PDA

View Full Version : 2006中國功夫vs泰國職業泰拳爭霸賽

DexinWong
07-17-2006, 05:40 PM
7月22日(星期六)晚上將會在廣州舉行,好期待哦。 :)

K.Brazier
07-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Hi All, for those who can not read chinese.
A match on July 22nd(saturday) between kungfu and thai boxing takes place in Guang Zhou. We wait with great anticipation.

Kevin

http://plumflowermantisboxing.com/

omarthefish
07-17-2006, 07:42 PM
And for those that can not write in English they have no business wasting space on an English language board.

Throwing around a few Chinese terms and all is understandable since a lot of us here enjoy that but the title and the entire content of his post? That's just dumb, rude and ignorant all wrapped up into one.

DexinWong
07-17-2006, 08:01 PM
sorry.i will try to write english words here.but my English is not good.
The GDTV sport channel(廣東體育頻道) will be live the show,and i want to konw how peoples like this? maybe i can cap this show and share it to all.

Thanks!

WanderingMonk
07-17-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah, you need to video capture them and post it on youtube or something.

gdtv.com.cn used to give away free video streaming and some real cool stuff, but now you have to register with your "national id number", passport number, foreign expert number, or some other id number certified by china's authority.

No numbers, no video for you. Next.

omarthefish
07-17-2006, 09:03 PM
sorry.i will try to write english words here.but my English is not good.
The GDTV sport channel(廣東體育頻道) will be live the show,and i want to konw how peoples like this? maybe i can cap this show and share it to all.

Thanks!

Cool!

Bad English is all good. Most American's can't speak decent English anyways.

If you can capture it and put maybe just some of the best parts up on youtube or something I'd totally love to see that.

Tadzio G.
07-17-2006, 10:09 PM
We'll be waiting for the footage.

HearWa
07-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Question. Is this just another San Shou (aka chinese muay thai) guy vs. a muay thai fighter, or would this be a guy who "dons the silk pygamas" as it could be said?

If it is in fact a traditional chinese martial artist I'd be very interested. If not who cares, really.

Also, what is the rule set and what are the fighters names?

Mr Punch
07-18-2006, 06:26 AM
And for those that can not write in English they have no business wasting space on an English language board.

Throwing around a few Chinese terms and all is understandable since a lot of us here enjoy that but the title and the entire content of his post? That's just dumb, rude and ignorant all wrapped up into one.何ってクソッ垂れ馬鹿野郎!超失礼じゃない?少なくても結局何か「功夫」に関係あるのが現れたのに お前は文句ばっかりって言ったろう。特に問題は何っなんだろう、テメー?!通訳してんじゃ!差別じゃんじゃ あ! :mad:

Thanks for the post Dexin Wong, and welcome to the board. Let us know what happens. :) And thanks for the translation K.Brazier. :)

Eddie
07-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Question. Is this just another San Shou (aka chinese muay thai)

Everyone knows san shou kicks mauy thai’s azzes ;) . How could you even compare the two :rolleyes: . Sacrilege I tell you !! :cool:

DexinWong
07-18-2006, 07:54 AM
i use google searched something about this.

http://www.dadao.net/php/prtime/upload/img/2006/07/14/0714B7-2.jpg
边茂富       朗斯科维    徐延飞

PS;边茂富is 2005年武术散打世界锦标赛冠军

http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060716/Img244277805.jpg
泰國選手“添雄”

more information you can see this:
http://dadao.net/php/prtime/temp_news.php?ArticleID=30698

gwa sow
07-18-2006, 09:24 AM
forget all the style vs. user arguments. if thai boxers get this, it just might have an edge hehe. i'm signing up :D ;)
http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060716/Img244277805.jpg.

Eddie
07-18-2006, 09:34 AM
those are nice cat stances :cool:

san shou / thaiboxing ... who cares... chicks dig fighters :D

HearWa
07-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Everyone knows san shou kicks mauy thai’s azzes ;) . How could you even compare the two :rolleyes: . Sacrilege I tell you !! :cool:
Nobody has answered my question yet. So is this a real dyed in the wool TCMA practitioner or are we looking at the billionth San Shou vs. Muay Thai fight?

DexinWong
07-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi,
It's Chinese San shou VS thaiboxing.

HearWa
07-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Well ****... and to think I thought something revolutionary (or possibly very stupid) was about to happen. :(

omarthefish
07-18-2006, 06:58 PM
何ってクソッ垂れ馬鹿野郎!超失礼じゃない?少なくても結局何か「功夫」に関係あるのが現れたのにお前は文 句ばっかりって言ったろう。特に問題は何っなんだろう、テメー?!通訳してんじゃ!差別じゃん じゃあ! :mad:

Thanks for the post Dexin Wong, and welcome to the board. Let us know what happens. :) And thanks for the translation K.Brazier. :)

I love how Japanese always looks like the character encoding was broken or something. Half of it is characters and half is "random" squiggles. Schizophrenic freaks.;)

Seconf favorite font I can't read is probably Russian. It looks like it SHOULD be the regular English alphabet but with backwards letters and stuff. I figure Russian looks like the way English must have looked to Chinese folks in the 19th century.

omarthefish
07-18-2006, 07:12 PM
i use google searched something about this.

边茂富       朗斯科维    徐延飞

PS;边茂富is 2005年武术散打世界锦标赛冠军

http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060716/Img244277805.jpg
泰國選手“添雄”

more information you can see this:
http://dadao.net/php/prtime/temp_news.php?ArticleID=30698

Just put up your **** Chinglish and get on with it already. Nobody cares if your English is poor. Insisting on writing stuff like "PS;边茂富is 2005年武术散打世界锦标赛冠军" is bad manners. At least TRY to explain what it means.

Mr Punch
07-18-2006, 07:31 PM
何ってクソッ垂れ馬鹿野郎!超失礼じゃない?少なくても結局何か「功夫」に関係あるのが現れたのにお前は文 句ばっかりって言ったろう。特に問題は何っなんだろう、テメー?!通訳してんじゃ!差別じゃん じゃあ! :mad:

Thanks for the post Dexin Wong, and welcome to the board. Let us know what happens. :) And thanks for the translation K.Brazier. :)Sorry, Omar, completely forgot to translate my post...

"What a ****-dripping idiot punk. D@mn rude aren't you? At least at last something related to kungfu has appeared, and even then you can only complain! So what exactly the **** is your problem: it was even translated! Isn't that racist? :mad:"

:D

Part j/k

I love how Japanese always looks like the character encoding was broken or something. Half of it is characters and half is "random" squiggles. Schizophrenic freaks. Yeah, odd innit? The hiragana (like たとえば) at least looks flowing... that's used for grammatical endings and some native words which don't have kanji. The katakana (like the same example: タトエバ) just looks like Matrix kind of nonsense, and is used for foreign words or often Japanese words they would prefer not to associate with themselves (now that's schizophrenic! :D ) like swearwords or something exotic.

SPJ
07-18-2006, 07:43 PM
I always put notes on Kanji or I will read it in mandarin.

such as nan, shizule, ima, o ma e wa etc.

omarthefish
07-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Sorry, Omar, completely forgot to translate my post...

"What a ****-dripping idiot punk. D@mn rude aren't you? At least at last something related to kungfu has appeared, and even then you can only complain! So what exactly the **** is your problem: it was even translated! Isn't that racist? :mad:"

Don't even try to associate these Sanda vs. Muay Thai "friendship" matches with "my" kungfu! :p Especially one with a fighter that looks like he might be Bukau standing in the middle:

If that's him them there's a Sanda guy who doesn't know it yet but is in over his head.

Anyways, the "problem" remains. It wasn't translated by the guy who posted it. It was just some other dude having fun/showing off. Posting some Chinese thing and asking for translation is one thing but just posting in a foreign language as if it didn't matter is annoying as hell. Unless the topic IS the foreign language, it's bad "nettiquette".

Is that going to be the new standard? If it is, that's cool. We can go multilingual. At least that way we can more easily get around the language sensors. We can have threads in Portuguese, Chinese, Russian (are there enough posters who speak it?). What the heck! This board is international right?

Not repeating this for you actually, more for "Dexin Wong". Maybe he's gunshy because of the way the people on Chinese boards will net-rape you for perceived English errors so he figures here on an actual English board we'll just laugh him into oblivion which is not true....ok, so maybe YOU and I will but most people don't really care how poor your English is as long as we can understand it.

TenTigers
07-18-2006, 11:03 PM
My Great grandfather's name spelled in Russian reads BOPBUK is pronounced Vorvick-which they changed to Warwick for him at Ellis Island. I wonder if Dionne Warwick spells it BOPBUK
ya think she's jewish?:rolleyes:

Eddie
07-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Just put up your **** Chinglish and get on with it already. Nobody cares if your English is poor. Insisting on writing stuff like "PS;边茂富is 2005年武术散打世界锦标赛冠军" is bad manners. At least TRY to explain what it means.

So, as ek skryf in 'n taal wat min mense hier sal verstaan, is ek eintlik 'n poephol? :cool:

try translate that ;)

Mr Punch
07-19-2006, 08:22 AM
So, as ek skryf in 'n taal wat min mense hier sal verstaan, is ek eintlik 'n poephol? :cool:

try translate that ;)How dare you say that about my mum? Stoats just don't come into it - and certainly not into her! :mad:

Eddie
07-19-2006, 09:35 AM
;) the cool thing is, I can actually swear on here without worrying about being banned :)

I said, " If I write in some language very few people on here would understand, would that make me a dumb[a$$]" :cool:
course if you're from either Belgium or Netherlands, you would probably understand

some people on this forum probably just need a holiday. Either that, or they need to get girlfriends :D

SPJ
07-19-2006, 08:02 PM
What is the difference between Chinglish and Engrish?

I am trolling the thread.

As pointed out, any other non English text should have an English text followed.

:)

gfx
07-20-2006, 09:34 PM

你说话也不必这么苛刻,英语并不是世界上唯一的语言。你的中文不是不错么,何必那么计较。
失礼のはお前なんだよ。

eng: You really shouldn't be so condescending. English isn't the only language in the world. I thought your Chinese is pretty good, why being so demanding?

You are really the one being rude.

HearWa
07-20-2006, 09:59 PM
some people on this forum probably just need a holiday. Either that, or they need to get girlfriends :D
You got a sister?:cool:

omarthefish
07-21-2006, 03:19 AM
你说话也不必这么苛刻,英语并不是世界上唯一的语言。你的中文不是不错么,何必那么计较。
失礼のはお前なんだよ。

eng: You really shouldn't be so condescending. English isn't the only language in the world. I thought your Chinese is pretty good, why being so demanding?

You are really the one being rude.

It's the language of this board ya schmuck.

Other than making jokes like Eddie did or maybe asking translation, there should be no pure Chinese posts. And yes, my Chinese is fine. I can speak and read just fine. The fact that I am completely fluent in Chinese isn't really relevant. The only think that shows is that my "demanding" nature is not based in any kind of frustration at not being able to read the post. The fact that I could read the original post without waiting for a translation doesn't mean that it was any more intelligeble to the vast majority of other posters.

As far as Eddie's comment:

I said, " If I write in some language very few people on here would understand, would that make me a dumb[a$$]"

Yes. It would. Free get out of jail free card on the post though because he was making a joke which is not the same as just showing up on an English language board posting in Chinese.

Regarding his other comment:

I am sitting around at home with too much time on my hands because I am on vavcation. I talked it over first with my girlfriend, in Chinese since she won't speak English with me, and she agreed that posting like that was being a major SB so there. :p

SPJ
07-21-2006, 07:14 AM
as far as Chinese posting along with English.

My Chinese software sucks. Sometimes it works fine. Sometimes it will not change back to English once it is turned into Chinese typing keyboard.

My pin yin sucks. My Xin Hua Han Yu Zi Dian is not always available or I am too lazy to brief thru the dictionary.

It is an English forum.

It would be nice to post something that "everyone" may understand.

:)

DexinWong
07-23-2006, 12:48 AM
I have cap the video,and now is shane it use bt software.
It's soo big.(934MB).
if u like it,download the Attach file plz,

http://www.k-o.cc/kobbs/taiquan.htm
http://gzdaily.dayoo.com/images/2006-07/23/11536225130930723A10010_b.jpg

Thank you!

omarthefish
07-23-2006, 12:55 AM
What software did you use to capture it and what format is it in? .mpg? .avi? .mov?

If you tell us then we can give you some suggestion for how to make the file smaller.

DexinWong
07-23-2006, 02:24 AM
i was use "windvr" this software capture it to SVCD,and conver to mpg.

About can play 1.5 Hour this video.(2CD)

omarthefish
07-23-2006, 03:06 AM
That's good because .mpg is really easy to work with. You should be able to import it into "windows movie maker" which comes built into windows. I forget what it's called on the Chinese version of windows but I could tell you later. I just need to log on to a Chinese windows computer around here somewhere.

In "movie maker" after you've imported the whole thing, you can then save it with various levels of compression or reduce the size of the video to something like 320x240. Usually I export stuff to whatever the slowest speed is while still maintaining 640x480 pixels. At 496kps with 640x480 resolution, that will generally give you a file that is only about 1/4 the size of the original.

Also, ironically, torrent files don't work very well from within China. I tried opening the one you gave us and so far, after about hours, it has not even started to download. I wish I could see it because I love these sorts of things. The coolest thing would be if you just used windows movie maker to cut out the fights or the best parts of the fights into 5 or 10 minute clips and then put them on youtube. Then all sorts of people EVERYWHERE would get to watch.:)

omarthefish
07-23-2006, 03:13 AM
Short version:

Sanda 5 wins, 1 by KO.

Thailang: 0

WanderingMonk
07-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Short version:

Sanda 5 wins, 1 by KO.

Thailang: 0
so, you saw the vid?

didn't you also mentioned earlier in the thread (because you thought you might have recognized one of the thai fighter) that one of the sanda guy was in for a big surprise?

so, the thai guy wasn't who you thought he was?

ZhuiQuan
07-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Does anyone have this video in a different format, or has anyone uploaded this to any video site (i.e. youtube, google videos, etc.)? I downloaded the .zip file and extracted it, but the video file won't play on my computer.

David Jamieson
07-23-2006, 10:25 AM
youtube samples would be nice.

you know, to ensure it's not just kickboxers vs tomato cans.

which often times amateur night is. :p

omarthefish
07-23-2006, 05:24 PM
so, you saw the vid?

didn't you also mentioned earlier in the thread (because you thought you might have recognized one of the thai fighter) that one of the sanda guy was in for a big surprise?

so, the thai guy wasn't who you thought he was?

Yeah. The thai guy was a nobody. Just looked familiar.

No I didn't see the vid. I read the results off the web page that DExin linked:

http://www.k-o.cc/kobbs/taiquan.htm

Davie probably has it right. The page linked also has links to a bunch of video but it's just advertisements and one looooong clip of the organizers discussing rules and stuff.

Ou Ji
07-23-2006, 05:42 PM
It's 934 megs. I'll see what I can do unless someone else knows how to handle it.

Ou Ji
07-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Ok, for those that haven't seen the video there's good news and bad news. Bad news for the guys that thought it might be silk pajamas against Muy Thai. It's San Shou v Muy Thai. The Chinese seem to want to go for takedowns and score points rather than jack up their opponent.

Good news is that I downloaded it, can view it and convert it to smaller chunks viewable by most players.

Bad news the files are still rather large. The first conversion I did was the opening text and first fight saved to .mov format. It's 22mb.

I'll try some other formats. Any suggestions?

My computer is slow so it will take awhile to get the whole thing chopped up into smaller pieces. I'll do them as individual fights.

I'm looking at hosting sites that will allow > 10 meg files. Suggestions on this?

ZhuiQuan
07-24-2006, 03:55 PM
I don't know of any besides youtube and google...

DexinWong
07-25-2006, 04:33 AM
HI ALL,

U all can click follow the link to see the video.

http://www.k-o.cc/kobbs/taiquan1.htm

click the "green fonts".