PDA

View Full Version : ssdu

yan23
07-27-2006, 08:12 PM
hi everybody.

the shaolin secular disciples union,have a new webpage:

www.shaolinshihengjun.com

this is my second year in that school,and soon i will post some pictures and videos.

if you have any questions.....

goldenz
11-30-2006, 03:09 PM
http://www.shao-lin.com/category.cfm?CategoryID=28

These were pretty cool live. Filmed in Denver last summer. Camera cuts short the performances, some were great some could use more practice. It was over 100 degrees that day so my hat is off the performers. Also the grass was about 5 inches long so the chain whip that the one dude did got caught up in the grass.

EDIT: I put this in the wrong thread somehow? Anyway I am a noob to the board. It was meant to go under SD Vids

Lokhopkuen
12-01-2006, 06:46 AM
http://www.shao-lin.com/category.cfm?CategoryID=28

These were pretty cool live. Filmed in Denver last summer. Camera cuts short the performances, some were great some could use more practice. It was over 100 degrees that day so my hat is off the performers. Also the grass was about 5 inches long so the chain whip that the one dude did got caught up in the grass.

EDIT: I put this in the wrong thread somehow? Anyway I am a noob to the board. It was meant to go under SD Vids

Hello;
I watched the video in it's entirety and I am sorry but I do not see anything there that remotely resembles Shaolin Gung Fu. I truly do not mean to be disrespectful. I do not mean this as a put down or flame. Simply I submit this as a critical assessment from one traditional gung fu practitioner to another. What I see IMHO is a series of disconnected movements that lead nowhere.

None of the stances connect through the waist to the hands.

There is no manifest energy or jing/ jin. The hands are waving with no purpose.

The staff and broad sword which are the root essence weapons of all the long and short weapons were empty.

Wow, I am really disturbed after viewing this. I have been to Shaolin a few times and I saw a stone erected there with Chinese Shaolin Center, didn't someone get a clue that one of your progenitors MISSED SOMETHING? They took the tour but not the basic course???

Please educate me because I am confused.

Peace:confused:

Shaolin Wookie
12-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Man, we just won't stay penned in!! Who let us out of our cage? Please guys, keep the posts in the IS Shaolin Do for Real? thread. LokHopKuen, you oughtta know better....

Just kidding. But seriously, it's in all of our best interest if we do that...as per Gene. And Gene is King...I mean Ching....

And yeah, if Rodney Dangerfield walked into any kung fu studio on the eastern seabord, his fu would look something like SD's vid posts. It's not the fu, it's the Dangerfield.

Peace...ATL CSC

TenTigers
12-05-2006, 03:10 PM
can someone please put this on youtube? My pc aint playin it
much appreciated