PDA

View Full Version : Mantis >< Beer

Oso
07-24-2006, 07:58 PM
just found out, unverified (waiting on email response), that the owner of the micro brewery that makes my all time favorite beer used to train Mantis under Brendan Lai.

How cool is that?

Too cool. That's how cool.:cool:

Three Harmonies
07-24-2006, 09:35 PM
UNDISPUTED, UNCONTESTED, WITHOUT A QUESTION OF A DOUBT THE BEST THREAD EVER ON KFO! And that is just after reading the title!
OSO-friendly, buddy, bro-
What are the chances of a Mantis Microbrew ("OF DEATH" possibly)??????? Seriously think of the potential for our Iron Liver Qigong with Mantis Hook Microbrew!?!?
Raises a whole new subject on what kind of beer it would be??

Cheers
Jake :D

Oso
07-25-2006, 04:34 AM
i'd like to think he would be interested in something like that but doubtful. they are in the middle of buildling a new brewery to tripel their production.

I haven't actually met him yet though I've seen him at a couple of beer events and just briefly spoke to him at the last one to tell him how much I liked the new Tasgall Ale.

As usual, Ming Yue is the one with the connections and she met him this weekend and passed on the conversation to me. She said he was surprised to hear there was Mantis in Asheville.

I sent him a 'hello' via email yesterday. I don't even really expect a response.

Unfortunately, I would have to say that the style of beer that best reflects Mantis would be an IPA: sharp, crisp with a bite.

I hate IPA's.

yu shan
07-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Oso, one stipulation with my trip over in September.... we sample this guys beer!

Oso
07-25-2006, 07:24 AM
you already have my friend. I've served his beer every visit you've been here.

The azz kicking stuff we were drinking after the tourney in Feb was the Tasgall Wee Heavy Style Scotch Ale.

yu shan
07-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Yea mate, that was indeed a beer to be handled delicately.