PDA

View Full Version : the price of credibility

TenTigers
07-24-2006, 06:20 PM
There are several people that I know of who have gone to either Shaolin Temple, or Kuoshu Federations in China and demonstrated before "Masters" or the Abbot of Shaolin, and have recieved certificates-with their pictures, stamps etc.
These people now have instant credibility. One such "Master" who is some US representative of the Shaolin Temple, now writes books and articles as if suddenly he is an authority.
Other people make donations and suddenly their style is recognized as a credible member of Shaolin.
So does anyone know exactly how this is done? How do they do this? How much did they pay? How much Bullsh1t can I buy for my buck in China?

David Jamieson
07-24-2006, 06:32 PM
you can buy a ton of bullsh1t for only 40 yuan. :D

guy, why would you wanna be a paper tiger?

I'd rather be alone and a bad ass mofo than that.

not that Im a bad ass mofo, heck, I got cats! but still, I guess i probably couldn't feel good in my skin with that kind of non-cred

TenTigers
07-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I am not looking for credibility, just curious to find out how much these bullsh1t artists paid. The public knows nothing other than what you feed them.
as far as my own personal credibility is concerned, I have the respect of my peers, my Mo-Lum brethren. What more does one need?

Pk_StyLeZ
07-24-2006, 09:05 PM
you know whats ****ed up?
back then when i was with de shan school. he took some of his student to china to train at this school in deng feng..
and at the end of the training session or whatever. we all got a certificate that demonstrated what we learned.
well my friend/class mate got a certificate too, and he didnt even practice cause he was injured and he jus went to go watch. but he still got a certificate saying he has *learned* the 3 forms well. lol that cracked me up.
that instantly told me, that it was all BS and money > anything in china.
lolz so sad