PDA

View Full Version : OT: Tiger vs. Lion

PangQuan
07-19-2006, 12:28 PM
I guess the chinese were right...the tiger is the king of beasts.

http://media.putfile.com/LionVsTiger

brothernumber9
07-19-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm not so sure the same would have been if it were a male lion.

PangQuan
07-19-2006, 01:41 PM
i believe they were both female. besides, female lions are way faster than males.

SPJ
07-19-2006, 07:57 PM
This is so wrong.

How could you put 2 tigers or one tiger and one lion in the same cage in the zoo?

Dun the zoo keeper or circus owner know that they are very territorial for food, shelter etc?

"There can only be one tiger in a mountain." Yi Shan Bu Rong Er Hu.

This is an ole Chinese saying.

The lion was being submissive by lying on the ground and exposing its vital or belly. The tiger should just walk away and instead come in for a kill.

This is just very inhumane to put them together in a narrow and close cage together.

--

:(

brothernumber9
07-20-2006, 05:04 AM
I couldn't tell if the tiger was male or female. However rare, offspring of tiger-lion mating has occured. They are called Ligers, or Tigons, or super tigers.

As for male vs female in lions. It is arguable if the female is faster, since the males rarely run and certainly not very far. Just the same, they (males) are bigger and stronger and no strangers to fighting.

gwa sow
07-20-2006, 06:30 AM
we have a park down here in miami called parret jungle. they have a tiger-lion thing. it is freakin huge. they said that when the lion and tiger are bread together, depending on which is male and female the offspring will either be a giant or a dwarf cat. i think standing on its hind legs the think was 10 or 12 feet tall.

Crushing Fist
07-20-2006, 06:43 AM
average weight of a male Lion = 420lbs

average weight of a male Tiger = 550lbs.

size matters

http://messybeast.com/genetics/growth-dysplasia.htm

PangQuan
07-20-2006, 11:24 AM
http://www.parrotjungle.com/images/animal/liger.jpg

BlueTravesty
07-20-2006, 11:41 AM
yeah, that's pretty much my favorite animal...

:D sorry I couldn't help myself.

SimonM
07-21-2006, 04:33 AM
Yeah. Allowing a tiger and a lion to be in the same enclosure is STUPID and CRUEL.

That being said, one tiger vs. one lion: bet on the tiger.

One tiger vs a pride of lions: Tiger kisses it's ass goodbye.

Lions are pack predators. Tigers are not.

David Jamieson
07-21-2006, 06:49 AM
um, that was pretty sick. and i mean that in the worst sense of the world.
can anyone translate what the korean subtitles are?

why was this done? was it an experiment gone awry? or some sick idea of fun?

SPJ
07-21-2006, 07:16 AM

It is a beautiful and amazing big cat.

:)

BigPandaBear
07-21-2006, 07:30 AM
"Heh, your lion style is very good, but my tiger kung fu is much better!"

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...:p

SPJ
07-21-2006, 07:38 AM
And yet they are both "cat claws" or Mao Zua according to Huo Yuan Jia in "fearless" movie.

:D

gwa sow
07-21-2006, 07:58 AM
speaking of two animals fighting, anyone see the opening credits to the old school iron monley? a little monkey is fighting with some kind of eagle. kinda neat but messed up at the same time lol.

SanHeChuan
07-21-2006, 09:47 AM
SPJ - And yet they are both "cat claws" or Mao Zua according to Huo Yuan Jia in "fearless" movie.

In the version I got the subtitile's call it "Pus*sy Claw"

The Willow Sword
07-21-2006, 01:43 PM
WTF are these people's major malfuntion to put two female felines of different species in a cage together???
They blatently did that so that the felines would fight each other. its cruel , sick and i hope the b@stards who did that get their nads ripped off by one of those cats.

back when i was a teenager i helped to take care of a few exotic felines. A jaguar named Tessa and a beautiful Tiger named Koura. Also a couple of cougars. All females. The tiger and the jaguar were in the same paddock but seperated by a very thick metal cage wall. The tiger was bottle raised as a cub so she was tame enough that one could get into the cage with her and be relatively safe. I never did this but i HAVE been able to pet this tiger and rub her belly and be totally safe in doing that. Its an amazing experience being that close to an animal like that. Just because she was "tame" to a degree, doesnt mean that she lacked her natural instincts, and it showed when we fed her. the mentality and dynamic changes and they become territorial and fierce.
Tigers are powerful, intense and i was very privaleged and honored to have been a steward to all those felines for that summer back in high school.

Peace,TWS

neilhytholt
07-21-2006, 01:49 PM
WTF are these people's major malfuntion to put two female felines of different species in a cage together???
They blatently did that so that the felines would fight each other. its cruel , sick and i hope the b@stards who did that get their nads ripped off by one of those cats.

Most humans seem to be a relatively low form of life that does not have the capacity for intelligence and reason.

monkeyfoot
07-21-2006, 02:06 PM
AHH YEA!!!

The original Iron Monkey intro was wicked (in both sense of the word)

Has anyone seen 'Swiss Family Robinson'???!?!

That film showcases 2 Great Danes fighting with a tiger....pretty mental

craig

PangQuan
07-21-2006, 02:41 PM
swiss family robinson?

was that show even suppose to take place anywhere tigers naturally habitate?

SimonM
07-21-2006, 03:25 PM
The worst zoo I've ever seen was the Taiyuan zoo. They had two female lions in a small enclosure.... really a cage.

While we passed by some children decided it would be a good thing to poke their fingers into the cage. The lions were ****ed. Their body language was unmistakable. I grabbed the kids hands and gave them a sharp "bu!" a kid could lose a finger doing something that stupid.

PangQuan
07-21-2006, 03:32 PM
the source that led me to that video states that this specific zoo is somewhere in china.

jethro
07-22-2006, 01:56 AM
panquan, it almost seems like dog fighting. It is some sick shlt.

jethro
07-22-2006, 01:57 AM
speaking of two animals fighting, anyone see the opening credits to the old school iron monkey? a little monkey is fighting with some kind of eagle. kinda neat but messed up at the same time lol.

Best intro ever, but again, truly effed up!

jethro
07-22-2006, 01:58 AM

that is easily the coolest thing ever.