PDA

View Full Version : Why does jow have to be stored in a dry place?

phantom
07-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Many jows claim that you need to store them in a dry place, yet I have never heard of an explanation for this. I have read that after taking a shower is actually an optimal time for applying jow to your body, I think because it opens up your skin's pores, making it more susceptible to the jow. What if I stored bottles of jow in a plastic storage container in a room with containers of other chemicals, or next to a sink? Could that somehow ruin the jow? What if I accidentally spill some liquid on a bottle of jow? Thanks in advance.

splinter
07-27-2006, 10:03 AM
What if I accidentally spill some liquid on a bottle of jow?

I would create a paradox in the space-time continuum, resulting in armageddon

Shaolinlueb
07-27-2006, 10:18 AM
if jow is stored in a wet place, mosture or sweat will build up on the inside and outside of the bottle. thus leaking the jow all over the place and making it have more water in it.......

um, does that sound right? if it does kudo's cause i have no idea what im really tlaking about.

Oso
07-27-2006, 10:26 AM
i've never heard anything but keep it out of sunlight.

SLL: if the bottle is sealed well then there will be no transfer of moisture from outside to inside. What can happen to any sealed liquid not filling the container is evaporation of moisture/water into the air space when it gets warm and then it can condense of the sides of the jar when it cools down.

but, nice try :)

PlumDragon
07-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Perhaps this is a misnomer from the centuries past...storage devices of old were probably not as adiabatically secure as the glass that is in use today.

Seal your bottle/jar, keep it away from light and extreme temperatures and all will be well in the jungle. ;)

The Willow Sword
07-27-2006, 11:05 AM
I believe what they mean is that the dry place should be a dark place. since dark places are usually dry places, like a cabinet or pantry. As Oso said "if the bottle is sealed well then there will be no transfer of moisture from outside to inside."

i still have some jow from about 7 years ago, still works, still potent. ive got mine stored in a cabinet in my pantry. still smells like a overmedicated Yak that hasnt bathed in 7 years:eek: :D

TWS