PDA

View Full Version : whats up folks

hskwarrior
07-23-2006, 06:47 PM
still here in texas and the tai chi legacy is finally over this year.

the competition was good, only one known injury in san shou, (pretty bad too).

I got to meet some real cool members from the forum like Master Killer who recognized me from my hat, Shaolin lueb, and I finally got to meet in person YutYeeSam who is extremely cool. Also, another cool one is HTOWNDRAGON....hey i'm glad you got david chin to sign that for you bro....keep in touch.

Yut yee sam, Sow Choy, Sifu Paul Fraga and myself judged the kids division, and later i got to judge the internal championships and musical divisions as well.

Andre from the LKH school won all three of his san shou matches which was real cool. let's hear it for CLF!!!!!!!

Gene Ching, we gotta hook up when you have time.

All in all I had a great time, texas was only really hot for two days, the rest was kinda cool.

Peace....be back in SF tomorrow.

HSK

htowndragon
07-23-2006, 10:22 PM
im gonna go train with Chin sifu at some point intensively

right now i have the first of 12 of hop gar's seed fists...

11 more to go... haha

but yeah, scary guy, he even worked the chyuun choi two man drill with me

yutyeesam
07-24-2006, 02:23 AM
Great to meet you guys in person finally! Frank and Joe - I had a blast judging the kiddos with y'all! Sorry I had to bail early, I had to drive back home to Austin and get ready for classes the next morning (unfortunately it's either me teach, or no teaching since I just started the school). I really wanted to catch Sunday's events, but just couldn't.

Joe - congrats on producing the top San Shou fighter! It was cool hearing you speak Cantonese with Sifu Buddy Wu.

Frank - man, you are really good with kids and their parents! You might think about opening a CLF Kids Club at your school.

Here's that picture of us right before the judging the kids:

http://austinkungfuacademy.com/uploads/photos/19.jpg

Eddie
07-24-2006, 06:34 AM
http://austinkungfuacademy.com/uploads/photos/19.jpg

why did I thinkj KSHWarrior was taller? :cool: . Soem reason I always had this mental image of the Big Show ;) .

weird how we perceve others on here :cool:

gwa sow
07-24-2006, 08:56 AM
next time you see sifu chin, ask him for some ng ga by.(think thats how you spell it) nice and strong stuff. you'll be doin your joy baat sin in no time. He's a real nice guy. got to meet him and hang out with him a little at the tourny in orlando a little while back.

hskwarrior
07-25-2006, 06:58 AM
sifu chin brought his ng ka pei wine again and had alot of folks jacked up off it. LOL.

123, thanks man, kids are the best and i feel they are the true life line of any martial arts school. It's funny cause I'm always viewed as a tough ass, but when i'm around kids i completeyl change. I love seeing the grow martial arts wise from nothing. I think you had already left to go back home, but there was the cutest little 5 yr old girl doing the fan set and was tooo cute.

I had a great time there, especially hanging out and meeting all of the forum folks that did show up this year.

Shaolin lueb is pretty damm good, i caught his testing between ours and was amazed to see him in action. I hope he keeps in touch.

peace.

Oh, and eddie, no i'm a little short arse, but due to my spinal injury i lost like two inches in height. maybe i hang upside down for a year i'll get it back. ;)

Eddie
07-25-2006, 07:10 AM
two inches huh :eek: :cool: nevermind.

pity you on the other side of the us. would have been cool to meet you. my brother is in san fransco and around that area the same time as me. hes been nagging me to change my travel arangements to stay longer on his expense, and travel around with him. unfortunatly, think I'd miss my pretty wife and my son if I had to stay longer, and my business wont survive without me.
pitty tho.;)

Sow Choy
07-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Hey guys....

I had a great time too...

Great to meet y'all... Oh man... Im typing Texan now...

UGH!!!!

Joe

hskwarrior
07-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Eddie....Eddie....Eddie-Eddie-Eddie............:eek:

What are you tryin to imply MAN:eek: ............;)

anyways here is a couple of photo's from my camera.

Shaolinlueb
07-25-2006, 09:52 PM
hsk

stop flattering me :p, thanks for the compliments . i never got to meet yutyeesam. i was kinda disapointed. but i will see you next year. htown was pimping it up in there bad.

ill keep in touch with all you guys i met, if you're ever up in the northeast for a tournament let me know.

lueb.

yutyeesam
07-25-2006, 10:16 PM
I know man. Frank was telling me that you were there, and we were in the middle of judging, and then I had to take off.

I'm definitely going to have assistant instructors next year who can watch my school while I go the whole time! (assuredly I'll have a few folks competing)

I just hope next year it's not going to coincide with the USAWKF Pan American Wushu Championships. Kinda sucks that both were on the same weekend. I know some people who are Taiji Legacy regulars who went to that one instead (I guess it is a bigger event). But still, Taiji Legacy was well attended.