

So they had nothing, and it all fell apart.

Then there was some company, can't remember the name, Vis something, out of Utah that had some new 'probes' method that was supposed to streamline computer code, this total new paradigm, etc.

Basically it didn't work, but that made the news as well for a while.

Common to these companies is they had some well meaning scientists, some basic research, made some fundamental errors in their thinking, some venture capitalists who spun it out of control, and a gullible media looking for stories.

So we'll see if this one doesn't fall flat on its back, but it looks like nothing at this point. If you really read what they're saying it still looks like nothing.

Mr Punch
07-18-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm not a leftist and I'm not a pessimist.

I'm a realist, and unfortunately I doubt things are about to change so much. Anyone remember the Icelandic fuel cells from five years ago? Marvelous idea, and scheduled to be in all the Icelandic fishing fleet and public vehicles by 2010 (which I think is on target) and then poised to take over the world and revolutionise transport! Primary investors: Shell I think it was. Strangely silent since.