PDA

View Full Version : reconsidered this post so nothing to read now

Kaitain(UK)
06-14-2001, 11:07 AM
with hindsight I shouldn't have posted this

I'm trying to lose the old habits of running people down because I dislike/disagree with their methods and practice

apologies

[This message was edited by Kaitain(UK) on 06-15-01 at 02:33 AM.]

Repulsive Monkey
06-14-2001, 01:25 PM
Be compassionate.... practice Dzogchen. Its also like push-hands practice, you get better the more you put yourself in a position with tough competition. I once really hated practicing with a particular student and my Master told me to train with him more in class. I even rang him up a few times and met up with him outside of class to practice Push-Hands. Eventually I became better with him, then even and now I would say I have passed him. BUt my point is my push-hands has directly informed confrontations (verbal ones) in my personal/working life too. Cheng Man-ching said "Invest in loss". Do this everytime when in confrontation and you overcome the opponent. Just because you may fell that you don't win an argument in the conventional way of winning doesn't mean at all that you lose. To get evn or lose one's rag with some one is never a sign of succuess is it!? Its like the old internal question of whats soft? When feling heated with someone be emotionally/mentally soft and yielding, but not limp!. Being limp would make you a push over, but mindfully being receptive and not willing to bite back makes you perceptive. Try to see an aggressors root, where does the initial attack come from and what is the root of the intrinsic suffering which causes heated confrontation.

Just give out love (which can be a really hard thing to do in some scenarios, but do it all the same).

Hope this doesn't make me out to be a wanna-be preacher or anything, its just a few personal experiences in life have lead me to follow these kind of things. Since I ve started to study Taiji, Taoism and Buddhism these things have strated to make sense in a very practicval way.

Kaitain(UK)
06-14-2001, 03:58 PM
that was very helpful

"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"