PDA

View Full Version : Southern Mantis Survey Open

Jim Roselando
07-27-2006, 06:02 AM
Hello all,

I am very happy to announce the openning of the China Mantis Survey Site. The site is open and the e-book is ready to order. After 5 years of research on the mainland, Mr. Hagood's project is available for all to enjoy:

China Southern Mantis Site Now Open

www.chinamantis.com

China Southern Praying Mantis Kungfu Survey

You may now download this site for free. No passwords required. And you may share the download with your friends. You should also subscribe for the email updates from China.

We apologize for any unanswered emails you may have sent. We will try to answer all emails promptly hereafter.

It has been five years, as of 2006, that this project has taken to complete. It is a 5 Year Comprehensive Survey of the origins, history and practices of Kwongsai Jook Lum Mantis, Chugar Mantis and Iron Ox mantis in China. From North China, East China and Southern China, Southern mantis has been covered in exhaustive detail. No stone was left unturned.

You will:

Discover just where the East River is located and its significance to Southern Mantis

See the Bamboo Forest Temples in Hong Kong, Macau, Kwongsai, and the original in Shanxi Province

Find out what the Three Doors of Southern Mantis Are and Why

Visit Pingshan, the Hometown of Kwongsai Jook Lum Mantis

See never shown before photos of Master Wong Yook Gong, 4th Generation Ancestor

Read the 1957 written history of Southern Praying Mantis from Lee Siem Yuan; Interviews with Sifu Wong Yu Hua

Meet Wong Yook Gong's family and see their Kwongsai Jook Lum Mantis Skills; Join the 35th annual Kwongsai Celebration

Meet Chung Yel Chong, 3rd Ancestor's Son, Grandson, Daughter and their interviews

See Chung Yel Chong's remaining manuscripts from the 1930's

Visit Chung Yel Chong's Medicinal Clinic still operated today by his Grandson and watch treatments

Find out the histories of Som Dot and Lee Siem and where they Rest in Peace

Meet Iron Chung Bok, aged 95, who visited the opium dens in 1920 with Chung Yel Chong and Lam Sang

See the Ma Sai District, Pingshan, home to the late Lam Sang and Ancestor Chung Yel Chong

Meet Elder Yao Kam Fat and watch his performances of Three Door, Sticky Hands and Staff

Interview Elder Yang Gun Ming's family and pay respect

Join a China Mantis Reunion Banquet and watch dozens of senior / elder demos and hear what they have to say
(Wong Yu Hua, Wong Yao Hong, Wong Yao Fei, Yao Kam Fat, Lai Wei Keung, Lau Say Kay, Lok Wei Ping, Wong Gok Hong, Chen Gong, Yang Gun Ming, Lee Kwok Liang, Chung Wei Fei and others some over 80 years old)

Visit Mei Xin, the Hometown of Chu Gar Tang Lang

Meet the Elders of Chu Gar who helped Lao Sui open his first school and why Chu Gar Gao is called Chu Gar Mantis

See the successor to Lao Sui, the Late Chu Kwong Hua, and his hundreds of students

Visit Elder Chu Gar Head Master Cheng Wan and join his annual Celebrations with dozens of demonstrations

Visit Zhu Jing, the Hometown of Iron Ox Tang Lang

Watch Iron Ox Master Xu Men Fei perform second door, third door and big red staff in his Ancestral Temple

See Xu Fat Chun, Grand Father, Iron Ox, and hear Great Grandfather Xu Ku's account of a 4'th South Mantis Style, Chung Lo Ku Pai that came from Choy Tit Niu

Watch the 1950 Hong Kong Television movie in which "Wong Fei Hong vs. Kwongsai Jook Lum Temple"

Hours of demonstrations on video! Watch and discover for yourself.

Discover Mantis Fact from Fiction! Hear secrets that have never been told openly before!

The website is www.chinamantis.com

You can email us directly in China and thank you for your patience.

huangyan@chinamantis.com or info@chinamantis.com

FROM THE TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Pingshan Mantis Celebration
A 35th Anniversary Street Celebration Celebrating the Legacy of Wong Yook Gong
Host Sifu Wong Yu Hua;
Many Esteemed Mantis Sifu
Hundreds of People
Unicorn Dancing
Dozens of Demonstrations
Single Arm Set
3 Step Forward Set
Four Corners Set
Mantis Pole Set
Many Two Man Weapons Sets
Discover the Significance of the East River
Rare Photos and Teachings of Wong Yook Gong Sifu
Find Out How Wong Sifu Became Chung Yel Chong's Student
Learn About Wong Sifus 3 Tong's and 1 WuGuan in China circa 1940's
Discover Where Wong Sifus Five Hong Kong Schools were circa 1960's
Hear What Happened When 3 Sifus Opposed Wong Sifu at the Dock Workers Union
Read the 1957 Written History of the Three Branches of Southern Praying Mantis
Discover Where Som Dot Came From and What His Three Orders of Teaching Were
Read The Origin of Southern Mantis' Three Branches
Find Out Why The Chu Gar Leader Apologized To Kwongsai Mantis
Meet Wong Yook Gong's Sons Who Retain Mantis
Hear What Happened When Chung Yel Chong and Lao Sui Closed the Door
And Many More Rare photos and Secrets Never Before Released!

China Tang Lang Reunion
Join the 2002 Reunion of Mantis Masters from
South China and hear and see what they have to say!
Lok Wei Ping, Lai Wei Kueng, Lau Si Kay, Cho Gum,
Wong Gok Hong and many esteemed others! Watch complete sets*
of "Three Doors" and "34 Plum Blossom Staff". See and
read Wong Yook Gong's Mantis Fitness Society Training Creed
and hear what China masters have to say about USA and England teachers.

Iron Ox, Kwongsai; Demos and Interviews
Meet Iron Ox Master, Xu Men Fei, and visit their Ancestral Temple as he
demonstrates complete sets* of "Second Door, Third Door, Big Red Staff"
and more! Visit Elder Kwongsai Mantis Master, Yao Kam Fat, and watch his "Third Door,
Sticky Hands, and Plum Blossom Staff." Join Chung Yel Chong's family for a dinner banquet
and hear what they have to say. Visit Chung Yel Chung's medicinal clinic still in operation today
by Chung Wei Fei, his Grandson, and watch treatments!
See Chung Yel Chong's 1930 manuscripts! and More!

On Som Dot's Trail; Five Peaks Mountain / Dragon Tiger Mountain
Visit the places that Som Dot and Lee Siem have treaded. See the Jook Lum Temples in
Macau, Hong Kong, and North and South China; Shanxi and Jiangxi. See the very Temple
where mantis sprouted into three branches and later more. Visit the Bamboo Forest of Mt.
Dragon Tiger where the 108 demons were confined by the Taoist Pope. And more!

Hong Kong Chu Gar Mantis Celebration
Join the 29th, 30th, 31st annual Celebrations of Chu Gar Tang Lang. Hosted by Headmaster Cheng Wan.
Hundreds of people and dozens of complete demonstrations* not the least of Chu Gar, Hung Gar,
White Eyebrow, Choy Li Fut, Wing Chun and many more! A superb Lion Dance and Unicorn! Sit in on the presentations and dinner banquet as well!

N-Joy,

Jim Roselando
07-28-2006, 03:52 AM
Bump!

Shameless!

I know!

hahaha

PlumDragon
07-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Jim,

The site seems to have taken off well! I spoke with sifu Hagood briefly via email about the site and Im excited to see it all unfold.

Take care

Jim Roselando
07-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Hello,

Its always exciting to have more info coming to light on the arts we love. Sifu mention he recieved a good responce and we only posted this a day ago. I hope you guys enjoy it.

jo
07-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Thirty bucks a pop for something that is not available?

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

- jo

Jim Roselando
07-29-2006, 02:38 AM
Hello,

If the project does not interest you then feel free not to get it.

:eek:

Dale Dugas
07-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Jim,

Thanks again for the update on the site. I have about another month before I get my lifetime leg irons fitted....

Trolls have nothing better to do than try and try to throw their own doo doo at others as they have nothing else with which to represent.

I look forward to all the research material when it becomes available.

Be well,

Dale

Jim Roselando
07-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Hey Dale,

Someone once told me:

Dont feed the trolls!

hahaha

Its a great work. I am sure many will enjoy it and there will always be those who do not. Thats ok to!

Funny but its always a few that make a lot of noise but when you see the project you will see that in China this sort of BS is not as common. The most important thing is sharing and growth.

South Mantis is a great art!

jo
07-29-2006, 07:04 PM
That is three grand (US$) advanced to a man without a Sifu who claims to know Southern Mantis. A man who violated the most serious oath one can take in the Southern Mantis community. A man who knew so much as to publish an article proclaiming that a certain person was "the real deal" in the Jook Lum community and then recanted his story.

Roger's ignorance and total disprespect for protocol and tradition, combined with his shameless huckstering and self-promotion rival only the degredation that Jack Springer (JFS-USA) has wrought unto the Southern Mantis community.

Jim, if you want to follow that kind of man, then so be it...your path is of your own choosing.

The facts cannot be denied.

- jo

Steeeve
07-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Jo

Who are u???

I dont understood why the moderator of this forum dont banned U or shut urs hole in urs face ...

Nothing good came from U just bla bla bla .....

Men come on say what you have to say and shut up after.....u always reply with the same song ...Do u have a problem of Mental disease (obcession or schkizo)

Thank Jo

Steeve

Dale Dugas
07-30-2006, 04:35 AM
I have a question for anyone who has gone to the website and downloaded the first entry in the research project:

Has anyone had a problem with downloading it?

Be well,

Dale

Dale Dugas
07-30-2006, 04:42 AM
That is three grand (US$) advanced to a man without a Sifu who claims to know Southern Mantis. A man who violated the most serious oath one can take in the Southern Mantis community. A man who knew so much as to publish an article proclaiming that a certain person was "the real deal" in the Jook Lum community and then recanted his story.

Roger's ignorance and total disprespect for protocol and tradition, combined with his shameless huckstering and self-promotion rival only the degredation that Jack Springer (JFS-USA) has wrought unto the Southern Mantis community.

Jim, if you want to follow that kind of man, then so be it...your path is of your own choosing.

The facts cannot be denied.

- jo

I agree with you the facts cannot be denied.

Here are some:

1. The fact that you are a nameless entity who hides behind the internet.

2. The fact that you do not post any contact information here or otherwise but throw mud.

3. The fact you drop everyone elses name and not give out your own.

4. The fact that your cowardice makes you look like a small child hiding behind his mothers apron.

5. The fact of your constant tearing down of people yet you offer nothing about your skills, or should I say the lack of.

6. The fact that you pretend at knowing what Wu De/Mo Duk is about, yet continue with the smear campaign.

Yeah, Jo these are the facts. Too bad you are the one setting a bad example. Why not come join the real world and step up and say who you are, where you live so we can see who you are and what you have for a hand? I am quessing you have nothing, hence all the mouth boxing from you.

Jim Roselando
07-30-2006, 04:53 AM
Hello all,

Please ignore the trolls!

They only bring the discussion away from the positive project.

If only people would have been man enough to visit the person they feel soooo strongly about instead of using the computer to hide behind. Troll is a Troll and not worth the effort of writing to them.

Peace,

Dale Dugas
07-30-2006, 05:02 AM
Sorry Jim,

Though I am still curius if anyone has had any kind of trouble with downloading on http://chinamantis.com

Let me know if you have.

Be well,

Dale

Eric Ling
07-30-2006, 08:00 AM
hi dale,

visited your website's photo gallery.

is that u with uncle bill in one of the pics?

:)

Dale Dugas
07-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Eric,

No, that is my Shifu John Painter with Uncle Bill.

Thanks for the visit, feel free to come by anytime.

Be well,

Dale

Eric Ling
07-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Personally I think all efforts to preserve authentic kung fu should be commended and supported by those of us passionate with the classical arts.

During these days of “anything goes”, the urgency of keeping the old arts intact is even more accentuated.

My compliments to these folks for all their work in the Hakka arts.

Regards.

Fung Ngan
07-31-2006, 12:43 PM
The download was no problem. Really hope the goal is to preserve authentic Hakka arts and no money making. Up to now not yet any new news. But we keep following the efforts they are making. Nice step forward they are making.

Fung Ngan
客家白眉派荷蘭

Eric Ling
07-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi Dale,

Downloaded and everything’s ok. Nice.

I met Uncle Bill, Bob Orlando and Wayne Welch etc when I was teaching (Fuzhou Ancestral and Whooping Crane) in Denver.

Wayne is another classy Pak Kua teacher; Fu style Pak Kua veteran.

I shared lots of quality time playing with Uncle. For a non-Crane player, he sure can “whip”. With Bob, it’s always principles, principles and principles. I swear this man never leaves home without his notepad.

Co-incidentally, I am also working on a project along the same line. Over the years I’ve collected a huge quantity of TCMA materials, print and videos. Some of these (print) go back 100 years; materials that left mainland when my family relocated from Fuzhou to Singapore. I come from a family of Whooping Crane boxers.

The bulk of what I got is books/magazines printed in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore printed from the 60s. Not all of them are commercially available

In this part of the world, it used to be a standard practice to hold a yearly anniversary kung fu performance dinner. Primarily to thank sponsors and supporters of the club or koon and to raise funds for operation. This event is always accompanied with a giveaway magazine. The magazine would feature history, lineage and the style of kung fu in question. I have hundreds of these magazines that I hope to put on-line.

It is sad that many of these schools are no longer active; we are talking across the board here including Northern/Southern, Cantonese, Hakka, Fukien, Fuzhou, Hainanese and Teochew.

This is a slow process; I am managing a full time business and “moonlighting” as a “traditional kung fu” consultant with a state-sponsored institution here in Sarawak.

Maybe some of you want to work with me on this?

Regards.