PDA

View Full Version : Video: Tai Chi pushhand

SPJ
07-18-2006, 07:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YdG6Df7Fyo&mode=related&search=

the vid was posted in another forum. thanks.

applications:

1. Ti Shou or elevating hands.

2. slanting flying?

3. Dan Bian Xia Shi or single whip lower posture.

4. Golden pheasant standing on one leg.

5. needle at the bottom of the sea.

etc etc.

:)

SPJ
07-18-2006, 07:51 AM
The idea is that while maintaining "Peng Jing" when the opponent is holding; you suddenly and circularly change your Jing and the opponent has to back away.

When you practice the postures with the big movements, however, we have to pay attention to Peng to make the opponent in a "fixed" posture and then turn the Jing away circularly etc etc.

SPJ
07-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Pay attention to change between the left and the right, up and down or inner or outer of a circle.

For example, if you are using your hand and wrist area to push the opponent, he is opposing your Jing, you follow it by moving your forearm and elbow area forward. He has to back away.

So Peng in one direction then change (with the opponent) in the opposite direction or his direction of Jing.

etc etc

SPJ
07-19-2006, 10:32 PM
It is a very nice vid explaining some of the applications in pushhands.

However, the teacher spoke with an accent. I cannot quite understand what he was saying in the beginning part.

Some thing about using the arm and hand like a long spear/Qiang?

But I do enjoy the latter part. It is a very interesting observation.

For example,

1 Xia Shi or lower posture. You lower the opponent and not your self.

2. Hai Di Zhen or needle at the bottom of the sea. Your right hand goes downward to "control" the opponent's grabbing hand. Your other hand is to Peng. The opponent is lowered or "fixed" and then you Peng his upper side and out he goes.

etc etc.

Scott R. Brown
07-20-2006, 12:47 AM
This is very similar to the principles of Aikido!

NIce vid. I wish i knew what he was saying, LOL!!